BlessedLion

Is there a difference between letting go and acceptance?

7 posts in this topic

Recently i have gotten into deep acceptances of the present moment, my awareness is taking in more and more as i meditate and heal more and i am able to accept it. When i do this with "negative" emotions and cravings, they simple dissapate, not always but sometimes. Is  this the same as letting go, just noticing what is and accepting it? I don't want to confuse myself with trying to do the same thing

Also, where does each stand on the scale of purification? As i accept many of my nuerotic tendencies and anxieties they seem to loose their strength over me, is this similar with letting go? or the exact same? I feel i am focusing too much on the wording for the same phenomenon 

Edited by BlessedLion

On 31.8.2019 at 11:11 PM, BlessedLion said:

Recently i have gotten into deep acceptances of the present moment, my awareness is taking in more and more as i meditate and heal more and i am able to accept it. When i do this with "negative" emotions and cravings, they simple dissapate, not always but sometimes. Is  this the same as letting go, just noticing what is and accepting it? I don't want to confuse myself with trying to do the same thing

Also, where does each stand on the scale of purification? As i accept many of my nuerotic tendencies and anxieties they seem to loose their strength over me, is this similar with letting go? or the exact same? I feel i am focusing too much on the wording for the same phenomenon 

It seems (and I am exactly the same like you with my neurosis) that you use this techniques to escape those uncomfortable feelings and as you do that, you are only worsen the duality in your brain between the "bad" place and the "good" place you want those method to take you! 

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Acceptance and letting go are very interrelated but not the same. You cannot let go something if you don't accept it. You can also accept something but cannot let it go.

Let's say that acceptance is the act of enabling or letting something be in your awareness. Letting go is taking the emotional weight out of something so that it naturally leaves your awareness. Notice that stuff doesn't come into your awareness if you don't care about it.

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Thank you all for informing us that acceptance comes before letting go.

I had tried to release my blockages by pushing them away energetically.

I agree we shouldn't try to avoid what we find unpleasant as this will only strengthen the duality.

Both Yes and No!

Letting Go could happen in every present moment, if you wanna be in the present moment, you should let go of everything, but you could not accept the situation and you'd take necessary steps to get to the point of change. 

but most of the time, they are the same, but as long as the meaning of acceptance wouldn't get the negative meaning like tolerance...

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"