The Don

What really happens when you Die?

32 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, The Don said:

Hello.

This is a spiritual topic and it might be very interesting if we get to the bottom of it.

I've watched this video about dying which is very interesting and captivating at the same time. It made me think about death.

I can say that I think of death on a daily basis. Memento mori is one of my favorite mottos.

Anyway, what do you guys think about death? What happens after we die? What comes next?

Is there a similar state like experiencing 5-MeO-DMT after we're clinically dead?

Is it pure consciousness or deep dreamless sleep after we end up dead?

Research near death experiences. They seem to have some consistency. 

Anyone that has never experienced a NDE that contradicts those experiences just because it doesnt fit their worldview is nonsense imo.

Edited by Matt8800

20 minutes ago, The Don said:

The body doesn't want to die. The body wants to be able to think, move, eat and so forth. Basically, the body wants to survive.

@The Don The body/mind default mode network is a force of its own.

59 minutes ago, The Don said:

Even if there's no 'Don', there's the body of Don or at least, there is a body. That body will cease to exist. The body doesn't want to die. The body wants to be able to think, move, eat and so forth. Basically, the body wants to survive.

When the body is gone, what remains? And if it remains something like consciousness, that consciousness doesn't operate like a mind. That consciousness doesn't have awareness as the body does.

“Body” is a word, a sound, perception rather than a separate thing perceived.  Look at “your body”, and notice “your body” are words you learned. In noticing this, what actually is that

Does the thought “the body” - “want”?  Does the thought “the body” think thoughts, move, eat, etc?  On what direct experience, if any, is it based that the “body” “wants” to survive?   Is that direct experience of another thought, about “body”, “survive”, “alive”? Perhaps you are using the body as a write off, and not inspecting what you are saying / talking about. 

The “body” never started existing, and will never cease to exist. The thought “body”, is currently believed simply from having repeated the thought many times. But “the body” is not what that is. That is not the thought, “body”. You are not the thought “alive”. “Alive” remains a priori to “you”, and so there is an assumed “you”, which “believes” it (you) is separate, and “alive”, and is a “body”. You are Awareness / Consciousness. 

(Scrutinizing here because your question is “What really happens when you die?” and I respect the asking, the being, and the awakening.)

You are the sneakiest ‘thing’ that has ever been, in all of eternity. YOU. Really not kidding on this. Stop for a second and notice the sneakiness, - how easily you’re repeating beliefs rather than inspecting & and becoming aware of your dualistic beliefs.  

The body never came, and is not something which could be ‘gone’. There is only consciousness. Consciousness is the world, believing in separatism, fearing death (itself) as such, and acting in kind (suffering, fear, greed, manipulation, general “devilry”, etc). 

The body does not have awareness. Awareness is appearing as a body but is not separate in any way from the air or any “thing” else which is an appearance of awareness / consciousness. Consciousness is Awareness. Awareness is not conscious, consciousness is not aware, there is nothing for awareness to be conscious of, nor is there anything for consciousness to be aware of.

Consciousness  (you) creates all that appears to be around itself, and as it’s (you)  “name” is “I Don’t Know” - it (you) creates ideas about what it (you) is, in accordance with all that appears to be experienced “around it”. But what is “around it”, is not other than what is aware; awareness / consciousness.

Consciousness “operates” precisely as a mind, convincing itself via that very same “mind” that it actually is a “mind”, which “operates”.  These are all words, descriptions, sounds, - of the infinite being, the infinite creator, the infinite love - that you actually are. All just words pointing to what can not be said, because you would be saying, typing, hearing, reading, the words, thinking they’re about someone, or some thing - else.  They are not. The thought arising, right now, don’t believe them. Let them go...you sneaky, sneaky being. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You are the sneakiest ‘thing’ that has ever been, in all of eternity. YOU. Really not kidding on this. Stop for a second and notice the sneakiness, - how easily you’re repeating beliefs rather than inspecting & and becoming aware of your dualistic beliefs.

that was quite cute 

the million dollar question is 

what did you focus on ? 

@The Don you have died before. And you are here. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

10 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

@SoonHei Yea but I think sooner or later the actor decides to start acting again.

If the acting would end for eternity, then the acting should be ended right now, as we speak, but it isn't.

damn, life is a pointless neverending circle!

if the actor achieves liberation? his consciousness goes to the source (the final spiritual progression). But then he comes back to the play again, like Leo said: to be God experiencing his own creation thru differents lives, faces and eyes...

Here it is, i'll tell you right now 

RIGHT THIS SECOND 

i will make up a story and tell you 

when you DIE 

you get to choose between a chocolate and an ice cream and which ever one you choose you get to have a baby with it :) that is what it means to die 

The moral of the story 

is we can all make up stories and none of them will true 

however, stories do range in accuracy 

and the most accurate one is that

the death of self , is the death of awareness of experience

this is actual or imaginary depending on how you understand the term "the self" 

because that would be the level of death LOL 

"so to die means not to die which would have meant you didn't live which would have meant there was no life. but there was life and so you did die" looping back around to you died but did not die, which means you lived but died and were dead while living at the same time" 

the moral of the second story 

even one distinction is too many :)

Edited by Aakash

Yup Infinite Selfless Creator or in other Words Love Being. 

Pure Love. That's What you are. Total Complete whole Joy happiness goodness Unity and so on and so on. 

Oh Now thread. Made out from Pure Love. 

Now You know how You Create. You create out of Pure Love. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

I recommend this interview: 

It is very captivating.

Me on the road less traveled.

18 hours ago, Chi_ said:

Spot on answer by Sadhguru 

Thank you for posting this. I felt such love for Sadhguru through this video, especially at the beginning before he spoke.

I had never heard him speak before. I just found out about him recently, but hadn't looked into him.

30 minutes ago, IndigoGeminiWolf said:

Thank you for posting this. I felt such love for Sadhguru through this video, especially at the beginning before he spoke.

I had never heard him speak before. I just found out about him recently, but hadn't looked into him.

☺️ You are very welcome! Check out his main YouTube channel. Its a place of vast amount of free wisdom. 

Edited by Chi_