CaptainBobbyOlsen

Conspiracies do happen! And they have a massive influence on society

44 posts in this topic

This is my first post after having been a lurker for a looong time… And I will start by offering an apology for not making this post shorter, and if you feel like you’ve wasted your time with reading this I offer you my deepest condolences :) I felt it needed to be comprehensive to a certain degree in order for my point of view to fully be fleshed out, which it sadly still hasn’t. This is a vast subject so I will probably come across as an idiot because you will think that I’m a tier 1 ignorant snowball. But that is okay with me as long as it will make actualized.org more open-minded. 

Parallel to what I call my spiritual "awakening" I have had what I consider my own societal "awakening", with which I mean a complete reinterpretation of how society really works. I realized that what my mom and dad, teachers/school/uni and the news told me about society is equally as misguided as that which is taught about the nature of reality by institutions such as the church of scientology or Christianity. I became a believer in conspiracies… The last couple of years I have brushed my societal “awakening” a little bit aside and focused more on the spiritual, but when Leo released his conscious politics episodes it ignited my societal awakening a little bit once again. I feel like Leo has a great and holistic understanding of society, and how we should move forward creating a more loving and aware society, though to my still limited understanding he has missed a huge part of how we are going to do that… Namely understanding the importance of conspiracies in the way our world is constructed.

First of all I want to stress that conspiracies do happen! This is what Dictionary.com says about conspiracies: conspiracy = ”the act of conspiring”, conspire = “to act or work together toward the same result or goal”. By this definition conspiracies happen all the time! You can call it devilry if that will make you more comfortable. Conspiracies happen at work, in school, among friends, low-end criminals and especially high-end criminals, politics and government, media, big business, big pharma and “insert” any important aspect of society… They are not simply ideas or theories that some fat and angry stage red/blue/orange type person comes up with in order to satisfy his/her own thirst for power (Alex jones type of people). And they happen every single day! People all over the world are being punished by our court system on the basis of conspiracy every day. A large portion of the significant events in our history from ancient Greece and until modern time has been based on conspiracies. Many important political events (example=the death of Abraham Lincoln and the war on drugs), many important economic events (example= the federal reserve and the petrodollar) and many important military events (example= war in Iraq and the weapons of mass destruction) have been based on a group of people conspiring in secret i.e. they have been working together in order for a specific outcome in society to happen, one that often times works in the favor of their own low-conscious egos.

So in my own possible self-deception, there is no doubt that conspiracies do in fact happen, the question is the following: is it of any importance at all? I think that it is of massive importance because conspiracies literally deceive us, they literally define our society and pretty much everyone including Leo brushes them aside as if it has zero influence on society, and that they are absurd and do not exist. What made me start this topic was the fact that Leo writes in his guidelines for this sub-forum, that we are not “allowed” to discuss conspiracy theories, which I believe is equivalent to someone trying to become enlightened being told by a teacher that he/she is not allowed to seek or believe knowledge from ancient and modern mystics because their ideas are too radical… will that person become enlightened? Probably not will be a common answer. Just like someone trying to understand non-duality will not be spoon-fed the truth in any of society’s institutions, one will not be spoon-fed the truth about society in any of the current institutions, not in school, not by the media, and from my point of view unfortunately not completely on actualized.org either. I’m not claiming to be the messiah of conspiracies, and the knower of all the wrong perspectives in other peoples worldviews, I’m just trying to shine a light on to the fact that most citizens understanding of society is lacking by them overlooking the immensity of the conspiracies driving our low-conscious society. If the people on a massive scale are able to understand some of the key conspiracies in our society we will automatically move up the stages in spiral dynamics, because it is to my knowledge this lack of understanding/transparency that is keeping us as a whole from moving towards more love and awareness. Conspiracies are the way by which a stage blue-orange ego can succeed in imposing its devilry onto others.

To end this post I would like to say that from my perspective looking for truths about society through any kind of mainstream institution be it educational or mainstream media, American or European one will not find any structural truths, only surface level truths unless one looks at these institutions from a higher perspective, a meta perspective. One source that has been of utmost importance for my current understanding of society is journalist James Corbett from https://www.corbettreport.com/ watch his TEDx Talk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOeAa6Ye4dc on how he came to a new understanding of the role of the media (him becoming what is popularly called a conspiracy theorist). If you like his way of presenting I urge you to look him up on YouTube or corbettreport.com, and watch his absolutely brilliant documentaries on important aspects of society such as the Federal Reserve, policies, military, big pharma and many others. Please look beyond the occasional click-bait titles, which is mostly written with a sarcastic undertone, and note that I definitely do not agree with him on everything since some of his core believes are of tier 1 nature in SD, but that he nonetheless has a tremendous investigative talent. To end this post I would like to say that I currently consider James Corbett to be the equivalent of Leo Gura in terms of understanding how society is shaped, great but not perfect :)

Good luck finding your own enlightened tinfoil hats, and make sure that they contain enough tin :)

There is quite the distinction of what is meant by people conspiring and conspiracy theories which most of the time end up with completely baseless accusations because people are obsessed with finding with some dark or sinister reason in everything that occurs.

This is different than having some insider knowledge and/or observing intent and motives of actions to make a more educated speculation.

People aren't against the idea that people high up conspire to their own motives, they are against making baseless conspiracy theories from paranoia.

What you should notice about conspiracy theorists in general is that they have low quality minds and are emotionally immature.

It's an attractive distraction from deep inner work.

And the fact that once in a blue moon a conspiracy theory gets a bit of validation only makes conspiracy theorists all the more dangerous. If conspiracy theories were 100% false all the time, they would not be nearly as dangerous as when they are 90% false. The devil always needs to sprinkle in a few nuggets of truth into his teachings in order to get people bought in. A devil never sells you outright falsehood. The devil rarely outright lies. Because it's ineffective. The devil prefers to twist and pervert the truth. That's far more effective and malicious.

The greatest delusions are built upon kernels of truth. There needs to be just enough truth so that the mind can rationalize away all the obvious falsehood.

Alex Jones is a textbook example of this.

You know what the greatest falsehood is today? Science!

Precisely because it's so accurate at making predictions. Nobody suspects that the entirety of science could be a house of cards. Science is one of the devil's greatest works of deception.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What you should notice about conspiracy theorists in general is that they have low quality minds and are emotionally immature.

And the fact that once in a blue moon a conspiracy theory gets a bit of validation only makes conspiracy theorists all the more dangerous. If conspiracy theories were 100% false all the time, they would not be nearly as dangerous as when they are 90% false. The devil always needs to sprinkle in a few nuggets of truth into his teachings in order to get people bought in. A devil never sells you outright falsehood. The devil rarely outright lies. Because it's ineffective. The devil prefers to twist and pervert the truth. That's far more effective and malicious.

The greatest delusions are built upon kernels of truth. There needs to be just enough truth so that the mind can rationalize away all the obvious falsehood.

Precisely because it's so accurate at making predictions. Nobody suspects that the entirety of science could be a house of cards. Science is one of the devil's greatest works of deception.

True question. But did we go on the moon with Armstrong ?

When GameBoy wasn't even existing.

Seriously I don't buy it. But I understand his usefulness to appear' powerful in the cold War context.

Makes sense to lie.

I believe more in that' that alien on earth.

And the fact that usa own massive weapons no one in the public know about. 

11 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

There is quite the distinction of what is meant by people conspiring and conspiracy theories which most of the time end up with completely baseless accusations because people are obsessed with finding with some dark or sinister reason in everything that occurs.

This is different than having some insider knowledge and/or observing intent and motives of actions to make a more educated speculation.

People aren't against the idea that people high up conspire to their own motives, they are against making baseless conspiracy theories from paranoia.

I see what you mean, but I don’t think that the distinction is as clear-cut as one might think. Obviously there is a huge difference between conspiracies (and theories). From my point of view there exist many degrees of importance within different conspiracies (and theories), some are important and some are less important in terms of how they affect the wellbeing of the people. An individuals understanding of our society will most likely not be improved by wondering or theorizing about some satanic influence in the truth of the moon landing for example. That will only be mind-masturbation, unless of cause it will lead to more important systemic conspiracies, that are much more intimately involved with the future of our society, such as the ways in which government is corrupted in the US through a two party system. 

The fact that some conspiracy theories that involve and are based on a paranoid mind are absolutely false and of no real usage exist, should not negate the fact that if one is to point out an aspect of society that is infested with “real” conspiracies one is to be ridiculed simply because one is not complying with the status quo. Saying something like “the entire economic structure of our society is not designed for the greatest good of the people, and that is by design” will automatically be deemed a conspiracy theory, and therefore negated to something akin to a child’s joke. However in truth what is being said is of dramatic importance if we want to change our society on a massive scale. A gradual change in the structure of our economics from scarcity/low consciousness based to more abundance/high consciousness based will be of massive importance, and will facilitate a lot of the many great policy proposals that Leo mentioned in his Conscious Politics part 4. However we first have to point out the conspiracies behind the current structure of economics otherwise it will never be changed :) 

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I agree that many conspiracy theories and theorists lack the ability to self reflect, and their beliefs are often based more on their own ego-delusions than on what is true. However to my knowledge that is true in pretty much any field of knowledge that exists today. Most things that are considered true today will be considered delusion tomorrow, and what is considered delusion today will be considered the truth tomorrow. This is what history tells us. We can never be sure that we have found the truth in anything, and I therefore am also open to the idea that I don’t have the truth about conspiracies at my hand, and I hope that I will always be open-minded enough to accept when my ideas of truth are to be reevaluated (maybe some of you guys can help me reevaluate my belief that conspiracies are the driving factor in society right now)

2 hours ago, Aeris said:

True question. But did we go on the moon with Armstrong ?

When GameBoy wasn't even existing.

Seriously I don't buy it. But I understand his usefulness to appear' powerful in the cold War context.

Makes sense to lie.

I believe more in that' that alien on earth.

And the fact that usa own massive weapons no one in the public know about. 

It would have been much easier to fake the moon landing than to do it and it's not realistic

It takes a long time for industrial knowledge to reach consumer grade hardware. Even more so governmental knowledge. 

Edited by Shadowraix

Conspiracy theories about a faked moon landing are so low quality. All their debunking is garbage.

It's as stupid as flat Earthers.

Intellectual midgetry.

4 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

It takes a long time for industrial knowledge to reach consumer grade hardware. Even more so governmental knowledge. 

This is the exact problem that I’m trying to point to! It doesn’t have to take a forever for people to realize that in order for society to improve we must first identify the roots of the problems that are holding us back. My understanding is that those roots are unfortunately based in soil made of conspiracies at this point in society’s development. It is not necessarily “one” big conspiracy but many smaller and carefully planed conspiracies driven by the devilry of low-conscious conspirators, some of which conspire for the greed of money, some for the greed for power and just plain greed for low-conscious values. The fertilizer that keeps those rotten roots in place and holding back society from evolving is the inability to identify and confront those conspiracies. In order for a gardener to remove weeds from his garden he will first have to identify them, and this is possible for him only once he knows what separates the weeds from the flowers

You're not wrong but then using the word conspiracy wouldn't be ideal

On 9/4/2019 at 4:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

Conspiracy theories about a faked moon landing are so low quality. All their debunking is garbage.

Intellectual midgetry.

"A lack of belief in a somewhat extraordinary claim is as stupid as claiming something with no evidence that can be easily proven wrong, you should just believe what the government told you, even tho they had reason to fake it and it would have been much easier than doing it" - Leo Gura 2019

15 hours ago, tenta said:

"A lack of belief in a somewhat extraordinary claim is as stupid as claiming something with no evidence that can be easily proven wrong, you should just believe what the government told you, even tho they had reason to fake it and it would have been much easier than doing it" - Leo Gura 2019

I don’t think that the problem is the word “conspiracy”, rather it is the semantics associated with it. When the average Joe in society hears the word conspiracy he will inevitably associate it with what is commonly called conspiracy theories. Conspiracies are merely the way ego-devilry is deceiving society instead of only deceiving the pure awareness behind the individual ego.

Other words that may point to the same thing as the word conspiracy is: deception, corruption, exploitation, manipulation, low-consciousness and so on, but often the word conspiracy explains the misdeed most precisely, so why shy away from it?

The problem with the moon landing isn’t that it may or may not have been faked, but that in terms of us changing society from low-consciousness to high-consciousness it doesn’t make a difference whether it was faked or not. Revealing the possible conspiracies behind the halt on psychedelic research, and even further the entire “war on drugs” will however be able to facilitate higher consciousness. And so it is with many other “unsung” conspiracies in today’s society.

On 9/5/2019 at 0:08 PM, tenta said:

This is some quote you made up. I never said that.

On 2019-09-04 at 3:30 PM, Shadowraix said:

Yes, Infrared cameras and GPS systems were already known in the 70´s. First e-mail was sent 1971.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is some quote you made up. I never said that.

@tenta Provide the evidence.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 9/11/2019 at 10:45 AM, How to be wise said:

@tenta Provide the evidence.

That was a parody, not real quote

A funny short recap of what many people seem to evade. Good old Carlin may not have understood every aspect of the rigged game called society, but at least he understood part of the premise :) 

On 4/9/2019 at 3:40 PM, Leo Gura said:

Intellectual midgetry.

Leo, in your opinion are all conspiracies wrong or some are true?

Do you believe that 11s was a terrorist attack made by some angry muslims?

Do you think 5G waves are completely healthy?