Manjushri

How to never gain weight again?

14 posts in this topic

I've lost 7.5 kg. I don't want to gain weight ever again, I feel like this is the healthiest body fat for my size. 

I'm making it a daily habit to weigh myself. I don't think it's enough though - because sometimes I eat without caring about gaining weight. 

Last time I lost weight but got depressed and regained it in two-three months. I don't want that ti happen ever again. I don't ever want to have extra fat ever again. It impacts the quality of both my mind and my life. 

I want to make a fool-proof plan to never gain again. Please help. 

a college did low-carb for 1 month, which changed his metabolism for the next 10 years (he wasn't able to gain weight after that, even if food intake was the same as before).

he says : 1 month no-carbs, then gradually ramp-up for carbs on the 2nd month.

(i think "keto" is low-carbs marketing).

E-X-E-R-C-I-S-E 

The benefits go beyond staying slim. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Im more concerned about the mindset. Whenever I get depressed, even though I have the habit to weigh myself daily, I dont care about the increasing numbers and keep eating a lot. 

Fix your depression - by seeing a therapist, reading books on depression, looking on youtube for videos on "how to cure depression", doing more outside activities, going for walks in nature, volunteering,  etc.  

Edited by SerpaeTetra

Weighing yourself every day is a terrible idea. Move towards a healthier lifestyle and you will not need to worry about it. 

I think you should set an upper limit - your body is always going to fluctuate based on empty vs. full stomach, bowels, hydration, etc.  Make a certain weight your weight that you shouldn't get heavier than (maybe 4-5lbs heavier than you are now if you're happier with your current bodyfat level), but don't set it too low.

Weighing yourself often, weighing your food & aiming to hit a daily calorie ballpark number based on your activity level are great ideas.

Also try running it relaxes you, releases toxins from your body and you burn faster calories.

@Marks199 No problems with the monkey. My actualized life demands a slim healthy body. I don't feel aligned nor like I'm doing personal development when I've got chubby cheeks. 

@Average Investor Why is it a terrible idea? 

I think it just comes down to your eating habits. If you eat healthily and avoid junk food you should be good.

Eat what your body was meant to eat and you won't ever have even to think about weight. Your body was designed to be lean. The tricky thing is that nobody thought you what you were meant to be eating. Buy some books about nutrition to guide your first steps and then lean on your awareness to fine tune your fuel intake.

Personally, I eat a whole food/plant based diet(Nuts, seeds, beans, veggies, rice, oat, etc.), herbal infusion/tea with intermittent fasting(12hrs every day)

Sailing on the ceiling