Alex bAlex

Humor resources

6 posts in this topic

Hi there. 

I tend to believe that I was a humorous guy till about 6-7 years ago when I developed a mentality that the people who laugh are hiding something or try to find neglect their problems. 

So I put aside all the humor for a while. Sure I was watching a bit of Family Guy but otherwise, I became a "bleak" guy.

Now I want to develop my humour and I am asking for materials to watch or read besides Family Guy. Thank you ♥ 

Some high quality sitcoms:

- The Office (I only saw the US version but I'm pretty sure that the UK one is great as well)

- Hello Ladies (I really-really like the humour in this one. It's pretty much like The Office but it also has some offensive/sexist jokes)

- Arrested Development (Not my cup of tea but it has some great scenes)

- Parks and Recreation

- Brooklyn 99, Modern Family (these are also good but these tend to be a bit silly and not in a good way)

Develop your comedy maturity with:

Watch some Seinfield stand up comedy or the TV show (check the top rated episodes on Imbd)

Watch some classic Woody Allen movies  (zelig, sleeper, radio days)

Watch the movie Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

Edited by oMarcos

Thanks guys. I had first season of Curb your enthusiasm, 3/4 of Dr Strangelove and I have to prepare for The Office. 

Much appreciated 

Impractical Jokers, theres some real authentic humor on that show, saw them live too, they always lift my spirits 

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry