Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Leo How To Surrender All My Personal Needs?

8 posts in this topic

How do i surrender all my personal needs? 

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

How do i surrender all my personal needs? 

@SQAAD First, start with the fear of death. Completely accept your own inevitable death. There is a Buddhist practice of meditating on the visualization of their own future rotting, maggot infested corpse as a way of realizing impermanence. Westerners are terrified of even discussing or considering their own death which is why many westerners would be completely averse to this kind of meditation, without really exploring why. The "love and light" New Age crowd has a tendency to avoid difficult truths so they stay buried creating inner weakness, difficulties and suffering. 

Complete acceptance of death burns away all fears. If one doesnt fear death, what would they fear? If one completely surrenders their own attachment to survival, surrendering ones lesser personal needs is a natural outcome. This is a path that leads to great and rare personal power and strength.

There is nothing wrong with personal desires - it is the unhealthy attachment to them that is the problem. Keep the desires related to love and beauty but maintain detachment. A good book that talks about this is Desire - The Tantric Path to Awakening.

I also think this is critical in making it through the Dark Night of the Soul to emerge on the other side to equanimity.

Edited by Matt8800

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

@SQAAD You don't surrender your personal needs. You surrender the question of how to surrender your personal needs.

@SQAAD this ^

From the teachings, you know you are already free and need not do anything or even surrender.

Just drop the identification with the one who is wanting to surrender... And then drop that identification also.

Personal needs need not be surrendered.

The character cannot see it is imaginary.

IT IS IMAGINARY! The character will always have needs. YOU however need to drop all attachment to those needs 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

I would let go of the fear of having to let go of anything.

Being in the moment totally is the key, or so I'm learning.

I don't know how far along the path I am.

I just went through Leo's no-self meditation, and that was eye-opening.

Do all the practices diligently and slowly you will transcend various personal needs.

Or you can also exhaust them to death. Like, go have so much sex you get sick of it. Or go earn so much money that you stop caring about money.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@SQAAD OK lets help You out. Since You are everything. Or since You are lets say sensations themselves(this is like gigantic pointer) You Can only create personal needs by forgettting THIS

All personal needs(how Can You Need anything when You are everything) stem from main beleif You probably have right now and that is I AM the body and "world" is not me and It's external. 

Good luck. 

If you really care and Love Truth and You are dedicated and have Pure honest intentions, you will get there. It is question of heart not of a mind really. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Or you can also exhaust them to death. Like, go have so much sex you get sick of it. Or go earn so much money that you stop caring about money.

This sounds tempting lol

one day this will all be memories