Dlavjr

Good workout routines

5 posts in this topic

I'm 20 years old and work a construction job. I used to be in decent shape but I've been eating like shit lately and picked up on cigarettes again. I'm gonna be quitting cigs and I need a solid routine and some motivation. Any good suggestions? 

Check out the stronglifts 5x5 programme, it's very effective and simple- it focuses on a few compound exercises for each workout and I've seen decent results from it! I use the app for it too which is a good way to track your workouts and it has videos on how to do each exercise, but you should regularly get someone experienced (gym staff or a friend) to check if you're doing them right just in case. 

https://stronglifts.com/5x5/

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

@Dlavjr  I am a huge fan of calisthenics do you know it ?

I have worked out my whole life..used to go to the gym for a long time..until i came across calisthenics the idea of is … using your onw body weight to work out.. the plus on it is that you can literally do it anywhere anytime… why lift weights when you can do a human flag ( dont know what it is ? check on YouTube)

also you will find hunders of YouTube videos with millions of routines...

im gonna leave you the link from a 6months bigginers plans.. i have followed this myself and had amazing resaults with it ..

please do keep me updated :) 

http://www.barbrothersgroningen.com/calisthenics-workout-plan/

Look into functional training. Its the best thing you can do to improve your health, improve your job performance/longevity, and feel good overall. As a personal trainer myself I would highly advise you get a few sessions from one who is experienced and well based in functional training. They will lay the foundation on how you can gradually improve over time and build your body up instead of breaking it down by diving in head first to heavy lifting without having the foundation to do it properly.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Today I was in the gym. I go there two times a week and sometimes play basketball, it is my favorite game. Also I like to watch NBA, I even make bets via Sporting Index(https://www.bookmakeradvisor.com/uk/review/sportingindex/) on my favorite team, it is Boston Celtics! All matches results and statistics I follow online, there are many different useful information.