Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leonora

Supernatural phenomenons

4 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Do you believe you are connected to people in such a way that you would sense if something extraordinary occurs to them. A bit like telepathy. 

Or do you believe people sometimes just know what is going to happen. A bit like visions. 

Edited by Leonora

The barriers between yourself and others (what ever that might be are in your mind) 

so for example you are literally joint to the dog shit on the grass in your local park 

🤷🏽‍♂️ 

such is the nature of oneness 

@Leonora People seem to have different sensitivities to their environment. One person may be consciously aware of 5 "things" in the enviroment and subconsciously aware of 20 things. Another person may be consciously aware of 15 things and subconsciously aware of 100 things. As well, the nature of these "things" can vary. Generally, humans are most consciously aware of physical objects in the environment. Yet, most humans have had experiences in which they consciously sense beyond physical objects. For example, they can sense that something is wrong with their wife. Or perhaps they sense a creepy vibe from a stranger in a store. 

At a higher sensitivity level, some people can sense "paranormal" objects. This is often at a low resolution. For example, I've entered old historic buildings and sensed that something bad had occurred there years ago - yet I don't have specific details of what happened.  Or I might meet someone and sense that something bad had happened to them years ago, without knowing details. Occasionally an image arises. For example, I was on a date with someone and images of horses kept coming up. It was totally random. There was no reason for me to associate her with horses. Sometimes the info is legit, sometimes not. In this case, the woman grew up with horses. 

I would consider myself around the top 80th percentile in terms of sensitivity. I'm not ultra sensitive, yet I've had some experiences in which I temporarily jumped up a couple levels in sensitivity and it got weird. Imagination and Reality starts to break down. The ultra sensitive must need to adapt in unique ways to function in society.

If nonduality is true, these types of "paranormal" inter-personal phenomena should be no surprise - since we are all interconnected. For me, one of the keys is to allow thinking and categorization to dissolve. Sometimes I have an extra-sensory perception and I try to make sense of it through thinking - this generally interfers and I lose the connection.

Tonight I am going to a public talk of an autistic man who is naturally wired for nonduality - the opposite of us. Most people are conditioned to perceive dualistically and spend years mediating or take drugs for nondual experience. He is the flip. His default is nonduality. He does not perceive separation.  He has spent many years working to learn how to categorize objects. . . For example, "that is a flower, that is in a vase on a table. A fragrance I can smell is coming from the flower". It's taken him years to learn how to categorize - in this case, a flower, vase, table, fragrance, me are separate objects. . . I hope to meet him after his presentation tonight.