Psyche_92

Comfort zone

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

About a week ago i started facing fears and stuff that make me uncomfortable head on to get out of my comfort zone more often. So far everything is going great, and i'm becoming proud of myself for doing the stuff i fear most.

A lot of my fears are resolving around social activities, like eating alone in a restaurant or drinking a coffee alone in a bar. Talking to random strangers i don't know about random stuff etc ( i used to be a pussy and not do it ). Right now i'm doing all these things, but while i'm doing them i still feel pretty uncomfortable, and it doesn't get any easier the next time. It's like the fear subsides but comes right back at me. 

Will this ever go away?

Edited by Psyche_92

in my experiance, change will come gradually, you may make some good steps, but old beliefs, habbits etc. will push you back after a while, it takes great courage to keep going regardless the resistance you will face, the ego will do anything to decieve. learn to love this process and you will be good. it will take time though. 

That's a good initiative, these kind of activities can be really empowering. I remember being in the same situation (feeling a bit weird for eating alone), while I was travelling, and with time it got better to the point where I enjoy more eating alone than being in bad company xD

It comes with paying less attention to what other people think, with being comfortable with who you are, with being alone, with doing what you want. You can also take the chance to savor your meal/coffee and learn to enjoy these alone moments.

@Psyche_92 you know when you first wake up and it's fresh? then your thoughts and anxieties set in within 60 seconds of waking up?

thats like fear. even when you are in the midst of action, you are scared shitless.

fear is fine. can you go in it further? so you're in a cafe alone. what next? talk to someone. wear orange if you couldnt imagine it before.

perspective needs to be alive and it wont come easily.