Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
howdoistopobsessing

Should I follow the paleo or an Ayurvedic diet?

5 posts in this topic

I consulted an Ayurvedic doctor a few months ago and she gave me a diet plan and said I'm too high in air and space, and that my dosha is vata. I don't know if this is true or bs. Another option is paleo, but it involves meat and I'm vegetarian and don't want to contribute to animal suffering so I don't get bad karma, but if it's really necessary, I can switch back to meat to see if it helps.

your ayurvedic 'doctor' is BS. If you want to learn real Ayurveda, read this blog. but be warned, once you start digging into it, you will be very frustrated with the lack of real knowledge available to you

start with the earlier articles (otherwise you will be completely lost) https://trueayurveda.wordpress.com/2012/02/

this also isn't just about Ayurveda, but 'yoga' and even astrology as well. Most posts are very hard to digest, but if you want the real info, then this is where you need to be looking.

I don't know much about Ayurveda but would be curious what "being too high in and air space" means. What issues are you dealing with?

Paleo can be useful for things like weight loss and some autoimmune conditions but generally the heavy protein /acidic nature of this diet makes it quite unsustainable and potentially damaging to kidneys.   

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@Michael569  what you quoted means that I think/(over)analyze/worry/ruminate/philosophize WAY too much. It explain my issues in my recent post "What's the most effective meditation technique?"

17 hours ago, howdoistopobsessing said:

what you quoted means that I think/(over)analyze/worry/ruminate/philosophize WAY too much. It explain my issues in my recent post "What's the most effective meditation technique?"

Perhaps you need to train yourself to let go of all that simply by telling yourself "I am letting this go" every time you catch yourself overanalyzisng. 

Maybe adopting more Yin (soothing) and less Yang (stimulating) diet would help. That means more raw plant foods especially fruits and less animal foods that are stimulating. But since this is not what your practitioner advised first try what you paid for :) Ayurveda is a fascinating healing modality. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus