Billy Shears

How is your experience with ashwagandha?

18 posts in this topic

Yesterday I started taking ashwagandha to get rid of brain fog, to be able to think more clearly and to be generally positive. 

The recommendation says that I take three capsules of 600 mg a day with enough water.

Since I have no experience with this substance, can someone tell me from his experience how much and when you would take it? Before or after the meal? What else should you pay attention to? What does KSM66 mean? And at least does it really work?

Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans.

Ive been using it daily for around a month straight and have dabbled in it in the past. The effects are subtle, but it is an adaptogen that helps you handle stress better and can help raise testosterone to normal levels. I’ve been feeling great since I’ve started it, although I can never pinpoint the exact effects of the ashwagandha alone.

Its also a sleep enhancer, do an experiment where you take it before bed and see if you have vivid dreams like I got from it.

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

When it comes to herbal supplements, quality and where its sourced is everything. I've had some Ashwagandha that does nothing and some that make a quite a noticeable difference. Well made tinctures and wild-crafted herbs and extracts tend to work better especially grown in very nutrient rich soil from mountain and rural regions which are far away from cities or much pollution. Hope this helps

B R E A T H E

add some headstands to the ashwagandha to dive more circulation into that foggy head of yours :D 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

very subtle relaxation, interesting but quirky taste, i like it 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

What about headaches as negative side effects?

@pluto

My product is definitely organic but still I'm not sure, there are countless providers, each of which guarantees that it meets the highest standards and quality, but you never know if it's all right.

I also supplement vitamin b12 and omega 3, but I do not want to be dependent on it either.  Of course, a healthy diet and lifestyle are fundamental, but there is again countless interpretation of what is right and wrong.

By the way I'm vegan. 

Ashwagandha prevents the body from entering deeper stages of sleep. It significantly impairs sleep quality. 

Healthy people can go months with out noticing the effects. 

Like everything in the alternative health care world ashwagandha has been marketed non-stop as the miracle to all... and repeated blindly by bloggers to the point where its impossible to find an opposing perspective with out industrial grade googling. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

19 hours ago, integral said:

Ashwagandha prevents the body from entering deeper stages of sleep. It significantly impairs sleep quality. 

Healthy people can go months with out noticing the effects. 

Like everything in the alternative health care world ashwagandha has been marketed non-stop as the miracle to all... and repeated blindly by bloggers to the point where its impossible to find an opposing perspective with out industrial grade googling. 

I noticed your posts, one question, How much does Big Pharma pay you?

B R E A T H E

6 hours ago, pluto said:

I noticed your posts, one question, How much does Big Pharma pay you?

The alternative health care world is as corrupt by capitalism as any other. The minimalism/environmentalism/veganism life style is being directly targeted and marketed to. Stage greens idealistic nature doesn't stand a chance, they drown in confirmation bias guided by their idealistic values. 

I have direct experience with ashwagandha, experiences that allowed me to understand what it really is. There is no science in this industry. 

A transition to yellow involves going full circle. orange: meat -> green: vegan -> yellow: meat. It takes specific life conditions to unfold for people to transition out of veganism. This usually involves major health problems. On average this doesn't happen and instead the vegan goes a life time of premature aging, brain fog (with out knowing it), constant hunger before every meal (believing its normal), ex... Everything justified and fits there models/values/life style. So they never question there beliefs, cant escape them. This is the meaning of being trapped in a paradigm. Confirmation bias is brutal. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On 9/13/2019 at 5:53 AM, integral said:

The alternative health care world is as corrupt by capitalism as any other. The minimalism/environmentalism/veganism life style is being directly targeted and marketed to. Stage greens idealistic nature doesn't stand a chance, they drown in confirmation bias guided by their idealistic values. 

I have direct experience with ashwagandha, experiences that allowed me to understand what it really is. There is no science in this industry. 

A transition to yellow involves going full circle. orange: meat -> green: vegan -> yellow: meat. It takes specific life conditions to unfold for people to transition out of veganism. This usually involves major health problems. On average this doesn't happen and instead the vegan goes a life time of premature aging, brain fog (with out knowing it), constant hunger before every meal (believing its normal), ex... Everything justified and fits there models/values/life style. So they never question there beliefs, cant escape them. This is the meaning of being trapped in a paradigm. Confirmation bias is brutal. 

Are you purposely trolling with this post?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

2 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

@integralwondering the same thing ?

On 9/10/2019 at 8:39 PM, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Its also a sleep enhancer, do an experiment where you take it before bed and see if you have vivid dreams like I got from it.

"sleep enhancer", "vivid dreams" a direct contradiction. Vivid dreams is not restful quality sleep. A miss interpretation/understanding of your own experiences.  Ashwagandha  negatively impacts sleep, as this experience has shown. 

2 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

No, this is a world that will be revealed with enough work.

Edited by integral

7 hours ago, integral said:

"sleep enhancer", "vivid dreams" a direct contradiction. Vivid dreams is not restful quality sleep. A miss interpretation/understanding of your own experiences.  Ashwagandha  negatively impacts sleep, as this experience has shown. 

No, this is a world that will be revealed with enough work.

Subjectively no, and objectively no. REM sleep has been shown to play a huge role in restoration of the body/mind. More important than previously thought in the past.

Look up Matthew Walker, hes one of the top sleep researchers in the world. He was on the JRE and wrote “why we sleep”. He goes deep into explaining the importance of REM.

Suggest you research before you start spouting that my sleep was low quality because I had vivid dreams, lol.

I took it for 45 days approximately and I honestly felt nothing but also could be that the product wasnt high quality...

I took the sensoril version from nootropics depot, definitely improved my stamina, mood and relaxation, albeit subtle it's still really effective for me. It overall just felt like i experienced that sense of calm wellbeing more often.

So it's almost a month ago since I started taking 3 capsules of ashwagandha a day and I must say that I feel slightly better mentally and in general more positive. My monkey mind is still annoying but there are definitely more moments when I just observe the chattering without identifying with it and after a while it fades away. I don't know if this change is due to ashwagandha, I will continue to do so for three more days and then take a break for two weeks as I travel to Nepal.  I'm looking forward to the coming weeks! :)