Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dlavjr

Thoughts on dating sites/apps?

4 posts in this topic

I'd like to casually meet/talk to women and see where it goes but I work very often and have other hobbies that take priority so I was wondering if something casual like Tinder would be a bad thing. I'm not a fan of the idea of dating apps though I've never seriously used one, just to me it seems so artificial and lazy. Am I better off just making time to go out and meet women or would a dating app be worth it for what I want?

6 hours ago, Dlavjr said:

I'd like to casually meet/talk to women and see where it goes

Thats where these apps shine. You will talk to plenty of women. Without having to face the fear of rejection in the "real world". So its easy peasy. You will get the occasional strange date and women who are only looking for sex.

That's pretty much my intent, I'm not exactly looking for love or anything. My concern lies with whether or not it's damaging for your social ability, like I'd hate to become to comfortable with a dating app because the real world I feel you use far more advanced people skills to pick up women seeing as though you have to approach them and make and hold conversation, whereas an app kinda breaks the ice for you. I'd like to develop some game with women because I'm not all too great with pickup but it's just not a priority, but I'd settle for getting to know some girls just for fun and to keep myself out there. I've tried hitting girls up on social media but I just don't have enough social skills to really get something started 

Another reason for wanting to hop on Tinder is just because my sexual drive has been decreasing over the last few months and my interest in searching for a committed relationship has been fading, which I don't want to screw myself out of finding that kind of joy just because I'm too invested in everything else I'm building for myself. I figured if I at least get back on the scene and maybe flirt with some girls it'll spark that drive back up again. I find myself having a pretty negative attitude towards relationships and I fear I'm starting to put up a mental wall unintentionally.