krockerman

How does reincardnation work?

25 posts in this topic

I never understood the difference between soul and spirit. Now I think I got it.

IMO spirit is God and is the true higher self, only one. And soul is what consciousness we create, like our identity, the thoughts, ideas about "me" or the "I", and that is not true, it's the lower self, the not true self and it doesn't exist.

Only God is living all lives and reincarnating on absolutely every creature living. He is all and the only one.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse but how ? is the question

even if you say that there are souls created with consciousness, thats still implying there is one spirit with split into multiple forms and have their own consciousness. This still poses a problem, because all spirits are operating on their own accord by their own consciousnesss. Even if you strip the soul of all its properties, the consciousness itself undergoes multiple reincarnation. This would imply that each consciousness/ spirit is different ages. if they are different ages that means there is a start and an end. 

But how is all this possible and how does it really work? 

its not so simple as saying that the soul/ spirit is yourself and that you are god reincarnating as yourself. because that would mean there are a finite number of souls/ spirits in absolute infinity and by definition there needs to be an infinite number of reincarnation, first births and rebirths. 

Edited by Aakash

Well, what I am saying is that spirit = consciousness. @Aakash  The "split" is an illusion and is not an split of consciousness. It is an split of "souls" that is not real. Thought creates that "split".

I know is a deep matter and probably words are difficult to make them achieve the exact meanings we wanted to give to them. Consciousness is always unified and infinite. The idea of a soul or a separation is what is not real.

In my understanding soul is different than spirit. If I do a gross comparison I would say that soul is similar to ego and spirit is similar to God or what IS, being.

But soul, in reality doesn't exists and the "split" , "creation" or "multiplicity" is just an illusion, or maya.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@Aakash Thank you Aakash! ^_^