Dominic

Sexual Jealousy

3 posts in this topic

I’ve recently broke up with my ex girlfriend of 2 years. The break up did not end well and there is no chance of being friends. She is unfortunately part of my social group/social circle.

Whenever I am at events and she is there, she kisses other people, all over them and brings them home in front of me whilst smiling. This has been happening for four months now. I decline most events now and have cousins who I spend time with.

However, I don’t want to completely cut all off the social group as I don’t want to let one person ruin all my other great friendships. My question is how can I deal with this? I get anxious every time there is a birthday or when everyone goes out as I dread seeing her all over other people out of spite. I try to ignore it as best as I can.

I know she is not my girlfriend anymore and she can do as she likes, but it doesn’t stop the anxiety and brutal pain that comes from this. I think I have a real deep problem with sexual jealousy/envy.
Are there any books or any advice to deal with this? 

@Leo Gura 

Edited by Dominic
Added one sentence

Probably a great thing you two broke up, she doesn’t sound very nice. Do you live in a small city or how come you so often encounter her? If you have not I’d try to be honest with our friends maybe they can help you out. 

I'll tell you some secrets: She still has feelings for you if she is trying to rub it in your face. Its a possibility that she is still into you more than the other guys she is flaunting in front of you. So you are the one with the power here, pretty cool reframe huh? Let that wash away all your negativity about the situation and love yourself. 

I would either, A) stop caring B) pursue other girls C) break out of that social circle

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry