happysad

How do you stay motivated in seeking Truth

14 posts in this topic

Hey actualizers, this is my first post and just kinda felt like venting a little something. So Ive been sort of on and off the path. I used to Meditate everyday for about 2 years and was experimenting with mushrooms for a few months during this time. I was part of a discord that should not be named, and I was serious about seeking truth!... I used to care so much, but that light inside of me started to fade. Simply put I gave up. Although I say I stopped seeking there's still something in me that wants to break through this illusion. Any time I'm in nature I still feel that connection. Im just trying to accept my reality but this shit is hard. Anyways, how do you all stay motivated in seeking the Truth and advancing up the spiral?

Edited by happysad

I have been off and on for 10+ years. I just let myself go in the cycles. I find what I'm passionate about, and

focus my spiritual work on that. What I really love keeps me motivated, so I use that to build myself spiritually.

I have started seeking the Truth only in the last 3-4 days. So I still have the fire. I will just consider that

I learn little truths each day. I am finding out more about myself, and working toward one of my ultimate goals.

That goal keeps me motivated.

Thank you for the reply : ). So doing things you Love keeps you motivated. I like that. 
Seeking Truth for Truths sake I guess is what Leo would probably say.

If you want something you don't need to do anything to stay motivated you just want it. So if it's not your interest at the moment don't force yourself do what u actually want.

I know deep down its what I’ve been looking for my entire life, and nothing interests me more

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Fair enough wavydude, But Its not that I don't want it. I absolute do want it, If I could be fully enlightened right now I would deff accept that. Im just all around not very motivated in trying at anything for that matter. Gosh that sounds emo of me but It is how I feel. I was motivated before and I lost that. Im just trying to find that same feeling again. 

2 hours ago, happysad said:

Hey actualizers, this is my first post and just kinda felt like venting a little something. So Ive been sort of on and off the path. I used to Meditate everyday for about 2 years and was experimenting with mushrooms for a few months during this time. I was part of a discord that should not be named, and I was serious about seeking truth!... I used to care so much, but that light inside of me started to fade. Simply put I gave up. Although I say I stopped seeking there's still something in me that wants to break through this illusion. Any time I'm in nature I still feel that connection. Im just trying to accept my reality but this shit is hard. Anyways, how do you all stay motivated in seeking the Truth and advancing up the spiral?

Your story resonates with Unalome for me. It's the same with me and maybe for the most too.

Unalome-buddhist-tattoo-sketch-w636-h600

The spiral represents symbolizes for me of the expansion of consciousness from infancy.

The lines after the spiral is how we keep bouncing from one end to the other like ego centric to caring about others and back to ego centric and again about others, just like evolving up the spiral dynamic ladder but it's a spiral ladder :P .

The more we know the less we need and what we ultimately need is the breath, the present moment which for me is the straight line.

The fact that you are back and asking the question is sufficient motivation to stay on this path. Cheers for that, can totally relate as I have been there and done that :)

Contemplating your journey with the truth in reference can aid you in further motivation IMHO.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

@happysad Work on aligning yourself with Truth.  Believe it or not one can do this without doing direct spiritual techniques.  

You are God in a finite form.  But start being True to this finite form you are in.

Demonstrate honesty,  love and selflessness in your life.  Take good care of this form you are in - get your nutrition in order, hit the gym.  In other words begin purifying yourself of your defilements.  Cleanup unhealthy addictions, etc etc.   Aligning with Truth will improve your life in so many ways.

Then - when the time is right for you, add the spiritial practices and it will all come together for you.  Afterall, you are God - you just don't know it directly yet :) 

But you have an eternity to find out.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@happysad You lack motivation because you don't really want to know. Being honest with yourself is important here. Wanting to know in part comes from having mystical experiences because they break you out of your normal day to day consciousness. Without this you're stuck in survival mode. You've also got to have a certain inherent desire to understand reality, beyond merely being interested in spirituality and occasionally thinking about it now and then. And this is difficult to develop. As I said, some people are just inherently deeply curious about all of this. 

You need to have some deep mystical experiences (a.k.a psychedelics) so you have an actual vision of whats possible.  Not so that you end up chasing or craving for those experiences, but so that you have a sense of where the practises can lead. Otherwise your really just shooting in the dark.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Thank you all for the replies and taking your time to help me. @Inliytened1Im working on being more honest with myself. Im slowly cutting out toxic things in my life and I do feel myself being pulled back to this path. Thank you. @SpaceI have had some profound experienced on Mushrooms. Ive had 2 breakthrough doses and was absolutely in a non dual state. I haven't touched any psychedelics since (this was about 2 years ago) Honestly kinda of scared to. I enjoy being sober right now and dealing with life as is, but I guess being honest with myself is key here so I'm trying my best on doing that. I get pulled back into these states sometimes when I witness beautiful things that bring me to tears. @Pacific Sage I really like this Image, resonates so well with me and Im in that loop of the spiral right now trying to work my way up : ) really nice symbol. Thanks again 

I didn't think of this before but work toward smaller goals than Truth along the way. This will keep you motivated.

On the Secret, Jack Canfield (who wrote Chicken Soup for the Soul) said you don't have to see the whole highway when you're driving a car at night. Your headlights only go 100 feet or so. If you trust the next 100 feet will unfold as you come to it, and the next 100 feet after that, you can make it 1000's of miles that way to your destination.

Same situation here bro' it's been 2 years and now I am losing the intensity and I barely do self enquiry.. but nevertheless I keep doing mantra meditation everyday 24 hours ...

What are you doing with your time?

Sailing on the ceiling