GreenWoods

How to get $180 000 for my Life Purpose Study

22 posts in this topic

I am 19 and want to do an extremely comprehensive and deep study on my life purpose (bring peace to the world: so I'd study (at home): peacebuilding, conflict management, politics, sociology, spiral dynamics application, non-profit organization management, public speaking,... ). I plan to do this for 10 to 15 years. after that time I might start to earn money. For those 15 years I need about $180 000. I am trying to find the quickest way to get it. I see two ways:

A: work in a normal job. That makes 16000 hours wasted.

B: start an online business. Ways I could see work out:

-dropshipping

-facebook ads 

-Sales

-learning funneling and consult and build campaigns for youtubers 

(But I guess they are difficult to do in an ethical way...)

I think an online business would demand way less time to get the $180 000. Probably 2000-6000 hours??? Therefore I am very inclined to do an online business.

What do you recommend how I get the $180 000? online business? How many hours required for the $180 000? How reliable is it?

(you probably suggest that I try to earn money with my life purpose earlier. But I don't want to do this because 1. I dont want to get active half-baked and 2. I will probably work in a or found my own organization. Such organizations rely on donations (and thus my work too) and I don't want to beg for extra donations for me. The best scenario would be that I get financially independent through my online business that I can then put all the donation money into the organization (or whatever my work will be))

Edited by GreenWoods

Or you can get a loan this week for $180K from the bank. Then you can pay it off (plus interest) over several years through a job or online business. You don’t need to somehow save $180,000 in order to fund your business. There are investors out there looking to invest their money in return for profit, just pay the interest.

There are also donation websites like GoFundMe, where people would donate to a certain cause without anything in return. Not sure how reliable it is but you can try?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@GreenWoods  Ok so lets look at this scenario. You want the most effective/efficient way to make $180,000 for you to study for your life purpose. I assume this is to cover living expenses for that time period. Other than looking for investors, getting a loan or using a donation website (which may or may not work or suit your needs) you can pursue other options. I suggest that you earn via online business (as that seems like the most effective/efficient way to earn that income, (income over time through assets). If that doesn't work (unlikely) you just move on to the next option (consulting, brick and mortar business, stock trading, college/career, etc). Lets look at the priority, what is best

• 1. Earning that money through your life purpose (May be unsustainable right now)
  • 2. Earning that money through online business
  • 3. Earning that money through other methods
  • .....................................................................................
  • 1000000000. Earning that money through a 9-5 job

I think you already know what you have to do. I suggest kindle publishing (easy for beginners) and doing research on what online business is best for you.

@7thLetter @AlphaAbundance Loans could actually be a good idea. So I have time to build the online business. I can build it while pursuing my life purpose and just pay back the money once I got it through an online business. Thank you:)

I'm gonna do more research into the different online businesses to find what suits best

@GreenWoods I will save you the trouble and tell you, by far the easiest way to get rich today is dropshipping with Facebook ads. Within a year you could be doing well over 20-50k a month if you study it well. I highly recommend Gabriel St-Germain and that you buy his course if you give it a shot.  

What the heck? How do you know what to study if you have never worked in a peace-building organization?

Why would anyone waste years on building an eCommerce business instead of making connections and learning skills directly applicable to the issues they care about? Just stop spinning nonsense and get that job.

Try to get hired right now or go volunteer. Find a mentor, someone who could guide you and help you choose the best path. You need to learn how to work in a multinational environment and many other skills, that won't happen by you sitting at home creating Google Ads. Don't postpone acting on your life purpose.

What you need is to stop being fearful, not $180 000.

No-one is stopping you from starting your own organization later in life. Now go figure out how to make yourself useful to the world doing the work you love, not selling some widgets on Amazon.

@GreenWoods You want $180,000 so you can spend 10 years studying your life purpose? I'm not quite clear on what your plan is. This whole thing seems quite ridiculous to me. You don't need any money to start working on your LP. You can start working on your life purpose tomorrow, even if you have a full-time job. Waiting until you have 180k is just a massive distraction from getting down to work now. Your main focus should be to create a plan/vision that provides massive massive value.

Love yourself to death.

Search an organisation which is already embodying your LP and volunteer for them for a few months. First, you should see how it is in the real world not from home.

As you probably know the first order of operations is integrating your life purpose and income. If this doesnt seem practical to you currently then work on your life purpose while making income. It seems as if you should never stop working on your life purpose to focus completely on making money,

Edited by AlphaAbundance

47 minutes ago, Girzo said:

What the heck? How do you know what to study if you have never worked in a peace-building organization?

Why would anyone waste years on building an eCommerce business instead of making connections and learning skills directly applicable to the issues they care about? Just stop spinning nonsense and get that job.

Try to get hired right now or go volunteer. Find a mentor, someone who could guide you and help you choose the best path. You need to learn how to work in a multinational environment and many other skills, that won't happen by you sitting at home creating Google Ads. Don't postpone acting on your life purpose.

What you need is to stop being fearful, not $180 000.

No-one is stopping you from starting your own organization later in life. Now go figure out how to make yourself useful to the world doing the work you love, not selling some widgets on Amazon.

@GreenWoods^^^This aswell. Although there is some practicality in making money on the side while you work on your life purpose.

Edited by AlphaAbundance

You guys are right. I have been assigning way too much importance to theory. It really would be nonsense just studying it for 10-15 years without any practical application (and even build an online business just to finance the 15 years study). 

My new plan is to reduce the 10-15 years to 1 year (for now), while at the same time trying to volunteer at a non-profit /NGO (but it could be difficult to do with my current money situation, because in my area I haven't found one yet and it might be hard to cover expenses for me to travel to one and pay for rent to live there for a while). Then I will probably study non-profit management at a university (no tuition fees and all living costs covered through scholarships) and afterwards get hired at a peacebuilding non-profit while keeping learning on peacebuilding in my free time. 

I was really going to execute on my ridiculous plans, thanks for waking me upxD

I would not worry about specific numbers. You're likely going to have to run a stage orange business to start to get the hang of it. That's not to say you can't evolve a business. You really don't need to reinvent the wheel. If you see someone making a lot of money you can do what they do. But I will be honest with you if you aren't excited about what you're doing, or passionate it isn't going to last long. 

Quick money usually involves crime in my experience. There is a nice balance to getting "rich" slowly and liking what you do. I'd like to take a sizable amount of my future wealth to form a charity that I visualized as well. 

If you are just trying to make as much money as possible, then you're going to have a rough time with anything you try. To get results you are going to have to have a long term vision that will make you money. You can make any passion profitable if you put in the right time and work. There are plenty  of normal working people making big bucks too. You have to be willing to put in the sacrifices to make it happen. 

That and dedication with the money. Most people I know will just blow a big sum of money they might receive on just garbage. Invest in what is making you money. And you will have to for quite awhile to get the wheel turning well. 

If you have no money to start this business now, then consider working a job too while doing the business. I have worked at burger king and had a crappy job at a oil place. I haven't worked for someone else in two years since I got fired. I invested all of that money at the oil place. Didn't spend a dime on garbage or anything besides invest it. I hate working for people. It's not for me. I hate preparing garbage food and numbing my brain with various menu items. But I would do anything to get myself in a position where I don't have to deal with a boss. If you're serious about it you will figure it out. 

7 hours ago, Average Investor said:

@GreenWoods Hope it helped. I wish you the best of luck on your adventure. 

You mentioned some valuable points:) Good luck for your charity!

You could consider an internship for a government or on organisation that does what you are looking for, such as ministry of foreign affairs, UN, NATO, and other. Internships do not often require a lot of experience however it will probably be unpaid. After that, you will often be eligible for a full time job. Once you start earning money you can use that money to start funding your education and obtaining knowledge. 

If your job is in line with what you are interested in, it would not be a time wasted but every hour will count towards building up your portfolio and skillset. If it means doing a 6 month unpaid internship for a governmental organisation, then so be it. 

You need to tailor a good CV and a motivating covering letter that will demonstrate your drive. You can pinpoint global problems that you see and offer some minor steps you would like to undertake in your career. Make it punchy but not too self-glorifying. 

Polish up your linkedin really well with professional picture and structured e-CV. Linkedin is a powerful tool, you can pay for the "job-seeker" function to gain a bit of an advantage and see additional info. 

1 hour ago, Michael569 said:

Internships do not often require a lot of experience however it will probably be unpaid.

@GreenWoods is from Germany, so he can apply for an internship through the European Solidarity Corps (previously called EVS, some organizations still use that name).

You can take one 2-week volunteer project and then one 6 months long. It takes some time to find a place where you would really like to volunteer, but it's worth it. You will get paid for accommodation and will be given some small allowance.

If you can get a business plan done, you can find an angel investor or a few.

You can find services for way less than the typical $2500 asking price for doing a business plan.

What most people don't realize is that earning $180k is not much easier than earning $5 million.

To even create a business that sustainably earns $20k per year is not easy, and it will involve as much work as a business that earns a lot more. The money is the not main factor.

You can't make a baby is 3 months just by wanting a small baby. There is a certain minimum that goes into building any sustainable brand. And it usually takes years at least.

Chasing after schemes to make cash is not a good idea. If you're serious about making money you need to start a serious business. For that you should plan to invest 3-5 years of your life, full-time, at least.

"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi