TheSomeBody

how yoga changed your life?

5 posts in this topic

i want to start doing yoga and i want to have some insperations. if you are doing yoga for one year , please write down the change that is made in your life!

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

3 hours ago, Sahil Pandit said:

@TheSomeBody I feel a lot more comfortable in my body. Better awareness of how chakras work. I also notice how other people have certain energetic blocks that prevent them from expressing themselves. 

+1 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Been doing Kriya for like ~5-6 months and If I'm being honest, I haven't experienced anything out of ordinary yet. I read so much awesome things about it here (e.g. bliss states for after like 2 weeks) so I naively execpted that something similar would happen to me as well. Don't get me wrong, I didn't get into yoga just for that reason. Also, I'm well aware that people who practise Kriya should not compare their progres but sometimes it's hard to resist the temptation.

So, word of advice: Start practising it, give it 100% but don't expect anything. Results will come. (That's what I remind me of when I start to get frustrated with my practise)

some body changes in form and experience of itself through yoga, more body power, better body posture, better flexibility. i would not do kria without training the body alongside, because you then feel an untrained body which doesn`t feel so good, it feels better if the body also does for example sun salutations - good starting point for physical yoga, i`d probably do that minimum half a year before i would start with the advanced stuff. until you step into yoga and understand its bodyspiritual background you will not understand it deeply. it`s the body mind movement where you are aiming at. what do you want to do with energy if it doesn`t move the body? it will only get stuck in the head. same with doing only the asanas without trying to understand what`s behind them, will just change your physical appearence.

Edited by remember