Rilles

How To Straighten Out A Bad Neck?

8 posts in this topic

Any exercises? Years of computer sitting and phone usage has really fucked up my posture and neck... Its protruding!

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 minutes ago, Knock said:

You need to strengthen your anterior muscles in your neck shoulders.

Do face pulls at the gym and this at home.

Thank you so much! exactly what I needed! I really want to avoid severe pains in the future like ruptured disks or whatever its called.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

You need to work out your upper back. Take an elastic. With your hands facing down and holding the elastic, position your forearms so that they are parallel to the ground and perpendicular to your torso. Gently use your shoulder blade muscles so that they come together. Make sure that you're using the muscles in your back not your shoulders. Hold that for as long as you can. Repeat. 

You can develop the habit of stretching your neck from side to side throughout the day.

Sailing on the ceiling 

I go to a chiropractor. He works miracles! 

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Squat instead of sit. I squat on chairs it has helped my back and neck but daily Yoga and similar arts will definitely help over time :)

There is also Atlas Orthogonal but it will cost you a lot.

B R E A T H E

- A physiotherapist can suggest proper exercises. Do them for the rest of your life.

- If you are still working on the computer, use a high back chair so your neck and head have full support.

- Make sure the center of the computer screen is at your eye level. Check out basic ergonomics for using a computer. 

Please do extensive research before trying anything anybody tells you. I'm not directing this towards anybody that has commented on this by any means it's a blanket statement. I would give my professional opinion seeing as this is my particular line of work however without actually seeing the person in question I cannot properly assess what is needed.

I'm assuming it's desk neck but I don't know what level this person is at I also don't know how the rest of their body is. And without proper posture analysis to find all the imbalances from the feet up a proper diagnosis cannot be made.

However I will suggest finding a good massage therapist one preferably that works in a clinic like a chiropractic office and is comfortable with working on sll types of patients

there is a form of deep tissue massage that they can do to actually break up that scar tissue to flatten that hump out .