Identity

Spiral dynamics; Mastering a stage vs. Getting stuck in a stage

10 posts in this topic

This is somewhat confusing to me. When are you mastering a spiral dynamics stage in a healthy way, and when are you digging yourself into one stage and getting yourself stuck?

The main critisism for example I heard from Leo about JP is that he makes people get stuck in blue/orange.

How are some teachings more healthy in this sense than others?

Is it about critisism of the next stages?

Is it about rigidness/ideology of the belief system?

What makes the difference here?

Edited by Identity

Realizeyourgrowth.com

I don’t think the spiral dynamics stage should be looked at as what you directly master

its just a rough characterization of development and values

my username makes me sound like a hypocrite lol

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Lol

I dont really agree. I think every stage has lessons in it and the stages build on eachother. You need the ethics and order and collective to support the personal success from orange etc.

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Teachings are more healthy when they don't demonize other stages, especially the higher stages which most peoole have yet to reach.

So, for example, to be vocal about the dangers of stage Green right now is problematic because most people are still clinging to stage Blue and Orange. People need to be show the value and beauty of Green. People need to be lead to Green and beyond.

Healthy teachings are those which lead folks to higher stages without demonizing other stages.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think that it is only possible to get stuck at any particular stage if you are relying too much on your immediate environment to grow you. Getting stuck simply means that you are using something that causes your problems to solve them. There is only so much suffering you can stomach before you self reflect and step out of your comfort zone.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Identity Nope, it's not love, it's ignorance. 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Love of maintaining your current ego-structure. And love of being ignorant :) It is love! Just a contracted form of it. Love of the self!

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Teachings are more healthy when they don't demonize other stages, especially the higher stages which most peoole have yet to reach.

So, for example, to be vocal about the dangers of stage Green right now is problematic because most people are still clinging to stage Blue and Orange. People need to be show the value and beauty of Green. People need to be lead to Green and beyond.

Healthy teachings are those which lead folks to higher stages without demonizing other stages.

While this is true, some extreme versions of Green create a strong resistance and repulsion to below stages. So it's best to subtly integrate and talk about green from a perspective that's still viable and acceptable to orange. 

11 hours ago, Identity said:

Lol

I dont really agree. I think every stage has lessons in it and the stages build on eachother. You need the ethics and order and collective to support the personal success from orange etc.

I interpreted your original question wrong, now I have a better idea of what you were asking

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry