The Don

What really happens when you Die?

32 posts in this topic

Hello.

This is a spiritual topic and it might be very interesting if we get to the bottom of it.

I've watched this video about dying which is very interesting and captivating at the same time. It made me think about death.

I can say that I think of death on a daily basis. Memento mori is one of my favorite mottos.

Anyway, what do you guys think about death? What happens after we die? What comes next?

Is there a similar state like experiencing 5-MeO-DMT after we're clinically dead?

Is it pure consciousness or deep dreamless sleep after we end up dead?

Me on the road less traveled.

@The Don dying may feel like one of those dreams where you fall down the stairs or fall in general and then instantly wake up in your bed.

in other words, there is no BLANK moment. there's always the next frame of experience. YOU always exist (the soul) 

The Don, however... well, The Don YOLO :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Mikael89 reborn is simply falling for the illusion again. 

death of the body will get you that, yes... the soul/impersonal consciousness looking thru another set of eyes.

the impersonal consciousness, once it recognizes and knows itself, is free from being reborn... that just means, it will then-on be eternally aware of what is real and what is not.

so it will still be reborn as form, but it will be lucid. 

imagine someone who has mastered that art of lucid dreaming

so when they go to bed at night. they are ready and know they are about to dream and then in that dream, they party it uppppppppppp

Love Is The Answer

@Mikael89 Mikael thinks there's a start to eternity

it IS already the case

the ACTOR is the himself before he starts filming a movie, during it, and remains himself after the filming of the movie. the character he portrays comes and then goes. 

the actor is always present.

even while he is portraying the character

:)

same deal here.

the soul always is here. just wearing Mikael and SoonHei masks right now. but is there beneath.

always.

Love Is The Answer

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

I think you will get reborn. Which means: the impersonal Consciousness "looks through another set of eyes".

Okay. I would like to understand that.

@The Don the actor films one movie as Tom

and then films next movie as Harry

the soul lives one life as The Don

and then lives the next life as Whoever Else

@Mikael89 the sooner or later is this right now! this is the sooner or later that created a new point of awareness in the SOUL living as Mikael.

when this point of awareness awakens, that is liberation FOR that point of awareness in the SOUL.

then THAT point of awareness is eternally in heaven/nirvana.

but yes, the Soul which is infinite creates and will create infinite acting, with each point of awareness which is acting come to the self-realization and then eternally blissing out and about :) 

BLISS WITH ME BRO!

Love Is The Answer

You Can discover it directly. 

Meditation is the way. 

Not a rocket science, actual practises get You all the answers. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

@Mikael89 the key is to be able to discern who is doing the meditation and who is really meditating.

the true SELF is always meditating... it is meditation itself.

25 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

If enlightenment is a eternal state, it better be a superb state. Because anything eternal freaks me out. Because if it sucks even slightly, then you will be stuck with that slightly suckyness forever.

the 'you' which maybe stuck in that forever is not YOU

there is no forever. CHANGE is a law. everything changes.

EXCEPT YOU!

by forever what you really mean is a Very very long time... but it will not be forever, without end. EVERYTHING CHANGES. 

also. enlightenment is beyond a description like a superb state. 

as it is always the case, it contains (it is) all states. like superb and superbAD states also.

again, the actor analogy nails it

an actor can portray a poor character or a rich character. the actor is not limited to only portraying a rich, bliss-ful roles... he might also portray roles where he is tortured

Love Is The Answer

24 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Many people meditate without ever getting enlightened. Even Leo have stopped meditating (he have said that).

Jed McKenna is against meditation.

Even Ramana Maharshi said that meditation can't get you enlightened. He said that self-inquiry is the way.

@Mikael89, can you give me a link where @Leo Gura said that he has stopped meditating?

Meditation can be deceptive wholesomely. It’s like playing the lottery, some people get lucky and some people don’t. 

I never wanted to play that lottery because I have monkey mind. It wasn’t for me 

Edited by Aakash

@Mikael89

Listen yourself, trust your inner guidance. You know What works Best for You. 

Nobody Can get You answers(Well I Can give it but what's the point they are even If True still pointers and Concepts for You). Truth is Actual and only You Can arrive to it. 

Take ownership over your own journey to Self discovery. 

Love you man. 

12 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

No, can't find it anymore.

But are you sure that @Leo Gura has said that he stopped meditating? Are you 100% percent sure?

@The Don There is no you who lives and dies Don. There are ideas of Don.  It of course totally seems like it, but that is consciousness, that is the point. There is just consciousness. Realized now or then, same realization. Everything that comes to mind is another thought, and thought is consciousness - see through it by letting it go, because ‘you’ can’t ‘see through it’. It can’t really even be said there is anyone or any realization. You’ve never moved, never done anything. That is how unexplainably magic you are, and “magic” is consciousness. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Even while standing, walking, and working you never leave meditation. It's simply your natural state of awareness beyond the conditioned mind. That's what we mean in Zen by to "sit" in meditation. Here's some words from the sixth Patriarch Hui-Neng on it.

☯️☯️☯️

Good friends, I know there are people who tell others  devote themselves to sitting and contemplating their minds on purity and not to move or think. Deluded people are unaware, so they turn things upside down with their attachments. There are hundreds of such people who teach the way like this. But they are, you should know, greatly mistaken.

Good friends, what are meditation and wisdom like? They're like a lamp and its light. When there's a lamp, there's light. When there's no lamp, there's no light. The lamp is the light's body, and the light is there lamp's function. They have two names but not two bodies. This teaching concerning meditation and wisdom is also like this.

Good friends, the Dharma isn't direct or indirect. It's people who are sharp or dull. For those who are deluded, there is indirect persuasion. For those who are aware, there is direct cultivation: Know your mind and see your nature. For those who are aware, there is basically no separation. For those who aren't aware, these are infinite kalpas on the wheel of rebirth. 

Good friends, since ancient times, this Dharma teaching of ours, both its direct and indirect versions, has proclaimed 'no thought' as its doctrine, 'no form' as its body, and 'no attachment' as its foundation. What do we mean by a form that is 'no form'? To be free of form in the presence of forms. And 'no thought'? Not to think about thoughts. And 'no attachment,' which is everyone basic nature? Thought after thought, not to become attached. Whether it's a past thought, present thought, or future thought, let one thought follow another without interruption. Once a thought is interrupted, the dharma body becomes separated from the material body. When you go from one thought to another, don't become attached to any Dharma. Once one thought becomes attached, every thought becomes attached, which is what we call 'bondage'. But when you go from one thought to another without becoming attached to any Dharma, there's no bondage. This is why no attachment is our foundation.

Good friends, 'no form' means externally to be free of all forms. If you can just be free of forms, the body of your nature is perfectly pure. This is why we take 'no form as our body.' To be unaffected by any object is what is meant by 'no thought,' to be free of objects in our thoughts and not give rise to thoughts about Dharmas. But don't think about nothing at all. Once your thoughts stop, you die and are reborn somewhere else. Students of the way take heed, don't misunderstand the meaning of this teaching. It's one thing to be mistaken yourself, but quite another to lead others astray then to criticise the teaching of the sutras while remaining unaware that you yourself are lost. Thus the reason we proclaim 'no thought' as our doctrine is because deluded people think in terms of objects, and on the basis of these thoughts they give rise to erroneous views. This is the origin of all afflictions and delusions.

Nevertheless when this school proclaims 'no thought' as its doctrine, those people who transcend objects and who don't give rise to thoughts, even though they have no thoughts, they do not then proclaim 'no thought.' What does 'no' negate? And what thought is 'thought' about? 'No' negates dualities and afflictions. And 'thought' is thought about the original nature of reality. Reality is the body of thought, and thought is the function of reality. When your nature gives rise to thought, even though you sense something, remain free and unaffected by the world of objects. The Vimalakirti sutra says, 'externally, be skilled at distinguishing the attributes of Dharmas, and internally, remain unchanged by the ultimate truth.'

Good friends, in this school of the Dharma, when we practice Zen, we don't contemplate the mind, and we don't contemplate purity, and we don't talk about being dispassionate. If someone says to contemplate the mind, the mind is basically a delusion. And because a delusion is the same as an illusion, there is nothing to contemplate.

Love Is The Answer

40 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

@The Don keep in mind:

meditation does not have to be while sitting crossed legged and eyes closed

one may stop meditation when one becomes meditation itself.

Thank you for sharing these words with me.

This is what I am trying to do. To be mindful all the time. To be present all the time.

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@The Don There is no you who lives and dies Don. There are ideas of Don.  It of course totally seems like it, but that is consciousness, that is the point. There is just consciousness. Realized now or then, same realization. Everything that comes to mind is another thought, and thought is consciousness - see through it by letting it go, because ‘you’ can’t ‘see through it’. It can’t really even be said there is anyone or any realization. You’ve never moved, never done anything. That is how unexplainably magic you are, and “magic” is consciousness. 

Even if there's no 'Don', there's the body of Don or at least, there is a body. That body will cease to exist. The body doesn't want to die. The body wants to be able to think, move, eat and so forth. Basically, the body wants to survive.

When the body is gone, what remains? And if it remains something like consciousness, that consciousness doesn't operate like a mind. That consciousness doesn't have awareness as the body does.

14 minutes ago, The Don said:

Thank you for sharing these words with me.

This is what I am trying to do. To be mindful all the time. To be present all the time.

@The Don Nice! That's huge.