Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hsinav

Any Chemist Here On The Forum?

6 posts in this topic

This is the test results of some 5 meo dmt.

As I understand the purity is about 96%

The question is:

Does this contain Methanol or anything else that could be Toxic?

5meo.pdf

I am not a chemist but it clearly says that Methanol was used as solvent for the TLC analysis not that it was contained in the sample.

It only says that the purity is at least 96% and probably 98.6% because there could be an error of +- 2%.

It does not say what the inpuritys are so it could theoretically be anything. So it could be something toxic. If just as an example Methanol would be contained with 4% it would actually be no problem. Because if you take 30mg 5-meo it would only contain 1.2 mg Methanol and this is not dangerous because you would have to take multiple grams of Methanol for it to be harmful. 

@Michael569 Thanks

41 minutes ago, Calmness said:

I am not a chemist but it clearly says that Methanol was used as solvent for the TLC analysis not that it was contained in the sample.

It only says that the purity is at least 96% and probably 98.6% because there could be an error of +- 2%.

It does not say what the inpuritys are so it could theoretically be anything. So it could be something toxic. If just as an example Methanol would be contained with 4% it would actually be no problem. Because if you take 30mg 5-meo it would only contain 1.2 mg Methanol and this is not dangerous because you would have to take multiple grams of Methanol for it to be harmful. 

Ok thanks, then its probably not in the sample.

A toxic reference dose of Methanol according to USEPA is as low as 0,5 mg/kg of your bodyweight. Your logic with 30 mg of 5 meo still works but multiple grams of Methanol will probably kill you or at least make you blind.

Edited by Hsinav

My Information is that it is only dangerous if it is more than 0,1g/kg but probably lower doses are already harmful. An impurity certainly won't be Methanol because it would evaporate after short time. An impurity would be rather something like lead what is solid at room temperature no liquids like methanol.

2 hours ago, Calmness said:

An impurity would be rather something like lead what is solid at room temperature no liquids like methanol.

Make sense, thanks.