Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Alex bAlex

What if I cannot think for myself

9 posts in this topic

We're always following rules from how to make a cup of tea to how to drive or compose an email. 

Some people seem to override societies set of rules and create wonderful things. 

Now what if I'm not able to take decisions for myself and always have to check the "code" in order to drive my life of listen for instructions? Will I be a slave for life? In a certain way all of us are tight to this. 

Hopefully what I want to say makes sense ?

Seems like you may be pointing towards a possible hierarchy of duct tape wizards,,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

@Zigzag Idiot I was sitting and thinking about joining the army. Then I went to investigate the reasons and I found that I need to be part of a male group (camaraderie) as the masculine model missed the part of my teenage development. And the other reason was that in the army there is someone who can guide you (e.g. Give orders). 

Now I am afraid that I will not be able to make it in life and look out for "instruction" from others. 

.... Just more duct tape.... 

@Alex bAlex ?? Sounds like you got some good and solid Contemplative Psychoanalysis going on.

@Alex bAlex Just start deciding, man. Make good and bad choices. At least you are making them.

Being validated is only part of the equation. You dont need proof to tie your shoes , ride a bike, contemplate.

The best part is the question. The most fulfilling?  The confusion. The most common, the doubt.

I hope this made sense to you but you dont need us. You got it.

You've already answered your question: all of us are bound by rules.

We are bound by the rules of nature that we can't violate (though some rules aren't what we thought in the first place). But man-made rules can be broken all the time, and perhaps should be broken to see what new discoveries we can make.

If you feel you need instructions all the time, it might be good to test out some rule-breaking in a controlled environment where there are no heavy consequences if you make a mistake.  What kind of self-thinking do you have in mind?

You asking about this topic already proves you are thinking for yourself, in my opinion.

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@Zigzag Idiot More paranoid that I am getting Schizophrenic with all this chattering and analysis in my mind. :) 

@K VIL Sometimes the confusion and doubt lead to freezing fear. And decisions cannot be taken so easy when the responsibilities are at high stakes (e.g. people who depend on you)

@denydritz Maybe society is just an act. You see people talking to each other, like in a friendship relationship, but do they really like each other? 

Thank you all! 

My ship of fools are more manageable out on the high seas than they are when at port.

?

?‍♂️