Should Food Have Warning Labels?

17 posts in this topic

Contains high amounts of sugar

Contains high amounts of salt

Gmo-product

Contains high amounts of corn

Contains sweeteners

Contains saturated fats

Overconsumption of Coffee may lead to restlessness, anxiety and tachyrdia, drink responsibly

May contain mercury

May contain microplastics 

Contains high amounts of pesticide

This would be a more conscious way of looking at food I think, food-companies would have a hard time being as corrupt as they are. 

What do you think?

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

They work on doing the contrary.

'less fat'

'sugar free' - // aswell named 'cancer aspartam instead' )

You mean radical honesty.

I Guess never

14 minutes ago, Aeris said:

They work on doing the contrary.

'less fat'

'sugar free' - // aswell named 'cancer aspartam instead' )

You mean radical honesty.

I Guess never

Haha yes, thats so funny isnt it, ”NO SUGAR, (might contain other horrible shit though)” 

I believe in the next 15 years atleast some food will have warning labels, like Coca-Cola etc. I mean its so obviously bad that most people wouldnt exactly balk if they put a label on it. 

13 minutes ago, Fortunate Son said:

I agree. Like when they decided to put warning labels on tobacco. But I'm afraid that the food industry is so corrupted that it would require 10 times more time and effort.

Yeah, alot of effort but not impossible! 

Edited by Rilles

whats wrong with salt and saturated fats? - that properly the only good things in the package! 

1 minute ago, Johnny said:

whats wrong with salt and saturated fats? - that properly the only good things in the package! 

Salt is a nutrient we need obviously but excess salt is not good for your health, Google it. What ”excess” means is for the government to find out when they put the label on it. Saturated fats... Google... is your friend. 

17 hours ago, Johnny said:

the government :) OK -  right..

you think the food companies are gonna put warning labels on it??! OK - right... 

;) 

food! - not industrial waste - my food comes from my garden and the local farms - something in a box in a supermarket may be editable, but never food

51 minutes ago, Johnny said:

food! - not industrial waste - my food comes from my garden and the local farms - something in a box in a supermarket may be editable, but never food

ah... i see... but i dont have a garden :[ what about the plebs who have to buy  in the grocery stores... we need poison free grub! 

@Rilles most of the ones you suggested, it already has. 

Mercury and microplastics would be awesome but testing for that would mean testing each individual unit such as no 2 tunas will have same amount of mercury or microplastics. We can only get average values from samples that have been studied in a lab. It is an extremely lenghtening process. 

It would however be helpful to push for advertisment such as "This fish may contain traces of mercury which have been shown to damage central nervous system" Also we should be completely banning all non-BPA plastic bottles, I suspect a lot of female reproductive issues are behind that. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 hours ago, Michael569 said:

@Rilles most of the ones you suggested, it already has. 

What do you mean by this? Theres food with warning labels?

Mercury and microplastics would be awesome but testing for that would mean testing each individual unit such as no 2 tunas will have same amount of mercury or microplastics. We can only get average values from samples that have been studied in a lab. It is an extremely lenghtening process. 

It would however be helpful to push for advertisment such as "This fish may contain traces of mercury which have been shown to damage central nervous system" Also we should be completely banning all non-BPA plastic bottles, I suspect a lot of female reproductive issues are behind that. 

Yeah thats what I meant, if we know for example that a certain part of the ocean has alot of plastic or mercury we could put a label there just to be sure, like how bread sometimes says ”May contain traces of peanut” 

Oh that BPA thing sounds interesting, gonna study that.

non BPA is BS -  there are so many other Bisphenol and they are all poison - glass is great - silicone normally OK   

37 minutes ago, Johnny said:

non BPA is BS -  there are so many other Bisphenol and they are all poison - glass is great - silicone normally OK

that doesn't change the fact that excessive BPA indulgence fucks up with your endocrine secretions by docking on Oestrogen receptors most of all. 

Agreed Bisphenol-A is only one of a large category of contaminants. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

yes BPA is bad - but BPA-free does NOT equal good - BPS is just as bad and so on - the label you are looking for is "Bisphenol  and Phthalate free"  

That's a great idea! I doubt food companies will share my feelings about it thought. 

Sailing on the ceiling