Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natasha

Masculine and Feminine Love

51 posts in this topic

@Nahm You'll forever live on in my heart as an awesome trendy woke middle-aged lesbian lady.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

26 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Nahm You'll forever live on in my heart as an awesome trendy woke middle-aged lesbian lady.

LMAO ???

@Nahm I'm sorry bro, that was hilarious. I couldn't resist :P

@mandyjw You know you were a bad boy :P

Oh God! I think we all should take a break from spirituality for a while. lol ?

These distinctions ultimately collapse. They were invented, as there's no hard line between the two. But, it's useful to understand for personal development, integration, and shadow work. 

So here's my take on it. Feminine love is giving and connecting with others. "Awww." Protecting. We may associate that with the "man of the house" but I think that's actually a slice of feminine love. Look in nature. This strong protection instinct is not actually survival, it is completely selfless. A mama bear will die to protect the Cubs (so would the papa bear, but that's tapping into the feminine)

Masculine love is survival. Self-centered and egoic. This does not make it "worse" than the feminine. It's the hard decisions that have to be made sometimes. Notice that the masculine and feminine are in Stark contrast. Outward vs. inward. Self vs. other. Now I'm open to being wrong about some of this, but this just makes the most sense to me right now. I think it's actually that simple. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState So, for example, when a decision is being made to take a dying person off life support, does it come from masculine or feminine energy?

4 minutes ago, Natasha said:

@TheAvatarState So, for example, when a decision is being made to take a dying person off life support, does it come from masculine or feminine energy?

Masculine. So masculine love brings pragmaticism into the equation, and sometimes goes too far. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

So, for example, when a decision is being made to take a dying person off life support, does it come from masculine or feminine energy?

Ime it is a combination. I bonded very close to a cat over a 9 year period. Then he got pleural effusion that kept getting worse. We had to force down meds which he hated and had to give him an IV daily - then twice daily. I wanted to help him so much. After a few months, I started to realize his quality of life was miserable and he was suffering throughout the day. I realized part of me desired him to be healthy and enjoy life again. Yet this wasn't going to happen. As well, part of me desired to keep him going because I couldn't bear losing him. There was an energetic shift in which love became compassion of the moment and I realized the greatest love I could express was to allow him to die and put him down.

I would say the "masculine" love was the intellectual understanding of the dynamics and the courage it took to allow him to die - knowing that I would suffer afterwards and question my decision. I would say the "feminine" love was that empathy, compassion, tenderness and emotional bond. 

@Serotoninluv Thank you so much for sharing your story, I can relate. These realizations help bring about acceptance and ultimately healing, and make us see/experience reality in a more holistic deeper way <3

On 9/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, Nahm said:

So true. So beautiful!  I find there’s a feminine wisdom accessible ‘behind’ the masculine love, and a masculine wisdom discovered in expressing the feminine love - you relate to that at all? Just wondering.

Hi @Nahm . Apologies for the delayed response. When I first read your reply I was inclined to agree with you right away but there was a feeling in me which said am not fully in agreement.

The other side doesn't fully reveal itself until something has tipped. For example: What happened with the world war 1 and 2 and the Jews Massacre and the racism is what I would assume excessive masculine energy which led to sensitizing the value of human life to an extent which for me was kind a feminine energy of compassion towards fellow humans and for the first time in history of mankind there is now some level of compassion or at the least tolerance, towards all ethnicity, race, gender etc..

Excessive feminine quality with a position of power can have its own troubles with other masculine energy.

Am still contemplating about the wisdom behind the immediate masculine and feminine love. But one instance from the top of my head is yoga, most of my male friends seem to have a problem even embracing the idea of practicing yoga because they think its feminine but I have come to learn that with the power over the mind, mindful yoga can be the most masculine thing to do.

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.