PukkaDanks

Cook-Greuter Paper is Down

11 posts in this topic

What's the gist of the paper? The paper seems interesting, but too long.

18 hours ago, Alex bAlex said:

@CreamCat

Hope this help ;) 

She's not good at capturing attention. I found it difficult to focus on the video.

• She is distracted from the content for most of the time in this video.
  • Her voice is too calm.
  • If she looked and behaved like a cool devil, it could have been easier to focus.

I think http://www.davidayeats.com/A-Summary-of-Cook-Greuter-s-Developmental-Model.html is easier to understand.

Edited by CreamCat

@CreamCat the paper itself is already a summary of the model. The detail and nuance is what makes the model so useful. The more you simplify then the less useful it is. The goal here is depth of understanding. 

I'm currently more than halfway through the paper and I'm finding myself having to take frequent breaks because almost every sentence is completely mind-blowing. Simplifying any further seems useless.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

2 hours ago, Adam M said:

@CreamCat the paper itself is already a summary of the model. The detail and nuance is what makes the model so useful. The more you simplify then the less useful it is. The goal here is depth of understanding. 

I'm currently more than halfway through the paper and I'm finding myself having to take frequent breaks because almost every sentence is completely mind-blowing. Simplifying any further seems useless.

At some point, you have to admit that you cannot read every paper in the world and have to prioritize tasks.

The paper is not of high priority to me.

@CreamCat It's not like Leo posts every paper in the world on his blog.

Obviously I'm not trying to convince you to read something that you're not interested in. However I hope that you can see the value and importance of understanding the content of the paper.

We are learning about how everyone thinks, why they think the way they do, and how to facilitate their movement to higher stages of thinking.

It's important ! If you're interested enough to find a summary of the paper, you might as well just read it.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<