K VIL

Why are we attracted to Actualized.org?

26 posts in this topic

beyond the incredible work Leo puts in (NO doubt the man deserves his kudos) I sometimes wonder why am i so drawn to the teachings.

I hold reservations for going further because it is an intellectual affair at this stage. I havent yet tried psychedellics. I most likely dont understand what hes talking about.

Im just drawn to reading about infinite intelligence. it could be b.s. and yet i devour every blog post and video.

Im on the forum. I find myself reading about LSD. Why? this had nothing to do with me before a youtuber started talking about substances.

On the other hand, i want to disregard my skepticism as every decision is ultimately influenced. Why am i questioning this source?

but why these teachings? Why not some Rabbi ? Was I imprinted too young by an NLP expert? 

are you too captured?

or set free?

I came here because there were some very simple questions I had about existence that the people around me were not willing to discuss. This lead to a natural curiosity which drove me to this community. I'm not here in particular because of Leo, but because he acts a a shepherd for marginalized ideas. This place forms a very diverse Sangha in my opinion. 

I think we are too lazy to search for the deep answers he gives us through some easy to watch videos. We need not to create an ideology from his work though.

Edited by Alexop

I am personally drawn because my ego loves knowledge, and to think it is at a 'higher level' than everyone else. Actualized provides a way for me to feel this way, as it's self help but at a much 'higher' level than that which my peers consume.

Hopefully, this will change in the future, and I will start to embody the deeper teaching of non-duality, determinism etc. but at the moment, unfortunately, this is what appeals to me!

With the spiritual stuff, not anymore really. For me, reading "Conversations with Infinite Intelligence" was too much. If it's not in my experience, I don't hold it as true. What would be the difference between me and a Christian or a Muslim?

I will stick to my contemplation and try to get what am I. Then the pieces will fall where they may.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

I think a lot of people watched his old videos like 'How to stop caring what people think of you' and he has gone deeper and deeper with his videos, and here we are... Leo claiming he is God. I prefer his old videos but this is purely because I'm not up to his level yet.

I also think that us humans can get addicted to information easily.

I had a major awakening where I experienced some deep stuff and it left me shattered and confused. Felt like I was going crazy and none of my friends could understand what I had just saw. 

Leo helped my mind get a grip and be able to articulate it to some degree. 

I enjoy Leo deep video, and they make a lot of sense for me and i can't find much content like that or people to discuss in daily life

I've studied spirituality for many years. Leo is one of the best teachers I have discovered. I started watching his videos at the beginning, in 2014. Watching him grow, and growing alongside him, has been amazing. His mind is particularly open. Unlike many teachers, Leo sees every side: the practical, the spiritual, the religious, the symbolic. He's both traditional and modern, simultaneously. I aspire to be a teacher myself, and Leo provides huge inspiration and mentorship in that regard.

I started following actualized.org because of the liberating vision. 

Also I was young and impressionable (and a fuckin genius).

And Leo's awesome

Enter their minds, and you’ll find the judges you’re so afraid of – and how judiciously they judge themselves.

- Marcus Aurelius

I like this forum because it's a good place to help people.

unborn Truth

In my former forum, I had over 17,000 posts in just under 10 years. I wouldn't say I outgrew the forum, but I wasn't getting many answers to my questions any longer. Sometimes I fight with seeking validation and am just trying to find myself if that even exists.

I start to watch some of Youtubers becoz of fresh, but there awalys have a reason that I stop to watch. 

Leo is only the person that is never end. awalys new. deeper and deeper.  

I started to follow actualized.org because it seems to have some solutions to some of my problems. 

No more victim mentality. 

Every single problem in my life is my responsibility no matter how hard it is.

“It’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me” Batman.

I love this question and all of the answers so far! For me it started with with Leo's curse-word-filled-real-ness, (which resonated most with me, over all other PD videos) and it has evolved into some sort of amazing shared journey with Leo, and then with all of you too.... even though it's an illusion and we are all the same/ everything and infinate, (haha)... I am very grateful! :D 

I've met my best friend 6 years ago, he is a stage Yellow thinker and a philosopher, he imprinted me with his way of thinking and criticising, while yet I'm still at Green at best. I guess that's why.

the more and more i think of it i realize: the awakening that is talked about here in the forum is the awakening "from" actualized.org. as we realize everything is spirituality we slowly realize the spirit of this place, it´s a place where people come to, who flee from reality or find some likeminded people because they are lonely in themselfs or on their way and yes there is a community created where everyone seems to be accepted.

although after a while the toxicicity of this place shows. as it`s difficult to discern toxic from non toxic behavior sometimes. even people who come here to get help for less deep solutions or just to work on their lifepurpose get entangled. awakening in this kind of environment doesn`t have to do anything with true spirituality it is rude and real loving people are there but the dark side of the power is a little too strong sometimes.

also i don`t see a real spiritual leader around. as for me leo is a seeker, a skilled one, but spirituality wise he has some toxic aspects to him, that are exactly created by controversial statements that confuse and give off a lack of responsibility. mentioning NLP makes it more clear to understand, from another perspective now. actualized.org in the end is just a game, people confuse for a spiritual place, what is extremely dangerous in my perspective as (self)abusive personalities mingle with people who are in a sensitive phase of their life. moderators should be all therapists...or psychologists at leaeast have some kind of experiences as yoga teachers or spiritual teachers. there have been to many occasions where people get treated like crap because they think differently and there is not enough conflict solving skill in some of the moderators, the person wo leashes out is culprit, like in kindergarden. leo and some moderators play god. of course no one should expect the moderators to be therapists, doesn`t change the fact that it leaves some bitter taste in the aftermath as even though a lot of insights gained, it somehow really runs into nothing as the spiritual practice in many cases doesn`t come close to real spirituality.

might be that i`m once again influenced by the last video which is close once again to some kind of psychopathology that shows how it is playing with peoples minds/energy body/emotional body/spiritual body without taking any responsibility for the consequences as it is based on sheer will. not saying everything is bad but it`s too far away from goodness to be really good. it`s just addictive, the mentioning of "not changing anything" supports the character of gaming addiction, keeps people in the mindloop game. trying to quench a fire on the oneside while keeping the fire burning on another side.

i don`t say that there is not a lot of effort put into trying to really answer to peoples question, it would not serve all the effort and oftentimes good communication put into situations, also considering it is a free platform. but it also doesn`t help going in denial about the huge portion of psychological sensitive to psychological unstable people who seek help here – doesn`t help if the moderators are the same unstable ego gamers. it`s  a denial about the demands of the situation.

"everything is good as it is, don`t change anything" in the beginning i understood why this is helpful in the awakening phase to accept everything as it is, to accept the conflicts in real life, (to make a change in life of course at one point later?) , i thought, but no: to accept everything as it is: here as well it seems. i just see that actualized org needs some structural changes. it doesn`t serve what it wants to be on a spiraldynamic level away from arbitrary rule and despotism, it is not.

of course this is the perspective of a codependent entity of this forum. i`m not free of conflict.

Edited by remember

Great resource of mental health help tools for me.

And now its also beyond that.

Well, it's not like I am a fanboy of Actualized.Org. But he has helped me a lot over the years. I've gotten actual results doing the work that he invited me to do. 

Now with his later content, he helped me reconnect with spirituality in more of a pure way and helped me understand the many mystical experiences I have had over the years. 

I love his long videos. I will sit and drink coffee and just listen. I love the theory, the ideas, and the drive to bring everything together. 

It's some of the deepest material I have ever found. He also gave me the courage to try psychedelics and how to do them safely. 

Nowadays I don't feel like his target audience per se. I am far from a "rational hard nose skeptic" (I've been through that phase). 

But I enjoy the vision he has for his listeners and the world. 

However, now I have found more enjoyment in reading and doing my own work. There is only so much a video can convey.