Mezanti

Lsd for the first time, advice?

15 posts in this topic

So i really want to discover teotle, and what leo is talking about, i got some lsd tabs from a friend, 400 ug, i will be taking around 25 ug forst dose then build up to 50-60 ug within a week or 2 weeks. 
please share thoughts, does lsd cause psychosis, what should i do when i start to experience ego death?

Well, I haven't taken LSD, but I have taken DMT a number of times, including its variant, ayahuasca.

I preferred ayahuasca because it was more gentle and lasted longer.

It took my mind along for the ride. It wasn't just visuals. There was a strong mental pull to it as well.

I didn't experience ego death or even come close to it on DMT.

They say DMT is like the deep end, although 5-meo-DMT I think is stronger, and more of an ego killer.

Psychosis isn't really something to be afraid of. I touched on it while doing telepathy with another being.

It knocked me out and when I came to, I was back to normal. This happened probably 30 times in a month, getting knocked out.

I wouldn't expect psychosis or ego death, but I haven't taken LSD as I said. And if they come, I would surrender to the experience.

Freaking out always makes things worse. You will remember that you've taken the LSD. It's not like datura where you forget

you've even taken anything, as Leo has said.

I loved ayahuasca. It was like I found solace in insanity.

LSD feels electric and strange and odd. If you are in a good mood it will be great or with friends. Loads of creative thoughts. Merging of all 5 senses. You can see sounds, for example. Physical reality morphs and changes in high doses. 

In my opinion, it is best to test out the waters, with half a tab or 1 tab rather than going into a high dose. If you have done DMT then should be no issue for you. But I'm guessing it is probably different. Like LSD is definitely different from shrooms, which went against my expectations.

8 hours ago, Vasiles Stefanis said:

Like LSD is definitely different from shrooms, which went against my expectations.

Can you explain what differences surprised you?

@Mezanti 25ug is basically a microdose, so you're not going to get anything except subtle sensory enhancement and mood lift. Which can be a great experience in it's own right.

If you want a light *trip*, 100-150ug is the perfect starter dose to really see what this is about. Imo, 60ug isn't really worth your time. And if you're insanely nervous about 100ug, don't be. You're not going to die, it's a very pleasant experience. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Prepare yourself all you can! There are some great resources on this forum :

https://www.actualized.org/articles/how-to-use-psychedelics-for-personal-development

Lots of trip reports etc..

With that said, be safe start low, 25 ug is not a micro-dose, most likely you will perceive some effects. You can always build yourself up to higher doses but if you start to strong you may  an overwhelming experience and get really scared, psychedelics are to be respected.

I really like LSD, you can do some serious work with it. It may generate vasoconstriction, sometimes I get some pain on the articulations and muscles, I have relieved this taking magnesium before the LSD, or doing some hatha yoga if it is to intense. I also drink ginger tea at the beginning of the trip, which helps me in case i get nausea feelings. Drink lots of water, be safe, have fun and let us know how was it!

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

Yeah, 25ug is not a microdose. 

But it's not comparable with a full dose (125ug). It's not like 5 times stronger. It's completely different. So, yeah, try 25ug but then I suggest to find a trip sitter and have a full dose. Don't forget to have a good environment (good music, clean apartment, a lot of food (specially blueberries), water) and good to go. Good luck. 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Mezanti then you didn't take LSD. You were sold bunk

Sent from my iEgo

18 hours ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Mezanti then you didn't take LSD. You were sold bunk

Not necessarily true, it's normal to not feel it the first time. 

8 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Not necessarily true, it's normal to not feel it the first time. 

Never heard that one before lol.

Sent from my iEgo

On 9/7/2019 at 8:11 AM, Mezanti said:

So i really want to discover teotle, and what leo is talking about, i got some lsd tabs from a friend, 400 ug, i will be taking around 25 ug forst dose then build up to 50-60 ug within a week or 2 weeks. 
please share thoughts, does lsd cause psychosis, what should i do when i start to experience ego death?

The dosage advice people are giving you is accurate; if you've taken a lot of psychedelics 25ug is almost a full fledged trip, but if you've new to it it will be extremely mild and possibly unnoticeable. That doesn't mean it'a a bad idea for you to start out at 25ug tho, there's nothing wrong with that at all. Just be prepared to be possibly underwhelmed. If you're feeling tentative, it's a great dose to start at and work up from. 100ug is the kind of standard intro dose, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with starting smaller and working your way up; I encourage it.

Can LSD cause psychosis? That's hard to give a simple answer to, but it can happen to make a long story short. Some people who are a bit unstable and take way too much acid, and/or are in a non-ideal (mind)set and setting can go into a temporary psychotic/panic state. It's more of a risk with younger people. Are you concerned with this? How old are you? Personally, I've taken LSD probably 50-100 times in my life and never had anything like a psychosis. I've been around hundreds, thousands of other trippers and have seen it first hand a few times, and heard a few more anecdotes of people going into psychosis. On the whole it's uncommon, and is avoidable by taking the following precautions:

• don't take it when you're too young
  • have a very good set and setting
  • don't combine it with other drugs - no booze, no alcohol
  • know your source, know your dose, know yourself

On average, LSD leads to higher degrees of mental health, but there are exceptions.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.