Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EM45

How to stop Mental Masturbation forever

1 post in this topic

Mental Masturbation - Intellectual activity that serves no practical purpose

An example to me would be like watching Leo's videos with no desire for practical implication to improve their lives.

A some sort of continuation of your balancing theory vs practice video with a more focus on people who are more theoretical and can't easily see the practical implications of theory. I can't really account for everyones circumstances when it comes to how much theory versus action one should take but I think I can generalize that most of use need more action as compared to our consumption of theory. I can see how learning = behavior change can be some practical implication of theory but to me thinking about theoretical change. The topic I want is something along the lines of following through the full process of converting theory into action or practice. To me knowledge is ONLY power if one actually uses it. If you don't use the information you have learned from watching/listening to theory I think that would have been quite a waste of time in my opinion. I have wasted so many hours for the past few years just listening and watching theory that I see no results in. I a lot of theoretical people like me could use a bit of guidance towards becoming more pragmatic but not too pragmatic.

This topic could change how people approach to videos like yours and increase the amount of results they get from any video/book. The amount of theory to practice ratio would be good and people can actually see the fruit of their labor of watching your videos or any other self development content.

Edited by EM45