CreamCat

Which IQ test is accurate?

5 posts in this topic

I took a free online IQ test, but it was hard to trust it.

Do you know any accurate IQ test? The cheaper it is, the better.

If you want an accurate, standardized test then it won't be free. The MAT exam used for some graduate schools is a widely accepted and legitimate standardized way to test for IQ, but it is around 100 USD and only available in select locations.

4 hours ago, Missy in Japan said:

If you want an accurate, standardized test then it won't be free. The MAT exam used for some graduate schools is a widely accepted and legitimate standardized way to test for IQ, but it is around 100 USD and only available in select locations.

It's expensive and only available in select locations? It's no good to me, then.

4 hours ago, Shiva said:

Why do you want to test your IQ?

If the result is too low, it will only frustrate you and limit your potential.

If it's too high, it'll make you arrogant.

IMO these tests do no good.

I want to test IQ to increase self-awareness.

• IQ is not a fixed score. Since it tests your brain's function,
    it is affected by nutrition, sleep, exercise, etc, ...
    • If you are deprived of sleep, your IQ is going to be measured low.
    • For a person whose personal development is shitty,
      I guess good personal development can increase IQ by up to 30.
    • Taking a shower increases my IQ.
    • My IQ fluctuates a lot within a day. During my biological prime time, my IQ is higher.
    • My IQ can be anywhere between 80 and 130, depending on time of day, my level of personal development, etc, ...
  • People of low IQ can do anything that people of high IQ can unless their IQ is very low.
    It just takes more time for people of low IQ to process information.

You need more of self-acceptance, imperturbability, and stoic awareness in case of low IQ. You need more of beginner's mindset in case of high IQ.

I want a device that tracks my IQ at each minute of a day.

Edited by CreamCat

Why not just use the intelligence you already have. The problem is if you have 240 in IQ you wont be happy, you would want 250 then 260 and then youre stuck in your ego-loop. Notice the intelligence outside of your mind instead, notice your body, nature, society, psychology, thats real intelligence, the other stuff is just you trying to build a ”smart” identity. Do you think Einstein or Tesla cared about how smart they were? No. They had a rock solid purpose and they wouldve done it even if they were shortbus kids. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@CreamCat iq is very much about the way you use your brain, through my personal experience ive found out that different values in people dictate how they use their brain, people that are fearful for example result to heavy usage of the amygdala, whilst someone who values connection and relating with others has more activity in their supramarginal gyrus, whilst someone who values professionalism, strategy, logical thinking, tends to use the prefrontal cortex.

iq is a measure of ones ability to focus and recognize relationships between objects. People that value those things not superficially but deeply will use their brain in a different way, to suit their values.

how ever, there are people with larger brains, and people with smaller brains, different brain structures, people naturally tend to gravitate to certain brain behavior, And its a challenge to steer someone away from their natural tendencies, so thats why there is the conception that iq is set in stone.