Shanmugam

My Book on the essence of three major religions - Get it for free

10 posts in this topic

I just published my new book yesterday, September 11, 2019. The name of the book is ‘Discovering God: Bridging Christianity, Hinduism and Islam’. It is available in both kindle and paperback. Kindle version is live but the paperback version is still under review. I will add the link to it once it is ready. This book is a step towards bridging all religions. Out of 100 readers, I am sure that it will make a difference to at least 10 people. This book explains the central nerve, the essence of all religions. I have written this book hoping that it will contribute something towards religious tolerance, unity of mankind and the ability to really see that all religions lead to the same truth.

I am a running a free promotion for the book from Thursday, September 12, 2019, 12:00 AM PDT to Friday, September 13, 2019, 11:59 PM PDT. During this time, you can download the book for free.

You don’t have to have a kindle. You can download kindle app for android, create a free amazon account if you don’t have one, login and download the book for free during the period of promotion. Please leave your reviews after you read the book, to let the world know about this book. This book was possible only by Grace. Here is the book description as it is given in Amazon:

” God is the most misused and misunderstood word in the world. There are thousands and thousands of religions in this world but the major religions that stand out in the list include Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. Do they have anything in common or they are completely different from each other? In this book, I will show you how all the major religions of the world have the same central core and point to the same truth. I have quoted numerous verses from the Bible, Bhagavad Gita and Quran and have given a detailed commentary on them in the process of explaining the truth about these religions. I have unraveled the secrets of Greek mystery schools, Upanishads, Kabbalah, Hasidism, Sufism and other mystic traditions in the book. But this book needs a complete open-mindedness and patience from your part. By buying this book and sharing it with your friends, you are contributing something to the world peace. I strongly believe that this book will bring a change. “

US readers, click here to get the book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XRJ3GWS

Indian readers, click here: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07XRJ3GWS

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

2 hours ago, Bill W said:

Do you think I can download it from UK?

Yes.. each domain has a different link

Try this link for the UK:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XRJ3GWS

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

10 downloads so far. It will be available for free until Friday, September 13, 2019, 11:59 PM PDT, so invite you all to download and read it for free. 

I am posting a Quora answer that I just wrote which is related to my book. The question was "I have tried all 5 major religions and still not convinced by any of them. I believe in God and I am desperate to know that God. What should I do now?"

Answer:

This is a beautiful question. This question doesn’t come from the typical mind of a believer who is following the religion simply because he or she is conditioned by it from birth. This question comes from the mind of a seeker, who wants to know God. I was also a seeker like you once, exploring different religions and still couldn’t get those questions answered. But I did find God in my own experience and in the light of my own experience I also understood that all the three major religions, Hinduism, Christianity and Islam have the same central core. They speak different languages and their crests are different, making them look like different religions.

All religions have three aspects:

1) A system of faith for everyone

2) A system of practice for everyone.

A system of truth and the systematic path to truth for seekers.

You may be surprised to hear that the only religion which makes this distinction clearly is Islam. The three dimensions in Islam are Islam, Iman and Ihsan. Islam deals with the five pillars and gives the basic code of conduct. Iman is the domain of faith, this is intended mainly for people who are inclined to believe rather than seek. But the third dimension is unknown to the majority; it is ihsan, the path of union with God, apart from whom nothing has a separate existence. God is not a person. It is the essence of life and universe. God is personified just for convenience, as a psychological device.

While Islam preserves the skeleton of a religion and also has a suitable name to it, (Islam means peace and surrender), Hinduism preserves the vast scriptural knowledge written by thousands of people who has known God not by belief but through experience. So Hinduism preserves the flesh of the religion. Without flesh, there is no life.

So, Islam preserves the skeleton of the religion and Hinduism preserves its flesh but Christianity gives it life. The central message of Christianity is nothing but love and love only. And love and meditation are two ways to realize God in one’s experience; and love is an aspect of God Himself.

If religion is a human being with its skeleton, flesh and life in tact, science is its reason. If we have to explain God purely by reason, we have to do it through science. So, I wrote my first book connecting science and spirituality which is, “The Truth About Spiritual Enlightenment: Bridging Science, Buddhism and Advaita Vedanta”.

The missing piece of the Bhagavad Gita is in the Bible; the missing piece of the Bible is in Quran’ and the missing piece of religion is in science. It is probably a test of nature. I have explained how Hinduism, Islam and Christianity share the same essence in my latest book, ‘Discovering God: Bridging Christianity, Hinduism and Islam’.

Major religions seem contradictory to each other by appearance; but they compliment each other in essence. The last book has been written to promote religious tolerance. People mistake their attachment to their own religion as some kind of devotion to God. They think that they are doing some service to God or please God by trying to prove that one religion is better than the other. The pride and intoxication of pride in one’s own religion, aversion and prejudice towards other religions and its followers and obsession with one’s religion are totally against what the religions claim to teach in the first place. But if we all know the truth, all the religious difference and arguments will become meaningless. Maha Upanishad says ‘vasudha eva kutumbakam’ which means ‘The earth is a family’. Religions preach love towards God and love towards human beings. But they also give a clearcut path to end your suffering too. This second benefit of religion is hugely untapped by the majority because they do not know the truth about the major religions. I have revealed that truth in the book

Shanmugam 

It is the essence of life and universe.

This is pantheism, all pagans doctrines are pantheistic. They take Being for God. All schools within Hinduism are essentially pantheistic.

While Bible and Quran is monotheism, it says that Allah is separate from essence of life, separate from universe, from reality, from experience and separate from absolute infinity. In other words, He is separate and not-identical to that which is absolutely everything and which is boundless. Thats impossible since infinity is all there is, but thats the message of Quran, and core of God's providence - the impossible -  Supremacy over absolutely everything. Allah is winner over absolute infinity.

Islam is doctrine of non-identicalness while all Nondual metaphysics are based on identicalness.

And Quran calls that 'essence of life and universe' - or God/Gods of pagans - Quran calls that as Iblis or Apollos or Diabolos. Devil. The Great Being.

In other words Islam says that the essence or substance of reality is diabolic, it is devil itself. The great ITSELF or SELF of Nondual doctrines is Devil.

For instance, there is hadith that says to diligently blow your nose after waking up in the morning, because during your sleep Devil has occupied large parts of your nose. Or there is hadith like that - Satan is living even inside your veins/blood flow. Or there is hadith - music is Satan's language. And as we know Being is Music. Someone said here that there is only music in reality. Or there is hadith - flute is forbidden coz its Satan's whistle. And as we know Krishna is playing on flute. Greek gods like Apollon is playing on flute. Essentially all Hindu and Greek and Egyptian etc. pantheon of gods are nothing but masks of Being. And all avatars and incarnations that came to restore dharma are also avatars of The Great Being. Because Iblis wants for eternal law of universe to be eternal forever. Coz Being's only purpose is to be and to be to infinity. While Abrahamism came as revolution against universal order. Thats why ISIS is fighting the global world order. While someone sweet like Dalai Lama wants to keep peace and status quo. Because dalai lama is agent of Being, of Universe, of Iblis.

What does it mean? It means that Substance of Existence or Essence of Existence is infernal, its based on metaphysical error. And since all is one, and its total, thus all is devil. And Allah has intentionally made error, and then made human to fix that. The true purposes why is it so are beyond our understanding I guess.

But why human call that Devil or essence of life as God? Because Devil is light, bliss, he is goodness, he is beauty, harmony, peace. Thats attributes of Being. Of Lucifer. Devil is GOOD itself. It is Idea of Good itself. So naturally when human achieves enlightenment and realises his union with oneness, he is in very good state of being. Everything seems good. And he naturally thinks  that 'oh well, thats what God is all about. Something good as that cannot be evil, and it is definitely what we are here for, and it is what all the religious noise is all about. Ohh, I got it know, I am so happy I found God, now I can be sure that I am safe and on the side of truth'. Hehe, nope, the core of error is found in Quran - 'What you think is Good is actually Evil, and what you think is Evil is actually Good'. Meaning that Good is only there for seduction and as means for sacrifice, be it low kind of pleasure or highest kind of spiritual good. And as analogy - ISIS and Dalai Lama - ISIS is Evil itself in the eyes of masses, while Dalai Lama is the Goodness itself. But if we use Quranic logic then reality switches upside down.

So we can't bridge different doctrines. Because they are not talking about same thing. While Sufis are also pantheists, mystical path is always pantheistic. So we can't unite all paths within one religion either coz they are not talking about same thing.  

Christianity is same to Islam in its core, but many latest mystics, saints, theologians, priests, monks, many fallen into idea of good trap and have based their teachings on 'God is Good' idea. Idea of Good is the strongest and trickiest and the main hook through which Devil catches us in his warm hands. 

Not to see such obvious and mutually exclusive contradictions while comparing Quran with Nondual doctrines is a sign that there is imperative of nonduality here, there is desire to make everything to fit into comfortable nondual bias. Clearly scriptures are saying different things and contradicting each other to large extent, why not to notice that striking difference and whats the source of this strange idea of uniting everything under the same paradigm? thats a question that needs answer. 

Edited by Monkey-man