Nivsch

Leo, I have 2 questions about the last video "letting go".

17 posts in this topic

Before it, one thing - I hope you didn't see my response to you in the topic of infininte intelligence communication 0001# in a negative way cause i dont want to cause this kind of feeling even when i want to critisize something its in a good vibe. not to underestimate it at all but only to show my opinion and feeling in that moment. Just make sure you taked it positively. I wanted to know why did you think that, and i will ask it again directly in another day. To not make this topic heavy.

About the "power of letting go":

The thing is this - every time I get obssesed or very excited about something and i am busy with this thing for couple of hours / days / weeks (even if its a very positive thing) after that period of time - I start a period of anxiety of totally different topics that has nothing to do with the original topic of the obssesion and no matter how positive was the original topic. don't know what happens in the brain that does this, but it just what happens every time. If you have any idea if why it happens i will very happy to hear. 

Two questions:

1. I can use the "letting go" method you showed in the video in a way that for example - every 45 minutes of doing that obssesive topic - i will have to take a break of 15 minutes. even without planning times, but takes significant breaks in order to not let my mind get into obssession in action. 

But, isnt it serves to ego? Becuase i use this method in order to avoid obssesion and avoid the anxiety / downward of mood - after it. Which means - I use this method for in the end of the day to avoid the dark period!

It is the opposite of surrendering. The opposite of spirituality training. Because in spirituality training i have NOT to avoid the painful results.

But in the other hand - maybe its a legitimate method to manage your brain and your obssesions and to threat OCD!  CBT and OCD experts tend to support this letting go training. Dr jeffrey schwarts encourage all the time be the owner of your brain and take steps out even when your brain get locked. You have the power to get your brain out of the swamp. and he always says "you are not your brain" So in that way the leting go method it sound good.

So i'm confused. Dont know what is right to do. 

2. Assuming that the obssesions are themselves a result of core emotional problem and psychological problems - doesnt the letting go method threat only the symptoms and not the core issues? Because in this assumption - the letting go method kill the mosquitoes but doesnt dry the swamp.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Let go of this post ?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Letting Go is Powerful Technique, Don't Underestimate it!

even if it serves the EGO, why do you see any problem in there? for instance, If I'd tell you go and jump off the cliff, would you do it? you'd say that it'd create unnecessary problems for you in the future! why do you avoid it? because you're serving your EGO in the first place. so don't try to label it bad or negative to serve the EGO! we even stop serving EGO excessively just because we're afraid that in future, the habit of excessively doing or consuming something will create extra suffering, so even the intention of stop for serving the EGO is serving EGO in its essence, just think about it!

so even the letting go technique would seem a reducer of serving but you serve it in future by practicing the creating the state of peace inside yourself.

Letting Go doesn't remove the surface problems, it can also remove the deep problems, but that's true as long as you're not misusing it like someone would think to itself : let's Let Go of the desire to have sex forever and not do it anymore! that'd create more problems!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

@hamedsf just to clarify myself: I am not underestimate it at all.

Actually if i was underestimate it I wouldn't ask nothing about it because I would just filter this method out for disconnection.

I am asking precisely because I liked it and in order to solve that conflict i have about it.

There are two contradicting voices inside of me that both of them sound convincing and thats the problem.

What you are saying now is interesting. Maybe there is no way to dissolve the ego without also going with him? 

So in this way, every spiritual development method will do the both - going with the ego and against it - in the same time? 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

@Nivsch Yes, it seems both but regarding the long term effect, do you think it's for or against it? let's see...

let's not just focus on consciousness practice, let's pick up and talk about an everyday mundane matter,  for example:"waking up at 5 am everyday"

you decide to do this for two months and ultimately make a habit out of it, at first, it seems that you're cruel on your"SELF = EGO", because as you're doing it everyday, you have suffering and pain in the process on a daily basis! DON'T YOU? :P

let's assume, you 100% succeeded and you woke up everyday at exactly 5 am everyday, at the end of the time period, you see that you can wake up easily and be productive because you have much time to do things with the new sleep program. you see that benefit in your"SELF = EGO"

now, let's zoom out and see all things from above, at first, you were against (YOURSELF = EGO), but at the end of the process, you see that you've gained a new beneficial habit for (YOURSELF = EGO)  

in the short term, against, but in the long term, for!! 

Edited by hamedsf

1 hour ago, hamedsf said:

@Nivsch Yes, it seems both but regarding the long term effect, do you think it's for or against it? let's see...

let's not just focus on consciousness practice, let's pick up and talk about an everyday mundane matter,  for example:"waking up at 5 am everyday"

you decide to do this for two months and ultimately make a habit out of it, at first, it seems that you're cruel on your"SELF = EGO", because as you're doing it everyday, you have suffering and pain in the process on a daily basis! DON'T YOU? :P

let's assume, you 100% succeeded and you woke up everyday at exactly 5 am everyday, at the end of the time period, you see that you can wake up easily and be productive because you have much time to do things with the new sleep program. you see that benefit in your"SELF = EGO"

now, let's zoom out and see all things from above, at first, you were against (YOURSELF = EGO), but at the end of the process, you see that you've gained a new beneficial habit for (YOURSELF = EGO)  

in the short term, against, but in the long term, for!! 

Right but on the other hand when I do the "let go" in order to dissolve the OCD (make it weaker) I am FOR the ego because there is a clear goal of the method for me.

And in the same time is also AGAINST because letting go its not thrivial action and not always easy.

The both (for and against) are in the immediate term.

I feel that maybe I didnt rich the point you meant. Ok now (before sending) I just read once again your first message and i think i understand.

You mean that basically all the spiritual path is in the long term FOR the ego?

Edited by Nivsch

For letting go, use the sedona method, look up "releasing emotions". You will find tons of techniques. Its true that you shouldnt become neurotic about doing these techniques (as leos says in the video) but come on man. How long have you been doing this? If its for 1 or 2 month, dont worry about it.

Its the opposite, getting stuck in your head, getting fixated about one thing is what creates the problem. What you are doing here with letting go IS the emotional work you need to do. The work you are trying to run away from.

Leo goes deeper on that topic in this video

To let something go oftentimes requires to feel it fully before. Watch Leos videos on emotional mastery for more information.

9 hours ago, Nivsch said:

You mean that basically all the spiritual path is in the long term FOR the ego?

@Nivsch look, it's kinda hard to say that it's merely FOR the EGO in the long term, but rather I'm telling those are to take control of it, at first of the consciousness practices, we have a GIANT EGO but after a constant hardcore consciousness practices, we end up having a meticulous ego, that meticulous ego is now in peace because it's integrated many times with the infinite consciousness, now we can say that our all practices were for this Ego, but for the tamed and peaceful EGO at the end, not for the mischievous at first phase.

As you know, even the first-rate expert of consciousness, with 10000 of practices has Ego, and nobody could say that he doesn't have Ego at all.

so don't buy into the idea of demonizing and disowning the EGO, Serving the Ego could be the best thing but as long as you keep it tamed and in control.

3 hours ago, d0ornokey said:

@hamedsf you should make a blog bro

gotta think of that :))

On 5.9.2019 at 10:36 PM, NoSelfSelf said:

Let go of this post ?

Difficulty level: over 9000

On 7.9.2019 at 5:35 AM, universe said:

For letting go, use the sedona method, look up "releasing emotions". You will find tons of techniques. Its true that you shouldnt become neurotic about doing these techniques (as leos says in the video) but come on man. How long have you been doing this? If its for 1 or 2 month, dont worry about it.

Its the opposite, getting stuck in your head, getting fixated about one thing is what creates the problem. What you are doing here with letting go IS the emotional work you need to do. The work you are trying to run away from.

To let something go oftentimes requires to feel it fully before. Watch Leos videos on emotional mastery for more information.

Thank you :) very interesting video i watched yesteday and today i'll se the 'master your emotions'.

On 7.9.2019 at 5:35 AM, universe said:

But the real grow vs fake grow video is some how contradict the claim that let go method solving the root problem. Because let go method is a mechanical method to make the brain more flexible.

Dont get me wrong i like this attitude and i think it enourmesly helpful its THE behavioral tool to deal with ocd and leo made it even more clear and accessible to me as it wasnt before!

But, the letting go method doesn't make the mind really learn why to give up his need to be obssessed!

Just to move on to another issue (and let go the previous issue) is a little like putting a mask and thats what the "real vs fake grow" video is talking about.

Edited by Nivsch

No the video teaches you the importance of going inwards instead of rearranging outside settings.

There is more to it.

As you do the practice you will find that you wont be able to let go any time and any thing.

And even if you can, you are right, there are still things to learn. For example if you want to become a rocket scientist. Simply letting go wont do that. The thing is tho, most people dont become a rocket scientist because they cant let go.

47 minutes ago, universe said:

No the video teaches you the importance of going inwards instead of rearranging outside settings.

There is more to it.

As you do the practice you will find that you wont be able to let go any time and any thing.

And even if you can, you are right, there are still things to learn. For example if you want to become a rocket scientist. Simply letting go wont do that. The thing is tho, most people dont become a rocket scientist because they cant let go.

I could not understand your example.

The let go method doesnt just rearranging outside things?

And if no, why?

Edited by Nivsch

Watch the exercise in the end of the video.

Are these people doing inner work or outer work? You are free to do it yourself and see.

@universe @hamedsf thank you very much.

I just had an obsession of "feeling the anxiety in my body" (the technique itself turned to an obssesion) and I didnt know if to let it go or to let the obssesion keep going and exhuast itself? It sounds like two opposite directions.

Then I just decided to let it go. But the obssesion refused to do it, so I decided to let IT go - means - let the obsession do what it wants!

Means: its going full circle. But to see it i had to pass an anxiety phase of feeling lost in the question above and flow with it. This insight is amazing its like the obssesion defeated itself.

Edited by Nivsch