Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ketrumi

I am worried of my Dad

4 posts in this topic

My dad got fired from an office job.

He worked there for around 25 or more years.

He is obviously looking for a new job, but I feel unstable as well, when I see him stressed out.

Last week he mentioned, that his friend, that got fired from a similar job killed himself, because he didn't know what to do next.

I don' want my dad to commit suicide.

We never really knew how to communicate, because he studied Economy and I did Art.

Besides that, I think he is an amazing, funny and hard working person.

I graduated on high school and I wasn't accepted to colledge, so I am looking for a job as well.

I think this stresses him out even more, even tho he doesn't have to be worried, I know how to take care of myself.

Last night, I believe I heard him puke in our toilet, when I was in the other room.

I am not sure, if I heard right, but If I did I am worried quite more now.

Any ideas what to do or think about if you were in my dad's situation?

Hi Ketrumi, that sounds a tough situation. I'm not surprised if he feels stressed out by it, being responsible to provide for his family. In terms of what to do, I don't really know how easy he will find it to get a new job, but it's important for both of you to be understanding and make allowances for the stress, eg not taking bad feelings out on each other. One positive would be if this could lead you to open up communication, why should it matter what subjects you studied? Let him know you think he's amazing, funny, hard working etc and that may give him a boost that you have faith in him. Also sharing that you're worried for him, and love him, it never hurts to know your family care about you.

Edited by MuddyBoots

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

@MuddyBoots I have been exactly thinking about talking out the negative feelings.

I really do appreciate your support, thank you! :)

23 hours ago, Ketrumi said:

Besides that, I think he is an amazing, funny and hard working person.

Tell him that. Also mention, nobody loses a job who wants to find another one, and doesn’t. Ever heard of that guy who lost his job, and though he diligently tried, he went the rest of his life never finding one? Me neither. Most people find a job they like more than the last one. From his twenty five years of experience, he could write on a piece of paper what he knows he doesn’t want, helping him to write down what he does want. The odds of finding a job soon are about 95%, and the most important thing at play, is perspective. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE