SaynotoKlaus

How To Make My Life Purpose Real

34 posts in this topic

I just realized why choosing a life purpose doesn't motivate me almost at all , and i always tend to go back to my addictions.

I was thinking about something that i don't remember anymore , and at some point i reached the conclusion that i like being addicted. "Why do i like being addicted?" i asked myself - "Because it gives me purpose". The more i think about it , the more convinced i am this is true. When i am obsessed with whatever , even though i have this persistent shitty feeling that i am powerless , i also feel secure in a way. It's like i always have something there for me , i am never wandering aimlessly.

The easy answer to this is that i should find the greatest goal i can think of , and set that to be my purpose. But the problem with this is that thinking of an ideal is a very abstract thing , and because of this it doesn't motivate me that much. For example when i think of an addiction i have tons of images and good feelings associated with it. Actually i don't even have to think of it , thoughts related to it pop up all the time in my mind. They are also very accessible , i can start doing these addicting  things right now , if i want to. They sure feel very real , hard to ignore.

A noble purpose doesn't feel real. All i can come up with is some abstract images in my head. For example if i think of me being rich , i just see myself dressed well , living in some cool house and having big numbers in my bank account. If i think of enlightenment , i just imagine myself sitting and meditating , while i'm content with everything. And that's it.

I can come up with the best ideas of what i can do with my life , but it doesn't help me that much. I have no idea how these things that i want feel , all i have are some blurry , short dreams. I can't even keep them in my mind until the next day.

How can some people come up with these big goals that they hang on to and use them to achieve great things?

How can you make a powerful visualization of something that you don't even know how it really is?

Even I am also facing a similar issue, did you have any progress with it

Your life purpose must come from the inside. It's not that you want enlightenment, because Leo said it's his life purpose (I don't even know if he did). It's just an extra, a side story to the your real lifetime adventure.

Assuming that you're addictions are not damaging, like heroine addiction or something like that, I would actually suggest you go all in on the addiction route. Then you might truly eventually discover its limitations, instead of me just scratching the surface by taking to you about its limitations. When (if) you truly see its limitations, you will be more congruent when taking on another path. Sure, there will be a lot of time wasted, but that time might help you to make a definite decision later on.

I still like to give a try to convince you about not taking the addiction route. Doesn't it have a backside to it? Doesn't it feel inauthentic? My view of addiction is that it is simply used to distract oneself, to quiet the heart. To escape.

My last view of it all is the following: Conceder that you are lying on your death bed due to high age. Would you feel content about your life if you chose to live with addictions your whole life?

I can end by saying that I can relate to what you say, but I've chosen to try to eliminate addiction.

It feels like I didn't write good enough but hopefully it gave you some perspective. :) 

This is an interesting and important question.   Where does this answer come from, some say from inside, some say other things.  It is the human identity that decides the life purpose for the human being and not the consciousness for most all people.   The humanity identity is controlled by everything outside of itself, programing, their involvement with society, friends and family, its creates beliefs from all these things, it has desires of the flesh for material things and pleasures therefore the identity chooses what it thinks will fulfill itself as far as a life purpose goes, and that is all good and well for the identity.   but

If and when one becomes self realized, then none of that can exist, because none of those are now in control of the destiny of the consciousness that possesses the physical body, once consciousness has fully awakened.

For the self realized being, there is no future, no past, no identity, so where does this life purpose question fit in then.  It doesn't, as a self realized being one is functioning in the moment of life, without thoughts of future or past, and living what life brings before the consciousness as the observer of events, one at that point functions in a conscious, aware, present state of being. 

So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?

1 hour ago, charlie2dogs said:

This is an interesting and important question.   Where does this answer come from, some say from inside, some say other things.  It is the human identity that decides the life purpose for the human being and not the consciousness for most all people.   The humanity identity is controlled by everything outside of itself, programing, their involvement with society, friends and family, its creates beliefs from all these things, it has desires of the flesh for material things and pleasures therefore the identity chooses what it thinks will fulfill itself as far as a life purpose goes, and that is all good and well for the identity.   but

If and when one becomes self realized, then none of that can exist, because none of those are now in control of the destiny of the consciousness that possesses the physical body, once consciousness has fully awakened.

For the self realized being, there is no future, no past, no identity, so where does this life purpose question fit in then.  It doesn't, as a self realized being one is functioning in the moment of life, without thoughts of future or past, and living what life brings before the consciousness as the observer of events, one at that point functions in a conscious, aware, present state of being. 

So if the being of consciousness is functioning only in the moment of life, then how can it have a life purpose, which is a planning for the future, which in reality does not exist ?

There needs to be a distinction between what Eckhart Tolle "calls clock" time and rejecting the present moment by projecting the past/future in our mind. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to for instance schedule a meeting with an enlightened person. The main difference is that a non enlightened person might spend time worrying about the meeting, while the enlightened don't. However, both realize that at a certain time in future, the meeting will take place.

Transferring this into life purpose, I believe that the enlightened person fully enjoys the process of its purpose, while the non enlightened person only focuses on the end goal.

5 hours ago, Vigi said:

There needs to be a distinction between what Eckhart Tolle "calls clock" time and rejecting the present moment by projecting the past/future in our mind. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to for instance schedule a meeting with an enlightened person. The main difference is that a non enlightened person might spend time worrying about the meeting, while the enlightened don't. However, both realize that at a certain time in future, the meeting will take place.

Transferring this into life purpose, I believe that the enlightened person fully enjoys the process of its purpose, while the non enlightened person only focuses on the end goal.

i have no idea what you are talking about with tolle, let me ask you a couple questions, how many enlightened people have you scheduled a meeting with, also in your statement you are speaking for the unenlightened and the enlightened,  how did you arrive at what an enlightened person would do.  The reason i ask is i thought i knew what a self realized person would do before i self realized then i discovered that what i thought i knew, had little meaning.  Thanks for the reply.

@charlie2dogs

8 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

Hi Charlie, 

I have to admit I am somewhat lost as to where you are leading us/people with these insights.

Yes a more awakened person does not live in the head exclusively identified with memory and anticipation of future events based on that memory.  But I'm  finding it increasingly difficult to believe your claim that any sane individual (enlightened or not) would not be adjusted to reality in that there is indeed a past that is real and a future that needs to be planned for.  

Your description of a fully realized person sounds more like a dysfunctional tool unable to consciously adjust to the real world.

I also harbour great suspicion for those who claim to know they are in contact with the absolute truth, who find reasons to argue instead of integrate and display an air of low level disrespect and a whiff of bitterness toward "ordinary" people who function at different levels of truth.  I am also averse to people who seem to have lost the ability to speak to people on their level and give them the answers they need.

Excuse me for my frankness but your posts are not resonating.

-Mal

34 minutes ago, Mal said:

@charlie2dogs

Hi Charlie, 

I have to admit I am somewhat lost as to where you are leading us/people with these insights.

Yes a more awakened person does not live in the head exclusively identified with memory and anticipation of future events based on that memory.  But I'm  finding it increasingly difficult to believe your claim that any sane individual (enlightened or not) would not be adjusted to reality in that there is indeed a past that is real and a future that needs to be planned for.  

Your description of a fully realized person sounds more like a dysfunctional tool unable to consciously adjust to the real world.

I also harbour great suspicion for those who claim to know they are in contact with the absolute truth, who find reasons to argue instead of integrate and display an air of low level disrespect and a whiff of bitterness toward "ordinary" people who function at different levels of truth.  I am also averse to people who seem to have lost the ability to speak to people on their level and give them the answers they need.

Excuse me for my frankness but your posts are not resonating.

-Mal

How many different levels are there that frequent this site. do you think it is possible to speak to all levels with one statement.  What is an awakened person to you, if i could ask.

you said:  your description of a fully realized person sounds more like a dysfunctional tool unable to consciously adjust to the real world.  are you self realized?  no you are not, so how would you know what a fully realized person does or does not do?

you said: I also harbour great suspicion for those who claim to know they are in contact with the absolute truth, who find reasons to argue instead of integrate and display an air of low level disrespect and a whiff of bitterness toward "ordinary" people who function at different levels of truth.  I am also averse to people who seem to have lost the ability to speak to people on their level and give them the answers they need.

I never said anything about absolute truth, and i never argue or debate.  I state what my own experience, knowledge and understanding that came from experience, to debate that would be foolish because i would be debating with a human identity that was still functioning unconsciously and trying to debate me with their programing and false beliefs.

You harbour great suspicion, and you are adverse to what i am talking about because you are functioning as the human identity, i am not. I cannot make one statement fit everyone here, when its one on one, i can make it fit but not in an open forum with people on many levels,  I have to say what needs to be said, and the ones who are awakening normally as a rule make an effort to understand rather than, harbour great suspicion and have an adversion to people they know nothing about.  I can assure you if and when you become self realized, you wont be making these statements, and you will at the very least be trying to understand that you haven't or can't, until then i understand and it is ok. cheers

Edited by charlie2dogs

On 5/9/2016 at 5:56 AM, SaynotoKlaus said:

I just realized why choosing a life purpose doesn't motivate me almost at all , and i always tend to go back to my addictions.

I was thinking about something that i don't remember anymore , and at some point i reached the conclusion that i like being addicted. "Why do i like being addicted?" i asked myself - "Because it gives me purpose". The more i think about it , the more convinced i am this is true. When i am obsessed with whatever , even though i have this persistent shitty feeling that i am powerless , i also feel secure in a way. It's like i always have something there for me , i am never wandering aimlessly.

The easy answer to this is that i should find the greatest goal i can think of , and set that to be my purpose. But the problem with this is that thinking of an ideal is a very abstract thing , and because of this it doesn't motivate me that much. For example when i think of an addiction i have tons of images and good feelings associated with it. Actually i don't even have to think of it , thoughts related to it pop up all the time in my mind. They are also very accessible , i can start doing these addicting  things right now , if i want to. They sure feel very real , hard to ignore.

A noble purpose doesn't feel real. All i can come up with is some abstract images in my head. For example if i think of me being rich , i just see myself dressed well , living in some cool house and having big numbers in my bank account. If i think of enlightenment , i just imagine myself sitting and meditating , while i'm content with everything. And that's it.

I can come up with the best ideas of what i can do with my life , but it doesn't help me that much. I have no idea how these things that i want feel , all i have are some blurry , short dreams. I can't even keep them in my mind until the next day.

How can some people come up with these big goals that they hang on to and use them to achieve great things?

How can you make a powerful visualization of something that you don't even know how it really is?

Life purpose is something you feel from the inside. When one gets the bigger picture after doing some soul searching. 

How about helping others relief some degree of suffering in their lives? 

What motivates me is that I want to defend the bigger picture. To live up to my values.  That we are all essentially One, and that the only thing separating us are beliefs, egos, and fears. I "choose" to be an example of the light force, whatever that means to me. 

I recommend watching this video from Leo:

Also a really cool concept that I love:

@charlie2dogs , i can appreciate anytime somebody takes time out of their day to offer input to a discussion. You always offer really deep advice on consciousness/enlightenment in my opinion. However, I think what @Mal was trying to say in his last sentence is, this is the Life Purpose/Career sub-forum, so not everyone posting here is looking for an answer coming from an enlightenment point of view. While your words offer great insight, it doesn't effectively help the topic creator where he is at this point in his life, since he was just asking about how to make big goals and powerful affirmations for his situation. If the question was asked in the Consciousness/Enlightenment sub-forum or maybe the Self-Actualization sub-forum, your answer would've had much greater value to the person creating the topic. I understand you want to say what needs to be said, and I did try my best to understand what you said, but I just wanted to explain why someone in this sub-forum might be confused by a response about consciousness and the enlightened self. A lot of people come to Actualized.org simply because they just want to improve parts of their life, relationships, habits, etc since that is what 95% of Leo's videos are about. The knowledge and experience you shared was valuable to me though, so thank you. Peace.

Edited by Man in the Mirror

59 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

You harbour great suspicion, and you are adverse to what i am talking about because you are functioning as the human identity, i am not. I cannot make one statement fit everyone here, when its one on one, i can make it fit but not in an open forum with people on many levels,  I have to say what needs to be said, and the ones who are awakening normally as a rule make an effort to understand rather than, harbour great suspicion and have an adversion to people they know nothing about.  I can assure you if and when you become self realized, you wont be making these statements, and you will at the very least be trying to understand that you haven't or can't

Hi Charlie, 

Again, I admit I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.  Perhaps it's because I am a human identity and obviously functioning unconsciously?

To my ears you sound like you're suggesting that if I disagree with you then I can't be awakening "normally".

I don't have an aversion to you perse, as you correctly stated, I know nothing about you.  And maybe my choice of words ws poor, or perhaps you in your enlightenment (or certainly perhaps self defensiveness) wasn't able to read between the lines and "make an effort to understand"?  But I actually meant your writing is not resonating because I don't believe such rancor would come from the mouth of a self realized being.  Descriptions of the "unitive" self according to Cook-Greuter's research doesn't even suggest such traces of resentment - at that's even at the "lowly" level of the highest structure of ego development known to us.  So I'm a little bit confused.

59 minutes ago, charlie2dogs said:

I never said anything about absolute truth, and i never argue or debate.  

You are arguing with me now.  Or had you not noticed that either?

Mal

Edited by Mal

57 minutes ago, Man in the Mirror said:

@charlie2dogs , i can appreciate anytime somebody takes time out of their day to offer input to a discussion. You always offer really deep advice on consciousness/enlightenment in my opinion. However, I think what @Mal was trying to say in his last sentence is, this is the Life Purpose/Career sub-forum, so not everyone posting here is looking for an answer coming from an enlightenment point of view. While your words offer great insight, it doesn't effectively help the topic creator where he is at this point in his life, since he was just asking about how to make big goals and powerful affirmations for his situation. If the question was asked in the Consciousness/Enlightenment sub-forum or maybe the Self-Actualization sub-forum, your answer would've had much greater value to the person creating the topic. I understand you want to say what needs to be said, and I did try my best to understand what you said, but I just wanted to explain why someone in this sub-forum might be confused by a response about consciousness and the enlightened self. A lot of people come to Actualized.org simply because they just want to improve parts of their life, relationships, habits, etc since that is what 95% of Leo's videos are about. The knowledge and experience you shared was valuable to me though, so thank you. Peace.

actually i liked your response, i am glad it was valuable to you, it says a lot about you.  thanks for the reply

53 minutes ago, Mal said:

Hi Charlie, 

Again, I admit I don't really understand what you are trying to say here.  Perhaps it's because I am a human identity and obviously functioning unconsciously?

To my ears you sound like you're suggesting that if I disagree with you then I can't be awakening "normally".

I don't have an aversion to you perse, as you correctly stated, I know nothing about you.  And maybe my choice of words ws poor, or perhaps you in your enlightenment (or certainly perhaps self defensiveness) wasn't able to read between the lines and "make an effort to understand"?  But I actually meant your writing is not resonating because I don't believe such rancor would come from the mouth of a self realized being.  Descriptions of the "unitive" self according to Cook-Greuter's research doesn't even suggest such traces of resentment - at that's even at the "lowly" level of the highest structure of ego development known to us.  So I'm a little bit confused.

You are arguing with me now.  Or had you not noticed that either?

Mal

I have nothing to defend, and yes you could have used a better choice of words but you are still defending your choice of words with more words with the same effectiveness and intent, such as ( I don't believe such rancor would come from the mouth of a self realized being)  I have no idea what cook-greuters research is , and im not basing my life on that.  If  what i have said, you consider it rancor, maybe you should just drop it and ignore it, because if that is your attitude about what i was saying then we don't really need to be having this conversation.   Lets move on to more important things.

4 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

i have no idea what you are talking about with tolle, let me ask you a couple questions, how many enlightened people have you scheduled a meeting with, also in your statement you are speaking for the unenlightened and the enlightened,  how did you arrive at what an enlightened person would do.  The reason i ask is i thought i knew what a self realized person would do before i self realized then i discovered that what i thought i knew, had little meaning.  Thanks for the reply.

Charlie, 

I've been known to have been wrong in the past, I am sure I may be wrong now.

Perhaps it is a cultural difference, even (more likely) a difference in development?

In my eyes your response to Vigi's challenge was a little too dismissive for me to swallow.  Along with many other passages of yours that I have failed to adequately stomach and have found myself veering away from.  Perhaps your writing has brought up some residue of egoic delusion for me to work on?  From a higher perspective than I care to admit currently owning, I probably no doubt have you to thank for seemingly triggering such a response in me.

I have made considerable effort to try to understand 2nd tier development because this is the door to 3rd tier realization, and being able to spot an authentic 3rd tier realizer is absolutely essential to my own personal (and non personal) development.  I subscribe to the notion that the higher tiers are built upon the lesser tiers, so even though I may not fully understand a 3rd tier perspective, I am fully aware that if I spot a 1st tier lens within an apparent 3rd tier response I tend to lose resonance as I'm always scanning for authenticity.  I find some of your descriptions of what "ordinary" people are quite inaccurate and possibly surface reflections of perhaps a primitive reflection of your own disowned and deprived qualities?

I don't see my intuition about your rancor as a defect, rather I see it as something that an authentic 3rd tier realizer should already know and resonate with, much in the same way I know instinctively how to suck my own thumb - yes I still can, even though I no longer do it... well, not in public shopping malls or well populated spots :- )

By the way, I was referring to my bad choice of words to highlight the possibility that you yourself indeed have failed to practice what you preach.

Yes, moving on.  

My apologies to @SaynotoKlaus for veering off topic.

Mal

Edited by Mal

11 hours ago, charlie2dogs said:

No, I have never scheduled a meeting with an enlightened person. I don't think that I ever will be able to categorize people and then be able to predict what kind of action they will take in all situations either, because every person are very complex in its nature.

I believe that the core of this discussion is weather an enlightened person grasps concept or not. I believe that the distinction between an enlightened and a not enlightened person is whether or not the person gets personally identified in the concept or not. Whether the person spends its present time thinking about the past/future regarding that concept, while missing out on the present moment. However, I strongly believe that both the enlightened and not enlightened person can grasp concepts.

If an enlightened person wouldn't be able to grasp concepts, in my mind that means that I can't tell that person facts which he/she would understand. Like for instance "I see you at 3 o'clock", "the earth is round" etc. If you strongly believe that an enlightened person can not grasp these concepts, I', interested in hearing you point of view about it. :)

7 hours ago, Vigi said:

No, I have never scheduled a meeting with an enlightened person. I don't think that I ever will be able to categorize people and then be able to predict what kind of action they will take in all situations either, because every person are very complex in its nature.

I believe that the core of this discussion is weather an enlightened person grasps concept or not. I believe that the distinction between an enlightened and a not enlightened person is whether or not the person gets personally identified in the concept or not. Whether the person spends its present time thinking about the past/future regarding that concept, while missing out on the present moment. However, I strongly believe that both the enlightened and not enlightened person can grasp concepts.

If an enlightened person wouldn't be able to grasp concepts, in my mind that means that I can't tell that person facts which he/she would understand. Like for instance "I see you at 3 o'clock", "the earth is round" etc. If you strongly believe that an enlightened person can not grasp these concepts, I', interested in hearing you point of view about it. :)

vigi, no offense meant here, but most everything you have said you used the word believe, i can't  debate, or agree to anything from or is based on belief.  I understand you are trying to explain to me about an enlightened person, but unless you are enlightened that is impossible for you to do, it says that you are speculating about something that you have no experience as.

I have tried since i have been on this site, to define, what it is like to function as a self realized being of consciousness, and to show the most direct, shortest route to achieve that without all the religions, teachings, methods, philosophies, and how to avoid the consequences and misery of continuing to live as a human identity.  And i have seen there are quite a few that is getting something from that, even though they may not fully understand, and that is ok, they are open, growing, and seeking the higher version of themselves.  It has been those few that have kept me here,  because i see them, i know them, i feel them, i know where they are, i know what direction they are headed in, i know what they really mean when they say something whether it is openly said or not, i know how they think and why they think the way they do.  There has been only maybe three that blatantly criticized what i was trying to do or say and want to argue or debate it, and i understand and i don't participate in it, i have nothing to debate, nothing to argue, i only have understanding, and knowledge that comes from living experience based in reality and not warped perceptions created from programing and belief.  If it wasn't for the number that has let me know that what i am doing is helping them and is valuable to them i would have left this site before now for good.  I know that things that i put out is not for everyone, but this is a mixed forum, so all i can say is if what i put out is helpful and can benefit anyone on here, great but for those who won't, can't because of their own belief systems, i can't change what i am doing, they will just have to ignore it as it was never written.  I am open to talking to anyone if its done with the right attitude, and for understanding and growth, i learned long ago you can waste a lot of life trying to talk to a belief system, you will never defeat a belief system, that has to be dropped by the individual if and when they are able and until then, most will not listen to reason because they already know what is right, but what they think they know is from the limited perspective of the human identity, not as a realized being.  99.9 % of the world around you will never become self realized in your lifetime.  Many are called, few are chosen, and I am not referring to being called by a non existent god.  This was not meant to offend you,  another event has arisen, it is waiting me to hit the submit button, cheers

@charlie2dogs I think it was an interesting read. But I feel like I'm missing out on your perspective on weather an enlightened person can plan his/her time. I push you on this since I want to broaden my perspective and let go of unresourceful believes. :) 

4 hours ago, Vigi said:

@charlie2dogs I think it was an interesting read. But I feel like I'm missing out on your perspective on weather an enlightened person can plan his/her time. I push you on this since I want to broaden my perspective and let go of unresourceful believes. :) 

vigi a self realized being lives in the moment, now i ask you how can you live in the moment and be in the future at the same time :)

4 hours ago, Vigi said:

and vigi, you have to remember that a self realized being doesnt play this game of life, like everyone else.  Honestly i think this is a good website for personal growth, i think that is the primary purpose that is happening here and that is a good thing.  And maybe this isnt the place for so much talk of self realization,  even the majority of people who sit at satsangs in front of masters are not ready for my reality of self realization.  It has been a long hard road and soon i hope to move further into the mountains, to enjoy the solitude of the mountains, enjoy nature and the animals,  and who knows maybe i can talk some self realization to some bigfoot  :)