Scholar

Does God only let us experience what we can handle?

8 posts in this topic

When we experience more pain and suffering than we can handle, does it not necessarily lead to the dissolving of the ego? Anything we experience prior to the dissolving of the ego is necessarily something we can handle, is it not?

Glory to Israel

@Scholar all the pain and suffering is an illusion. 

All the things that happen to us is for some reason. If we stay calm, understand the lesson we can go further even stronger. 

I always were the One who choose suffering, reacting and all these emotions were really killing me. But the more deep I look at the things, the more i realize that everything happen for some reason. Maybe to learn, to grow, to get stronger. 

When life hits you strong, i really recommend you to read and learn more about forgivness it really helps a lot to go trough the pain. 

It still will be Hard, but if you stay conscious you can handle it more easier when you keep reminding to yourself its just an illusion, all the pain will go away, i am strong and i can handle it. Its like mantra you telling yourself to keep you possitive. 

Good luck and i am also trying this at the moment. Its Hard, but it works. 

I listen metidation music, trying be more productive and concetrate on work, myself and never forget whatever happens, happens for reason. 

Keep strong ?

how would you know how much you can handle if you havent handled it? ?

A holocaust survivor could say God gave me as much as I could handle and not more and he would be right... But so could someone who fell off his bike and skinned his knee... 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

how would you know how much you can handle if you havent handled it? ?

A holocaust survivor could say God gave me as much as I could handle and not more and he would be right... But so could someone who fell off his bike and skinned his knee... 

The point is that the metaphysical structure of the ego does not allow for us to not endure more than we can handle because if we experience somethint that we cannot take, our ego's literally disintegrate. Everything before that, no matter how much torture, was something that we could take because it did not disintegrate the ego.

So you cannot torture someone beyond what the can handle, because doing that leads to their ego just dissolving.

Glory to Israel

4 hours ago, IndigoGeminiWolf said:

Everyone who has died has gotten more than they can handle.

My argument is that no they have not, because the moment they got more than they can handle they returned to the source, they returned to being untouchable.

This is the very thing I was pointing to. You cannot experience more than you can handle, because more than you can handle means either ego death or physical death, it means either psychological disintegration or physical disintegration. Beyond that you become God, you become untouchable.

This would mean it is not possible to make someone suffer more so than their ego can handle.

By the very design of nature it cannot be otherwise. It's like God is always there, catching us when we fall. He knows exactly how much we can handle, and we can handle a lot. But as soon as it becomes more than the ego can take, there is an instant return to Godhood. The very metaphysical structure of the mind does not allow it to be otherwise.

Edited by Scholar

Glory to Israel