Adam M

J Cole Makes a Stage Yellow Rap Song (with complex social and political views)

11 posts in this topic

J Cole. Makes a stage yellow rap song.

Notice the nuance with which he dissects current political issues. Not blaming any particular group or people but always considering a wide range of perspectives and understanding of social and psyco-logical systems.

J Cole has always been dipping his toes into stage yellow but this particular song is very clear and great example of systemic thinking and is also a great song.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

Listen to this one. 

"See I believe if God is real, he'll never judge a man
Because he knows us all and therefore he would understand
The ignorance that make a nigga take his brother's life
The bitterness and pain that got him beating on his wife"

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@Adam M the last verses were really good. The only revolution is the one that happens inside of you. It was like "Man in the Mirror" except not as uplifting. 

About the stage Yellow though, you can have an insight like that without being anywhere close to yellow. This song isn't an example of systems thinking. That would be like, an order of magnitude deeper, like talking about the interconnectedness of all life on Earth, or a completely "unrelated" system leading to change in another. Stage Yellow is multi-perspectival. J. Cole saw the cyclical nature of power and described how it changes from the 1% to the 99% and back again. One dimension. 

Granted, I don't know anything about J. Cole the person, but I highly doubt he's socially developed beyond orange/green. Some of his views are still held back by racism, and there's an underlying distrust/hate in his writing that would definitely be transcended if he evolved through Green. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

He does not own a car. He also went to University and by spiral dynamics or rather Ken Wilbers teaching alone he should be cognitvely Yellow, which you can see reflected in his words and thinking on the meta level etc.

Id put Logic up there also, although I am not sure if he is just a slave to the entertainment system to a very very small degree.. , yet he connects some dots very well that I just started to realize. So, I dont know yet anyway.

Most of them are very close to taking drugs and substances and sometimes you can listen to them, and know oh I had that insight also on LSD or I had that thought on weed etc.

I would not neccesarily discard the "insights" that they write on paper and deliver.. to others. Of course most of them dont have a spiritual practice I know that Rick Rubin has a spiritual practice as well as Kendrick Lamar mediates 30 minutes from time to time or before recording and stuff.

Green is the first stage which is able to think in systems. Which is implied in Integral Psychology ... but not Systems in System or System in Systems in Systems etc. Which is Yellow and Turqouise.

I never heard anything like that someone talking about the interconnectedness of it all besides The Underachivers in some Green+- relative manner, since they done a lot of psychdelics and in general the whole east coast, beast coast scene thing, has a very rough psychdelic undertone in their music making etc.

7 hours ago, ValiantSalvatore said:

Id put Logic up there also, although I am not sure if he is just a slave to the entertainment system to a very very small degree.. , yet he connects some dots very well that I just started to realize. So, I dont know yet anyway.

Yea I would put Logic well developped also, definitly at least solid green that's for sure

He also did a song about the "the egg" story that's going into non duality

Where would you guys put Kendrick btw ? he also seems really well developped in a lot of ways

I like how he addresses the situation in "Snow on the bluff" as well... 

I'd say he's very green at the very least but there are hints of yellow in his writing. The way he's able to see multiple perspectives and see things from other people's perspectives, like how he sat down and had a conversation with lil pump who was dissing him and how a lot of his songs have personification in them (like ATM). 

Green with hints of yellow. Love him!! V developed

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

I think pac was the original rapper that was all across the  board with spiral dynamics. That's why cole, Kendrick and logic all talk about his influence. Most people kind of envision someone being one tier/stage of spiral dynamics, but he had facets and many of those stages. He could speak to groups across all of them. He introduced me to higher levels of consciousness before I even knew about spiral dynamics. And his book collection: Tibetan book of the dead, bhagavad gita , Kabbalah, etc. Waaaaaaay beyond his years. 

Edited by WisdomSeeker

I love J. Cole!

I’ve tried to psychoanalyse him before ?

My guess would be that his normal cognitive survival mechanisms are between orange and green.

Than maybe in some moments of rest and detachment he reaches into yellow.

It’s the same for me. Making a living, social interactions, entertainment, and all of these big survival fields are hard to crank up to stage yellow. It’s relatively easy to think from that perspective at night making posts on the Actualized forum ?

Realizeyourgrowth.com