Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sempiternity

Anyone have any input on the effects of 5-MeO on Bipolar Disorder?

9 posts in this topic

I have a friend that has been having a hard go in life with severe Bipolar Disorder. Been in and out of the hospital for manic episodes. Would Seeing Truth through a strong psychedelic like 5-MeO help someone like that, or make it worse? I know everyone will react differently, and there are many variables, so talking just in generalities. For instance, it's common for people with severe addictions, to be 'cured' after doing a high dose of 5-MeO. Just wondering if it can have a similar effect with disorders. And if anyone has any solid knowledge on the subject, beyond unknowledgeable opinions. Thanks. 

It could be very dangerous, there's cases of people with bipolar being hospitalised for seizures during manic episodes - which could be triggered powerfully by the 5 meo, I would advice some other psychedelic that's less stimulating, maybe mushrooms low dose?

5-MeO is for advanced psychonauts.

Start noobs on something that will not completely skullfuck them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Jed Vassallo 5-MeO/DPT hasn't cured my anxiety so I would guess it's not going to do much for your friend with bipolar.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@Jed Vassallo Speaking as someone diagnosed with Bipolar 1 Disorder... very bad idea. He shouldn’t even be drinking or smoking pot, let alone dabbling in the most powerful psychedelics known to man. They could severely destabilize his mind and cause him to go into a manic-psychotic state that he may never recover from. I’ve done moderate dosages of mushrooms prior to my diagnosis and although they were positive, formative experiences, I believe they brought out latent symptoms of my disorder (earlier, they probably would have come out anyway at some point.)

3 hours ago, Jkris said:

@Enlightenment But there should be something some idea some concept left that is causing the anxiety isnt it ? Whats that ?

Overactive amygdala I guess. If I don't take SSRI's, I can't sleep because my body is too aroused from anxiety.

-- Kenneth Folk

@Enlightenment

Just trying to understand since you are enlightened but still suffer from anxiety ?

overactive amygdala. But some thoughts reason behind that anxiety isnt it ? Only the degree of anxiety will vary from person to person.

But Can there be anxiety with out any reasons ?

4 hours ago, Jkris said:

Just trying to understand since you are enlightened but still suffer from anxiety ?

Yes

4 hours ago, Jkris said:

But Can there be anxiety with out any reasons ?

Initially, something probably has to trigger anxiety disorder but once it's there, anxiety, fast heart rate can occur without any thought related to it. Even some period of higher stress can trigger it and then, once triggered, it may take even a few years to extinguish. One's vulnerability to anxiety disorders will depend on genetic factors mostly. My father committed suicide so there may be something to it. 

Fortunately, my anxiety has gotten much better over the past few months and I'm only taking a minimal dose of an SNRI. Hopefully, I'll be drug-free in the next 3 months.

-- Kenneth Folk