Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natasha

Masculine and Feminine Love

51 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Aakash said:

The healing process is already taking place :), take as much time as you need. Truth will always wait until you are ready. 

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. 

Ask around and get more information, recontextualising your direct experience is a healthy act of recovery :) 

Thank you, and yes times like this is what helps one grow spiritually most <3

In a nutshell, masculine love is the willingness to do or say the unpleasant, painful stuff that people are going to freak out about, that is not accepted, that is controversial, that people are going to be angry about, that will shock people in service for the higher good, for cutting away the ignorance. Being hard sometimes is necessary.

Feminine love is more about sweetness and inclusion, about making one another feel accepted and valued and appreciated. About connection and healing.

In a way of thinking about it, feminine love generally is more related to a value that occurs on the short-term or in that very moment. Masculine love is generally more focused on the longer-term change that takes longer but goes deeper. Masculine love is going into the dirt to cut out the roots, which is the dirty, nasty, tough kind of work, and feminine love is mowing the lawn so that it looks clean, tidy and pleasant for the time being. Of course, if the roots aren't cut and uprooted, the overgrowth will return. That's why I say that masculine love generally has a longer-term effect than feminine love.

Not that there is anything wrong with feminine love. In fact, if someone is truly very deeply rooted into the feminine expression of love, this will not only be pleasant for the moment such a person communicates with you, but it can also leave longer-lasting effects as well; It has this potential as well. It can truly be healing. Of course, it still won't cut out the roots of dysfunctionality (I assume), but it can potentially provide an upliftment or healing in spirit to such as extent that the person can regain the power and willingness to actually start going to the roots of their suffering.

(Divine) masculine love is more direct in it: It will directly show where your dysfunctionalities lie, what needs to be seen and what needs to be done. There is no subtle persuasion. There is no going around it. People can nothing but either confront themselves and do the work that needs to be done, or immediately escape in such a situation. With feminine love, the person may be inspired to do the deeper inner work, or they may not. The danger with feminine love is that the person who is the recipient of this feminine love may get addicted to the person who is providing it, instead of taking this healing power of feminine love and its strength that comes with the upliftment of their spirit in the face of this feminine love, and turning this strength into the willingness to face their demons and awaken from/through them.

So it's not to say that either masculine love or feminine love is more powerful. They both have their own place. Masculine love is just much more direct and confrontational. It does what needs to be done and it doesn't go around it. (Divine) feminine love is much more inviting and is the art of subtle persuasion to start walking the path of awakening.

A perfect example of divine masculine love would be Osho. He can be very confrontational and provocative, but if you have some intelligence and sensitivity you see that it is coming from a deeper place of compassion. He does what he oughts to be the best benefit for all. Someone that sets an example for more a feminine type of Divine love would be people like Eckhart Tolle, Adyashanti, Ramana Maharsi, just to name a few.

Edited by Skanzi

I am using a new account named "Nightwise". In in fact intend to stop using this account from now on and use that account instead. So I am not planning on using these two account interchangeably or intermittently. Only "Nightwise" from now on. I am doing so merely because I like the username much more. For some reason, that feels to be important to me. 

9 hours ago, Natasha said:

The energies that destroy and create, give and receive, fight and make peace, etc.Though they may seem opposite to each other, they are also complimentary and can't exist without each other.

Very true, all aspects help with the world to move on and create impermanence and with that impermanence leading to evolution and involution. These energies go full circle to become one another. 

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

I think distinctions and thoughts can be useful when you have a goal or a desire, or when trying to get over suffering.

Feminine vs. Masculine love can be a really helpful duality to use when you're stuck at one extreme, be it masculine, feminine, or balanced. The optimal performance would be achieved by operating from the meta perspective, which is full detachment from the duality as a whole, while at the same time being fully immersed in it, and being able to jump freely between the two ends, using whatever is required at any given situation to achieve the best possible outcomes.

32 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Feminine vs. Masculine love can be a really helpful duality to use when you're stuck at one extreme, be it masculine, feminine, or balanced. The optimal performance would be achieved by operating from the meta perspective, which is full detachment from the duality as a whole, while at the same time being fully immersed in it, and being able to jump freely between the two ends, using whatever is required at any given situation to achieve the best possible outcomes.

Great insight. I noticed I do it all the time to keep balance in my life.

3 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

Very true, all aspects help with the world to move on and create impermanence and with that impermanence leading to evolution and involution. These energies go full circle to become one another. 

This is something I need to contemplate more over. Thanks for the pointer.

3 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

So true. So beautiful!  I find there’s a feminine wisdom accessible ‘behind’ the masculine love, and a masculine wisdom discovered in expressing the feminine love - you relate to that at all? Just wondering. 

@Natasha Sorry to hear about your dog ?. There is a bit deeper sorrow in mourning & oneness, oddly, no? Seems to me loss is felt much more deeply. What was sadness and confusion, now a deep sorrow / joy / knowing, which can invoke a little more in us than the situation alone ordinarily would call for.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

11 hours ago, mandyjw said:

The feminine is passion, inspiration, desire and sensuality.

I think this is why you thought I was a woman. Lol ??♥️

@Natasha

Suffering getting hurt when I see wounded dogs animals so what wisdom knowledge can prevent that suffering ?

Genreally enlightened dont classify or get identified with this masculine feminine classifications.

9 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Natasha Sorry to hear about your dog ?. There is a bit deeper sorrow in mourning & oneness, oddly, no? Seems to me loss is felt much more deeply. What was sadness and confusion, now a deep sorrow / joy / knowing, which can invoke a little more in us than the situation alone ordinarily would call for.

Beautiful contemplation and I totally resonate. Thank you <3

10 hours ago, Natasha said:

I noticed I do it all the time to keep balance in my life.

This very likely indicates that you're left-brained. If so, then you need more room for your right brain.

4 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

This very likely indicates that you're left-brained. If so, then you need more room for your right brain.

I scored in the middle on one of the tests. And lately have been doing more right-brained activities, like art and dancing.

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

I scored in the middle on one of the tests. And lately have been doing more right-brained activities, like art and dancing.

Awesome!

What about right-brained ways of thinking? Like intuition, inspiration, and passion? How much do those things affect your decisions?

I'm very left-brained, so just wondering.

@Natasha ♥️ The most beautiful girl at the dance, is the only one who doesn’t get to experience the most beautiful girl at the dance. Sorry about your luck. ?

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The most beautiful girl at the dance, is the only one who doesn’t get to experience the most beautiful girl at the dance.

That made me remember being a teenager going ice skating on the pond by our house alone when my mother wouldn't let me attend the only dance I ever asked to go to.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Awesome!

What about right-brained ways of thinking? Like intuition, inspiration, and passion? How much do those things affect your decisions?

I'm very left-brained, so just wondering.

I do have good intuition, inspiration, and passion. I can also get very practical when need to be. It's a balancing act and at times the line is very thin and blurry. And when it gets blurry, I tend to be in my feminine energy more.

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Natasha ♥️ The most beautiful girl at the dance, is the only one who doesn’t get to experience the most beautiful girl at the dance. Sorry about your luck. ?

You're too kind <3 I started Zumba class yesterday and taking Swing dancing lessons now too. Abandon in the movement feels so good.

@Nahm Oh no, she's an absolute angel. She just wanted to make sure I stayed one too.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost