MrBlue

starting therapy

4 posts in this topic

I started university the beginning of this year. I've been contemplating on whether I should go to therapy at school. My first semester was really hard I had suicidal thoughts and skipped classes a lot. I start to feel confused about my mental health and personal development work. Sometimes I think these problems of depression are problems of the ego. That I need to do more inner work. But I've realized that my sadness is not a phase. I've had it since I was 12 years old. Does anyone also see a confusion between mental disorders and personal development? Do you pass your disorder as an issue of the ego in order to avoid professional help? 

@MrBlue Both. Definitely take advantage of all resources available to you. This is your life we’re talking about. Quality of service in therapy varies greatly of course, but it can be a great experience. You’ll likely learn many new and great ways to look at things, as well as lots of very helpful aspects of self discovery.  Add daily morning meditation to that, and you’ll experience a sort of 1 +1 = 5.  The more you learn and self discover, the better. 

Twoness wise... consider the usefulness of character development, skill building, etc, in a video game...having nothing to do with the real you holding the controller.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Hey man. At University myself, taken a year out. Experienced depression for many, many years.

Personally, I decided to start prioritising. I was super into personal development but I realised, for myself, it was from a place of trying to feel good enough, so I was switched to working more on my self-acceptance.

Therapy has been something I have been doing and has helped me.

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

@Ulax That is interesting. It sounds like you are still working on yourself but on a specific issue. Maybe once I start therapy I can pinpoint the major problem I need to work on. 

@Nahm  You're right the use of therapy and self development skills can improve the quality of life. Thanks for the advice!