Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Petals

head tilt sensation in meditation

8 posts in this topic

I am working with a quite powerful brainwave entrainment program. After some minutes I feel my head tilting to the right sight in the direction of my shoulder although in reality my head stays straight.

I want to ask whether anyone of you has had the same sensation in your meditation practice. Do you know what is going on or what the explanation behind it is?

Edited by Petals

From my experiences, when one's senses start to tilt, what happens next is a shift in awareness. Or like a slight out of body experience. Don't get freaked out by it, just go along with it. Stay with the sensation and see if you can tilt a little more.

I got nothing.

@Swagala thank you for the reply. I don't think that I have any control over it in order to increase it, I just try to not resist it. what do you mean by 'senses tilting'?

Edited by Petals

@Petals It's like the feeling of your head or brain starts to slowly spin diagonally, in my case I usually feel it tilt to the left. It also feels like your head is peeling off from your body, if you can imagine that lol.

Of course, we may be experiencing and talking about completely different things. Sorry, if I'm interpreting it wrong.

I got nothing.

@Swagala we're probably talking about different things. interesting nonetheless.

no, can't imagine that.:D

Yeah ive had that happen several times, its pretty nice feeling.  It's pretty much just letting go completely and just existing, and I think maybe it feels like your leaning when you aren't, because you're normally embodied in some sort of way that is probably pretend and that is actually off balance to the side, but really I'm not sure.  The title here really got me because of had that exact thing happen and never heard it mentioned before.  Can't say much about its significance other than its definetly at a time of feeling not synonymous with the body.

14 hours ago, Petals said:

I want to ask whether anyone of you has had the same sensation in your meditation practice.

@Petals That's perfectly normal and can get a lot deeper than that.  Ever park a car in a parking lot and forgot where you parked it? The same can happen with the body during deep meditation. All this is a good sign. Your letting go of the mind which is fixed on the body's physical location/orientation.

@Mulky thanks for reporting your experience. I would also describe it as a pleasant feeling, although it's of course quite surprising the first time. 

@cetus56 Thanks. I will see if it gets deeper with time and what happens then.