RobinOntwikkeljezelf

Im confused about the do nothing technique

7 posts in this topic

Leo has a video about the do nothing technique

Where you literally dont do anything but sktting. You dont observate your breaths like a controle freak

You dont force your thoughts away 

You dont do anything

You just sit and allow everything to be

I tried it a couple of times but evrytime i think, how can this be benificial to me?

Alot of people do this automatically, like people in jail for example 

But they dont get enlightened anytime soon i quess

I must understand it incorrect

Any insights are welcome

Well with this particular method, there is literally no way to do it wrong. 

If you notice yourself thinking, do nothing about it.

If you become enlightened do nothing about it

If you start sniffling, do nothing about it.

If you start wondering how to do nothing, give up and do nothing about it.

In do nothing technique observe who and what is getting benefited..

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Never been near a prison but I doubt if most inmates are meditating like it's a retreat. I think the benefit of do-nothing is to collapse the division between the doer and the done. Give the active controller a rest, until you see through the illusion of a separate controller. It's relaxing and de-stressing too, as an extra benefit. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

@RobinOntwikkeljezelf I did it for some time and wow what a deal breaker this technique is actually when you understand WHY it mus be done.

The deal with this technique is just to observe what ever comes up. You free up some time and let the mind and body relax. Then you just sit and wait, for 20 minutes. Thoughts will come up like usual, but you just observe what ever comes up. The main thing is just to purge your inner stuff. You might remember something you had to do for this evening, or the up-coming weekend, maybe a birthday party or something. If a thought like this comes up, you observe it, think about it, resolve it and let go. And another thing will come up, resolve that, let go and wait for something more. Believe me you will be blown away for what kind of stuff you will be able to remember or resolve, past traumas, past shit what haunts you today. This is the kind of purging meditation.

Mahadev

On 9/11/2019 at 2:33 AM, RobinOntwikkeljezelf said:

Leo has a video about the do nothing technique

Where you literally dont do anything but sktting. You dont observate your breaths like a controle freak

You dont force your thoughts away 

You dont do anything

You just sit and allow everything to be

I tried it a couple of times but evrytime i think, how can this be benificial to me?

Alot of people do this automatically, like people in jail for example 

But they dont get enlightened anytime soon i quess

I must understand it incorrect

Any insights are welcome

Actually this was a very powerful technique for me when i paired it with self inquiry.   Sitting and just being is much, much more powerful than you know because you are aligning with Being itself.   You can mix it up and go meta on your thoughts - acknowledge them as thoughts and then let them go - returning to no mind.  You can also sit and try not to think for as long as you can.  Ultimately you will burst into thought - just like formlessness ultimately bursts into form.  Good luck on the path!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.