phoenix666

Reiki: anyone experience with that? what are your thoughts?

17 posts in this topic

I've decided to do the first Reiki initiation and I'm very excited about it. 

I researched a bit and was quite surprised to see so many parallels to the yogic system. Prana, Chi, Shakti.. it all seems to be ONE. they talk about nadis and chakras as well in Reiki. as a Kriyaban I got immediately excited.

so does anyone have experience with Reiki? anyone initiated here?

I'm curious to read about your opinions and thoughts about Reiki :x

whatever arises, love that

You are not one practising Reiki. Reiki is practising You. 

Quite Cool, quite romantic. 

Zen Promisses awakening and it delivers. But this is different Ball game. Self healing that's what Reiki is. 

Oh and there is no dharma talks that's big plus. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

23 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

You are not one practising Reiki. Reiki is practising You.

oh, got it. I like that:x

24 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Self healing that's what Reiki is

sounds promising. we need to heal ourselves first, in order to heal others.

Reiki made me sensitive to energy, so I could feel it.

I can direct energy to flow in whichever way, and I feel it flow.

Though when a friend attuned me to a different modality than Reiki, it awakened my Kundalini

and brought bliss. I never really had bliss with Reiki itself. Though it was relaxing.

There is one other modality called Quantum Touch that made my hands and arms feel

like an electric live wire. Very powerful. They say this method can shift bones fluidly.

I'm practicing Tibetan Reiki. I don't do any other type of energy work so I can't compare it with other practices. But this one seems to work consistently :)

Reiki has being a technique which has helped me to heal my body and open the heart chakra. You can also meditate while doing reiki on yourself or others. 

Put your intentions straight for what you want of this practice, and go for it - it will give you what you seek! 

:x

''Firmness in Love" 

On 07. September 2019 at 11:36 AM, IndigoGeminiWolf said:

Reiki made me sensitive to energy, so I could feel it.

I can direct energy to flow in whichever way, and I feel it flow.

Though when a friend attuned me to a different modality than Reiki, it awakened my Kundalini

and brought bliss. I never really had bliss with Reiki itself. Though it was relaxing.

There is one other modality called Quantum Touch that made my hands and arms feel

like an electric live wire. Very powerful. They say this method can shift bones fluidly.

wow, fascinating stuff right there, thank you very much for sharing your experience! I'd like to become sensitive to energy too .. that's actually the reason I started researching into Reiki. I hope it works out for me too :x

do you use the energy flow for yourself and others? 

On 07. September 2019 at 0:16 PM, Barna said:

I'm practicing Tibetan Reiki. I don't do any other type of energy work so I can't compare it with other practices. But this one seems to work consistently :)

yeah, my father (who is one of the most 'unspiritual' people I know) got a Reiki initiation like 30 years ago. he almost never uses it. but some days ago I asked him to show me the energy/warmth. I could definitely feel it coming from his hands. this convinced me.. if it works on him, it must be very consistent ;)

On 07. September 2019 at 4:35 PM, Dizzy said:

Reiki has being a technique which has helped me to heal my body and open the heart chakra. You can also meditate while doing reiki on yourself or others. 

Put your intentions straight for what you want of this practice, and go for it - it will give you what you seek! 

:x

wow, sounds wonderful. exactly what I was looking for.. healing myself and others, opening chakras. I hope I can integrate it into my meditation and/or kriya practice. thanks for sharing, Dizzy, I will definitely try :x

thank you all for your inputs, guys! I'll get the initiation next month, I'm already pretty excited and I can't wait. I'll probably share my experience here on the forum :x

7 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

do you use the energy flow for yourself and others? 

Well, I allow blessings to flow through me more than using Reiki. Either case it's not my own energy so it can flow forever as long as I maintain focus. I got attuned to Reiki more for myself. Rather than a healer, I'm more into sending blessings.

We all do Reiki naturally, you don't need to train or practice for it. You just need to remember when you were very young and you hurt yourself and how you or your mother would cover the wound with your or her hand and the pain would stop and heal quicker than usual. You may not be aware but your mother was unconsciously through unconditional love doing Reiki on you.

Remember we are all energy, the more imaginative and creative you can be, the better energy works.

B R E A T H E

7 hours ago, Nahm said:

I’d recommend at least doing 1 & 2. The really wild stuff was in 2. Excited for ya man! 

yeah, if 1 works well for me, I will probably do 2 too in the future! (have to save some money first ;)) thanks Nahm:x wild stuff? now you got me curious xD

3 hours ago, pluto said:

We all do Reiki naturally, you don't need to train or practice for it. You just need to remember when you were very young and you hurt yourself and how you or your mother would cover the wound with your or her hand and the pain would stop and heal quicker than usual. You may not be aware but your mother was unconsciously through unconditional love doing Reiki on you.

Remember we are all energy, the more imaginative and creative you can be, the better energy works.

Is till do that intuitively when I hurt myself, actually. you're right! I just hope I can feel that energy and flow more easily with the initiation and practice:x

5 hours ago, IndigoGeminiWolf said:

Well, I allow blessings to flow through me more than using Reiki. Either case it's not my own energy so it can flow forever as long as I maintain focus. I got attuned to Reiki more for myself. Rather than a healer, I'm more into sending blessings.

do you consciously formulate those blessings in your mind and then visualize them flowing through you? 

@phoenix666 No, I don't formulate anything. I just intend that a blessing flow, and it does. It flows anywhere from 5 mins to 30 mins or even an hour for certain things. I don't visualize them flowing through me. It's more feeling the energy than seeing it. I just allow it to go until it thins out and stops sending. Sometimes I send specific blessings such as for good fortune or protection. But usually, I leave it to what the person/target needs.

I get blessings in return usually, such as it working on my chakras. If I send out love, I feel love.

Edited by IndigoGeminiWolf

I've been interested in Reiki also. Would be really cool to hear some of your stories who have some experience with it. Also how it feels and does it actually heal?

Mahadev

@IndigoGeminiWolf thanks for explaining, quite fascinating:x

@inFlow I'm so curious and excited too! specially about the whole getting attuned to energy flow thing and the healing effects.. I'll probably share my experience as soon as I have the chance to :)