Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Natasha

Making Peace With the Loss of a Loved One

31 posts in this topic

@Natasha I'm so sorry for your loss. :( The best advice I've ever heard on dealing with grief is that since death is an illusion, we must look for our loved ones where they are and not look where they aren't. You really can see them in the sky, or a flower, you can feel their timeless presence and they really do leave little signs for us. That said, grief and loss are meant for feeling, just like love. When we see through the loss and grief to eternal love, we see what a window death can be the nature of God. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Thank you, Mandy <3 I feel his presence very strongly today. Like he's  here to comfort me and take away the sadness. He was pure love, such a gentle and sweet being. I miss him so much.

Hi @Natasha thank you for this post. Losing a loved one can make you feel a roller-coaster of emotions. It is important to ride that roller coaster and not deny your feelings. Trying to "just get on with it" is hard. Grief can grip you, paralyse you and choke you. But grief can also bring you profound acceptance of what is a natural process in life.

For me, crying was a great release, as was contemplation. However long it takes, take that time. Loss and pain is tough, so it is important you look after yourself, do the things you love and reach out, as you have done. 

After two and a half years the loved one I lost is still a very painful thing but I can feel him as the sun on my face, the gentle wind in my hair and the endless clouds in the sky. I send you love, my friend. 

@Surfingthewave Thank you so much for the love and support! <3

Max's passing has been the toughest thing I've ever had to endure. The emotions are still raw and I still cry often. The house seem quiet without him. I've been working on my art and am going back to my exercise routine this week. My appetite and sleeping are slowly improving. Talking it out with others has been quite therapeutical too. I don't think there can ever be closure with this. He's going to be with me forever.

I've lots quite a few pets when I was a kid. It's very tough. Especially when you are young and they mean the whole world to you. I've also lost grandparents and a parent and that has been a brutal experience. 
I've been going through a heartbreak just now myself. And I have to say that experiencing emotions is hard hard work!! I don't know why it hurts so much, but it just does. When I sob I feel like everything inside me is hurting. And I can literally start crying in an instant. However, that's a good thing. The alternative is way worse.

Sending sympathy and love towards you, Natasha! <3 

My dog passed away last year and it was a terrible experience, especially bringing her to the vet to put her to sleep. That experience in itself is very painful, but I myself don't really see her as gone. I see her every day inside the bumble bees that try to climb into the flowers on the balcony, or inside the birds that I feed when it is winter.

I even see her in the fruit flies that start appearing when I left some fruit lying around too long. Just a few days ago I saved one when it flew into a juice I wanted to drink. I fished it out with a spoon, put it into water to clean it up and then put it on a towel and it actually lived. Cleaning itself off and then flying away. Quite remarkable, especially because it must have been in the juice for quite some time.

There is no need to feel bad for Max, there are so many more lifes to live. To accept that he has changed might become easier if you share the love you shared with him with the other Maxes around you. They want to be loved just like he did, that's all they seek. Max will appreciate every bit of love that you share with him, no matter what form he took. He might not remember you, but that is somethint that just needs to be accepted. One day you won't remember him, and it will be you who is climbing into flowers to get the nectar.

Recognize Max in the bumble bees. Once you will, it's going to feel like he was never gone.

Glory to Israel