bejapuskas

Jordan Peterson on shadow

22 posts in this topic

I don't usually follow Jordan Peterson's work, but I don't care about who he is when he says something that is of good quality. I realized this same thing when I was contemplating what it means for one's masculinity to be healthy - be truthful about your true intentions, be authentic even if it means to behave unconsciously, if you aren't the real you, if you are hiding things, you cannot move forward. Realize your devilry, then think about it, embrace it fully and let go. 

Peter Jordanson is a walking talking shadow.

If you want to know what shadow is, look at his whole career.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The irony is that "clean your room" is a legit piece of advice.

If you are starting you build any sort of personal development infrastructure the easiest, fastest and highest-ROI actions are to clean up/organize your physical & digital environments, i.e. cleaning your room and fixing up your desktop.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Peter Jordanson is a walking talking shadow.

If you want to know what shadow is, look at his whole career.

I think thats why I watched him in one of my darkest times. Not that he helped, he was just a reflection of the shadow within and made me aware of the unconscious ideologies I had stuffed inside. His psychology stuff is cool, but I guess thats mostly of Carl Ljung talking. 

Jokes aside for me. 

Edited by Wlangr

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

7 hours ago, dBiserov said:

If you are starting you build any sort of personal development infrastructure the easiest, fastest and highest-ROI actions are to clean up/organize your physical & digital environments, i.e. cleaning your room and fixing up your desktop.

It's not irony. It's just that people of power here derive pleasure from pissing on people few steps behind them.
Disgusting.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Few things on mind regarding the video:

-No tree it is said can grow to heaven, unless its roots reach down to hell.

-The amount of light one can create is proportionate to the darkness one is willing to confront.

-In pursuit of wisdom, Odin hang himself so high up Yggdrasil that one can see its roots growing from its top.
(In my words, haven't read the Eddas for a while)

-If you want to understand something, realize you are it.

-The thing that you need the most is where you are the least willing to look at.

Some thoughts on the same spectrum.

Yggdrasil-the-Tree-of-Life-in-Norse-Myth

arcana___the_hanged_man_by_lakandiwa-d2s

Edited by Yog

Shadow Work is the MOST important practice after Meditation and Self-Inquiry, its fundamental. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 hours ago, dBiserov said:

I prefer to find an order in my chaos - god works in paradoxes :P

3 hours ago, Rilles said:

Shadow Work is the MOST important practice after Meditation and Self-Inquiry, its fundamental. 

Any good videos on this?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

1 hour ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Any good videos on this?

Dive deep brother :)

5 hours ago, Wlangr said:

I guess thats mostly of Carl Ljung talking. 

I just found this video interesting, but of course he is just copycatting Carl Jung here. It's just that he said it really nicely in this vid.

Any good videos on this?

If you want to integrate your personality, meditate everyday so your mind becomes clear. Observe yourself, question why you do all the things you do, why you communicate in a certain way, why you manipulate people etc... Be brutally honest with yourself about these things. Then when you see the devilry in your behavior, you can then realize, that you actually don't want to do these things, even though you are absolutely free to do them, and choose the things that works the best for you. 

The brutal honesty part is crucial, if you cannot identify yourself with that who you are at the moment (I don't mean True Self now, but of course you can „progress“ towards that), then this all is just mental masturbation. Also your mind has to be really clear, otherwise you will miss many things.

What you discover will be shocking, be prepared for anything that arises.

Any good videos on this?

29 minutes ago, Yog said:

Dive deep brother :)

Beat me to it. Teal Swan is an expert on this, I like many of her videos. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 hour ago, Rilles said:

Beat me to it. Teal Swan is an expert on this, I like many of her videos. 

I had her book The completion process, good book on shadow and inner child work, a bit lengthy with the 20-steps. Never felt being that emotionally whole and being in pain while doing it first time. Still it was quite difficult for me to go through it. 

Here is a video about how the process goes. 

"The Universe is Mental--held in the Mind of THE ALL."

--The Kybalion.

18 hours ago, Wlangr said:

I had her book The completion process, good book on shadow and inner child work, a bit lengthy with the 20-steps. Never felt being that emotionally whole and being in pain while doing it first time. Still it was quite difficult for me to go through it. 

Here is a video about how the process goes. 

Oh, she has books O.o ? Got to find those xD

Foound them!

@MsNobody thanks for the memes :D

On 11.9.2019 at 4:36 PM, Truth Addict said:

Leo doesn't like JP.

The guy must have a point. (I mean JP).

Thats the same logic many trump supporters work with :)