AlphaAbundance

Self-Inquiry SOS

16 posts in this topic

I can't get past mind-body identification. I just think Im the body. I understand that if I am the body how am I perceiving the body logic but that seems like just reasoning which can be debated. Like "Ok sure i'm the body and the perceiver", "the body is a secondary part of me", etc. 

Also when I am focusing on what I am how do you know your not just focusing on some sensation in the back of your head or bullshitting yourself.

Question it again and again. Why is it that you identify with the body? What is there special to the body compared to other perceived objects like a chair? Or do you believe that you have sensations inside the body and perceive the outside world through a body?

If you for instance feel that you hear  voices with your ears, that certainly creates a belief that you are inside the body. But do you really experience ears hearing voices etc.?

When focusing on what you are, keep noticing that every perception 'lands' on your focus naturally, and then try to find the border between that awareness and the thing perceived. You'll naturally be 'in yourself' right there where you can't find any border. Don't look for an object that could satisfy you but rather look for not finding anything.

Seems like you're doing just fine, I'd say keep going too. If you feel like you are the body, delve into that feeling; if 'the body' can think, feel, have sensations then what does that mean? That physical matter is consciousness. Not that matter HAS consciousness or is primary to it, but that these two are just the same 'thing' looked at in two different ways. Carry on going, and when your perceiver and body (observer and observed) merge together into one field, then you have moved on to the next stage in your development. 

Nick. 

Everything is connected, but connections are only necessary from a fragmented point of view. What's the connection between two waves? The whole deep ocean which they are made of in the first place!

The problem is you cannot think your way out of this. You need a change in your state of consciousness. This can be done either via a psychedelic or very intense concentration/mindfulness practice.

Thinking about it will not work.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@AlphaAbundance You need 180 degree shift in every way You currently perceive. Nothing apparently Will change but everything Will change. ?

What? 

Observe Awareness not think about it observe it. 

6 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

I just think Im the body

Try listening to it so closely, there’s no gap anymore. 

Drop preferences of taste, for alignment in well being. 

You’ll feel wonderful, and such thoughts will lose their resistant nature. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

I can't get past mind-body identification. I just think Im the body. I understand that if I am the body how am I perceiving the body logic but that seems like just reasoning which can be debated. Like "Ok sure i'm the body and the perceiver", "the body is a secondary part of me", etc. 

Also when I am focusing on what I am how do you know your not just focusing on some sensation in the back of your head or bullshitting yourself.

You need to recognise that you created the idea of 'I am the body'. Is IS literally a thought. Your identification with the body is a thought, or a collection of thoughts. You might come up with 10 reasons why you think you are the body like "I can control my arms and legs", or "I can't control other bodies", or "I can feel this body and not other bodies" etc. But ask yourself, who says that just because those things may seem to be true, that they automatically mean you are the body? YOU Say! You made that up! You're making up the logic that says all those reasons are why you are the body! Just because you can feel your body and not other bodies doesn't mean you are your body. You're making that logic up. There's actually nothing in your direct experience which says you are the body. It's just your made up logic and reason and beliefs that make it seem like it is. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Listen to Leo you are in mental mastrubation loop, for self inquiry you will need calm mind 

6a00d83452538969e20240a4984c8d200d-500wi.png

if you wannt i can send you The mind Illuminated book great way to sharp your mindfullnes practice it will be much more effective to ask self inquiry questions after that 

@SriBhagwanYogi Problems of the mind evaporate when Light of Truth(❤️?) melts it away with It's Absolute power. 

Mind illuminated. 

Yes I am illluminati Who pretends to be a hippie. ??

What else MYSELF pretends to be? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Try using alcohol. It worked well for me for this.

Get to the point where you are giggly and feel light in your body. Then sit down and just observe.

Notice how your body and mind are just being, without "you" having to interfere in that being.

Obviously don't do this too often. And you must do it alone, not at a party. Do this as a serious spiritual exercise.

22 minutes ago, Cepzeu said:

Try using alcohol. It worked well for me for this.

Get to the point where you are giggly and feel light in your body. Then sit down and just observe.

Notice how your body and mind are just being, without "you" having to interfere in that being.

Obviously don't do this too often. And you must do it alone, not at a party. Do this as a serious spiritual exercise.

:x whatever works :D

Just now, Jkris said:

@zeroISinfinity How to observe Awareness ?

Who is the one observing awareness ?

Let go of thinking about it. Just stay as Awareness itself. 

@Space Thats perfectly understood(Intellectual knowledge-understanding) to become a experiential realisation - one must realise experientially.

Why unable to withdraw from the body is the question.

???

Be curious don't get devoid but not Try to use egoic  mind. You see egoic always asks Who? in hope there is a "me" (small self/Ego self) to be found (It can't because It's conceptual has no substance so to speak). 

There is YOU no worry but Nature of YOU is quite different. 

So stay as Awareness be curious without toughts. 

8 hours ago, Jkris said:

Why unable to withdraw from the body is the question.

Self -survival of course. Realising you are not just the body, or realising that there is no body at all, is not conducive towards self-survival. We have been telling ourselves we are our bodies for years, decades. It's not something that can just be realised in 10 minutes. 

It really requires a radical shift in consciousness. For most people its next to impossible without psychedelics. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski