flowboy

Concerned about Kundalini-awakening exercise part of workshop

8 posts in this topic

I'm taking a 6 day Tantra workshop in October.

I've done it once before, about 17 months ago, so I know the programme pretty well. There is one exercise that I participated in the first time, not knowing anything about Kundalini, and now that I do, I'm considering refusing to do it.

But if you guys think it's harmless, I would prefer to participate, because it is kind of fun.

So I would like your input on how sane this is to do:

• Find sensitive pressure points on your hipbone, tailbone, and between shoulderblades
  • Have 3 people press on them with their elbows or knuckles and put their full weight on it. It quickly becomes very painful and you start moaning/crying/screaming
  • After some minutes of torture, they sit you up on your knees and start to hammer on the base of your spine with their fists, producing vibrations through your spine
  • At a certain point, you are said to be "loose", and people start poking you on the spine and on the chest, playing with you like a string. Your spine reacts very strongly to any touch and starts bending, waving and contorting. Some minutes of playing with the spine motions follow, where there is usually contorting, and uncontrolled breathing and screaming that happens automatically. It felt to me like orgasmic waves were traveling through my spine, helped by my breath.

I've heard from someone that he had a Kundalini experience the same night when he participated in the exercise, something about a strong energy buzzing in his body when he tried to sleep, and a ball of light and love - or something.

I didn't notice anything from it except feeling 'looser' in the spine and being able to summon rushes of pleasure more easily, just by moving/dancing. I still have that today.

What do you think: should I skip it?

My concern is that during the workshop, there was no explanation whatsoever about what Kundalini is, or the strange and sometimes devastating phenomena that can occur when you mess with it. I only read about that later and felt a bit shocked and cheated.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

I don't use the breath to force Kundalini, but I do release resistance energetically by letting go. This causes the Kundalini to rise naturally.

4 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

The only part of you that can be terrified of it is the one that's being surrendered.

I understand that...I think :D

And actually indeed the first time I did the exercise in blissful ignorance, it went fine.

It's just that I've read that forceful techniques are dangerous and bad, since.

6 minutes ago, Martin123 said:

Maybe it's not fully risen but it's working slowly on your nervous system. You don't need to rush or force it, the gentler approach you take with yourself, the easier it will be to surrender to it. I am not saying anything to be worried or concerned about, but the work-shop can be great for you.

Great to hear :) Hope so too!

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

27 minutes ago, flowboy said:
  • Find sensitive pressure points on your hipbone, tailbone, and between shoulderblades
  • Have 3 people press on them with their elbows or knuckles and put their full weight on it. It quickly becomes very painful and you start moaning/crying/screaming
  • After some minutes of torture, they sit you up on your knees and start to hammer on the base of your spine with their fists, producing vibrations through your spine
  • At a certain point, you are said to be "loose", and people start poking you on the spine and on the chest, playing with you like a string. Your spine reacts very strongly to any touch and starts bending, waving and contorting. Some minutes of playing with the spine motions follow, where there is usually contorting, and uncontrolled breathing and screaming that happens automatically. It felt to me like orgasmic waves were traveling through my spine, helped by my breath.

@flowboy Do what you want but this sounds quite odd to me. Wouldn't you be better off doing something like a retreat or even a couple of float tank sessions?

@cetus56 This is just one exercise, taking up a couple hours within a 6 day programme. It is a retreat. I really do like everything else. And I was fine with this too, but now that I've read up, I don't know what to think of it.

@flowboy I gotcha. If you found the majority of the workshop to be useful then go for it.