DivineSoda

Alternative/Natural Health Courses/Certifications?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone here have experience with quality educational courses on natural/alternative health? I've developed an interest and understanding in natural health, which includes nutrition, supplementation, alternative therapies, etc.. and I even attended a 10 week training course at Hippocrates Health Institute a couple years ago. But I would like to go deeper in my knowledge. 

My goal is to deepen my knowledge as I continue working in the vitamin/supplement department of a natural health food store. I can then work this knowledge into my side project where I create content to help others improve their health. I don't know if this is exactly my true path, but I would like to go further in order to find out. 

I have a feeling I should just be reading more books on the subject, but I just haven't lately as my reading time has been spent on other books. Do you feel like more reading and self-study is the best course of action, or is it reasonable at this stage to at least consider some online courses? If so, any recommendations? 

Thanks in advance for your help! 

I do think that reading and self-study are the best courses of action in your case. Taking on a multiple month project before reading a few books is putting the cart before the horse. I became a chiropractor without considering whether or not I loved the work first. Fail fast. Having said that, I'm a big fan of the functional medicine movement. Some literature I can recommend includes:

The Longevity Diet by Valter Longo

The Neurogenesis Diet and Lifestyle by Brant Cortright

The Disease Delusion by Jeffrey Bland

The Autoimmune Fix by Tom O'Bryan

I think Naturopathy is an amazing blend of the traditional and herbal medicine with the modern evidence-based medicine and nutritional science. 

Functional Medicine is also pretty neat. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@DivineSoda i share your interests. do you have a recourse for the 10 week course you did? and how it went for you and how much it did cost?

Thanks

Maybe you’d be interested in Chek Institute for holistic health and wellness courses and certifications.   

He has tons of courses and goes deeper than the surface. 

Even has a course on how to use marijuana in a conscious way that supports growth and development.