SQAAD

Can i live a Happy & Content Life Without Sex?

56 posts in this topic

@ajasatya

On 1/9/2019 at 7:59 PM, ajasatya said:

@SQAAD Short answer: yes.

But it has a price. It demands an utterly rigorous spiritual discipline.

What if you don't have sex & don't do any spiritual discipline? Can't you be happy then?

Because It seems like you suggest that if you have sex & no spiritual discpline then you are fine

Edited by SQAAD

@flowboy

21 hours ago, flowboy said:

@SQAAD I'm sorry, I must be confused. I thought you wanted people's input. But then you argue with the responses you get, if they tell you what you don't want to hear. So clearly, you're here because you want us to help you convince yourself that you can spiritually bypass sex, and get rid of the desire so that you don't have to do the hard work of working through your issues.

Sorry, not how it works.

Stop projecting stuff onto me.  You don't know me. This spiritual bypass thing, i'm tired of hearing it. I can have sex today if i want to. You don't know my motivations behind this.

I am not arguing with anyone. If something doesn't sound right to me, i will keep questioning. Even when i hear what i want, i still keep asking questions.

Sorry, this is how it works for me.

& Who told you that i want to get rid of the desire of sex? You just assume that.

All i said is that i want to be happy as a celibate. The desire for sex, i don't see that ever going away to be honest.

Edited by SQAAD

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

What if you don't have sex & don't do any spiritual discipline? Can't you be happy then?

Not in my experience.

unborn Truth

@ajasatya

30 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

Not in my experience.

Thank you for your time. One final question if you can answer me.

What if you have sex but don't do any spiritual discipline like most ordinary people. Can you be happy then? What's your opinion.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD You need to transcend the need for sex. Don’t demonize it, don’t repress it. (Since you want to be celibate). A lot of bad stuff happen from this.

Take a look at the Catholic Church and how many sex scandals took place. Why? Ask yourself. 

Demonization of sex will bubble up in ugly ways. Be careful.

Even if you fail to withdraw from sex and find yourself secretly jerking off, love that part of you to death.:x

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

All i said is that i want to be happy as a celibate. The desire for sex, i don't see that ever going away to be honest.

Alright. If you are truly not doing it out of lack, then of course you can be happy as a celibate! Why even ask?

All you need is a big Why. A reason of existence, a life purpose that is way more grand and important and satisfying than getting laid.

Find that and you're there.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

What if you have sex but don't do any spiritual discipline like most ordinary people. Can you be happy then? What's your opinion.

It's not about having sex or not. It's about being able to feel content even without it.

When I didn't have any spiritual discipline whatsoever, I felt anxious, inferior and victimized when I didn't have sex.

Try not to create imaginary hypotheses. Instead, face your life as you feel it NOW. Do you feel happy about how you deal with sex?

unborn Truth

Even advanced spiritual masters struggle with taming their sex drive. So for an average person it is basically impossible. You may as well stop shitting while you're at it.

If you become a hardcore yogi, it is possible to transcend. But none of you here are at that level and I would never trust you to do it.

You are better off being honest about your sexual cravings rather than trying to act all noble when deep down we both know you are a horny dog who cannot control itself in the slightest.

If you were presented with an opportunity for sex you would pounce on it like a starving lion on a gazelle.

Don't confuse lack of opportunity for some kind of spiritual transcendence. Just because you got no one to screw doesn't make you advanced. Actually it means you are even less advanced than you think. It makes you a starved devil.

It is funny when a devil pretends to be above sex. You ain't fooling anyone but yourself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I'm 26 years old and I've never had sex.

I think about sex every day as my brain is making me do that; it's not something that I'm very interested in.

It would be nice to have sex, of course, but I'm doing my best to keep myself a virgin until I get married.

I'm happy without sex. I truly am.

Meditation, writing, studying and sports matters more than sex to be completely honest.

Sex is just a form of hedonism that creates misery.

Logic, reason, and spirituality is the way.

Realizing God is also the way.

If you want to engage in sexual behavior, do it for health purposes if you can manage to keep your mind in a calm state; away from regrets. Because believe me, regret is a poison; it triggers unhealthy emotions.

Me on the road less traveled.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Even advanced spiritual masters struggle with taming their sex drive. So for an average person it is basically impossible. You may as well stop shitting while you're at it.

If you become a hardcore yogi, it is possible to transcend. But none of you here are at that level and I would never trust you to do it.

You are better off being honest about your sexual cravings rather than trying to act all noble when deep down we both know you are a horny dog who cannot control itself in the slightest.

If you were presented with an opportunity for sex you would pounce on it like a starving lion on a gazelle.

Don't confuse lack of opportunity for some kind of spiritual transcendence. Just because you got no one to screw doesn't make you advanced. Actually it means you are even less advanced than you think. It makes you a starved devil.

It is funny when a devil pretends to be above sex. You ain't fooling anyone but yourself.

So we are damned if we do and damned if we don't...

Sure you can, you can also be happy in a variety of other situations in life. My two cents:

1. You can but its a lot harder to do than if you would have sex
  2. You can but there is a good chance you dont want to be

@SQAAD  

On 9/1/2019 at 8:03 PM, Shiva said:

The question is why would anyone not want to have sex?

Just have sex and be happy what's the problem?

This is your answer. Weather you have sex or not have sex is not going to make it or break it.

@Leo Gura

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Possible/Impossible is a duality.

What about people who are asexual? Saying that only advanced yogis can transcend the need for sex & that it is impossible for others is your self-bias.

I don't expect to tame my sexual desires. It seems impossible to be honest. Nor do i think any yogi has tamed his sexual desires. They just acclimate to it.

But it is possible (i assume) to live a happy & content life without engaging in sex.  

Having sex just creates more suffering (for me) just because it produces more attachment & clinging. Not having sex still causes suffering but over time it becomes easier & easier. 

Have you remained celibate (no sex, nofap) for any long period of time? If yes how did you feel. 

Of course you would feel horny, but even when you are having sex you still feel horny. Lol.

Edited by SQAAD

@ajasatya

17 hours ago, ajasatya said:

It's not about having sex or not. It's about being able to feel content even without it.

When I didn't have any spiritual discipline whatsoever, I felt anxious, inferior and victimized when I didn't have sex.

Try not to create imaginary hypotheses. Instead, face your life as you feel it NOW. Do you feel happy about how you deal with sex?

So far yes. We will see how it goes.

I personally know people who live without sex for years & they are ok. They are almost as ok as people who engage in sex.

Both those groups are starved dogs. Who does get enough sex nowadays? Even Dan Bilzerian doesn't get enough sex.

The more you have sex, the more you wanna have sex. Like an addiction & you suffer.

You don't have sex? You still suffer because of the desire. So it's about which sh*t sandwitch are you willing to eat. 

I am just tasting a new flavor now.

Edited by SQAAD

1 hour ago, SQAAD said:

that it is impossible for others is your self-bias.

I'm starting to regret teaching you guys this concept because of how badly you misuse it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

self bias is never only onedimensional, but we can only always analyse it from within, fingerpointing is as much an ego game than not realizing how self biased that is. of course regret is one way to see a tool misused you already mastered...

especially regarding sex, life shows so many preferences and different approches - we don`t have to try them all, by the way who ever wants that. sexuality is how we feel about it and how this makes us treat others, sexuality is also about overcoming fears and finding trust and love, especially here it`s important to listen to your own feelings and how far you want to go. if this means celibacy for a while then why not? it`s an experiment on what you want, like any other sexual experiment. but it also can have negative effects in other dimensions of your life - the most important thing about it is probably to get aware of what it does with you, that´s also why it´s probably better to tap into spirituality with that and learn to listen and control your body. sexual energy is a powerful modulator of our lifes we can`t just ignore it, better we learn to understand it. everyone is different. but that`s also where it`s getting either complicated or interesting.

Edited by remember

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Having sex just creates more suffering (for me) just because it produces more attachment & clinging.

@SQAAD Another attempt to be helpful here: what about transcending the attachment and clinging that you get after sex? In my experience, this is very doable. Certainly easier than your original plan.

Just have sex from time to time and learn to let go right after. Actually women will teach you this, it's in their nature.

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/