SQAAD

5-MeO DMT is Damaging to our Nervous System

20 posts in this topic

Check the video below between  1:05:00 & 1:10:00. They talk about psychedelics & spirituality. Very interesting stuff.

One dude claims that after a DMT experience his energies centers seemed to be missing a pink color.

And the other guy said that it is very damaging to our nervous system. He described it like a 220 outlet getting plugged into your 110 body & it just fries you out because we can't handle that much energy.

Any opinions ??

Edited by SQAAD

I think I heard a story from sadhguru of how adiyogi when he bestowed his knowing to his desciples, he made them prepare themselfs for 84years. And only then he unleashed all the mysteries of life to them. 

Sadhguru also says if I want I can make you enlightenment in one moment, but you would die instantly because you couldn't handle it. 

The whole point of yoga is not to achieve anything but to prepare yourself for these states. The only reason you're not enlightened is because you're not ready to be. The important thing is to focus on the root not the flower. Flower will happen automatically once you take care of the root. 

Edited by Salvijus

Depends on how you do it. If you smoke massive doses, sure.

But if you plug moderate doses, then no.

And if you do it properly it can actually be healing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Salvijus I agree with you totally

Kundalini force was once activated during smoking weed. It is absolute powerful. It really felt like my lower back and ass are on fire

I was shocked, but it was also funny. I was fine after this event, never thought about it again. It was just for 30 seconds. I dont want to know how this is 24/7, this force is very heavy, but natural 

honestly in my experience psychedelics are like playing russian roulette with your brain

@khalifa

1 hour ago, khalifa said:

honestly in my experience psychedelics are like playing russian roulette with your brain

That is NOT my experience with low dose of shrooms.

Edited by SQAAD

The majority of psychedelics are amongst the least neurotoxic recreational substances known to man.

Albert Hoffman lived 102 years old.

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.

@khalifa I feel you, but I noticed that people need to have A LOT of awareness of their mind. Unchecked mind + psychedelics can really fuck you up and you can do bad things to yourself. But I noticed that if you have good awareness on your thoughts you can trip really well. Just start low and work your way up with time.

Mahadev

the only risks I'm aware of aside from doing something stupid while tripping is HPPD, (hallucinogen persisting perception disorder). 

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

The electrical energy of the nervous system can't be damaged, cells arguably can become damaged or weakened, and restored. 

That's kind of irrelevant for the spiritual path though, albeit not unimportant. 

But why would you assume psychedelics would hurt cells?

So they claim its bad for your nervous system just because they felt their chakra color go away? How can you make a blanket statement saying that the substance is bad for your nervous system?

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

3 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

So they claim its bad for your nervous system just because they felt their chakra color go away? How can you make a blanket statement saying that the substance is bad for your nervous system?

Welcome to the spiritual scene

@SQAAD Listen to the rest of the video, he clarifies exactly what you’re asking. 

6 hours ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

They didn’t make a blanket statement. They compared uncontrolled and controlled setting, dosage, understanding, environment, etc. Too much too soon, and for the wrong reasons can make suffering worse by magnifying what one is avoiding, and or giving great relief only to be followed by a depressing return of the avoidance. That can certainly instill hopelessness and unfortunately, deeper misunderstanding. The point they’re making is in addition to ‘emptying the cup’, and ‘cleaning the the house’, use psychedelics to directly experience just how glorious we are, to begin the metadventure. They’re speaking up for a wholistic approach, and raising awareness on the insanity of the current psychedelic regulatory climate. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

18 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@SQAAD Listen to the rest of the video, he clarifies exactly what you’re asking. 

They didn’t make a blanket statement. They compared uncontrolled and controlled setting, dosage, understanding, environment, etc. Too much too soon, and for the wrong reasons can make suffering worse by magnifying what one is avoiding, and or giving great relief only to be followed by a depressing return of the avoidance. That can certainly instill hopelessness and unfortunately, deeper misunderstanding. The point they’re making is in addition to ‘emptying the cup’, and ‘cleaning the the house’, use psychedelics to directly experience just how glorious we are, to begin the metadventure. They’re Speaking up for a wholistic approach, and raising awareness on the insanity of the current psychedelic regulatory climate. 

Makes more sense

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

My friend was in psychedelic induced psychosis for 9 months. There's a reason why there are shamans who understand them and can guide and support you as they have been doing them since they were young, some on a daily basis.

Even cannabis is overstimulating on the nervous system, that's why there is withdrawals when you stop. Just like coffee and sugar ect... Let alone 5-meo.. Even Bashar says to stay away from this substance. These are medicine, spiritual tools. How we use them today is highly un-wise.

Unless you are Master at these things and in-tune with nature/spirit and completely understand what occurs on all levels when using these substances, you shouldn't be messing around because 9/10 times you will be opening up to things way beyond your level.

Stay wise people.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Risk of psychedelics are 

HPPD, PTSD, schizophrenia (if you have a genetic predisposition) 

But it's all rare 

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

psychedelics actually increase neurogenesis and neuroplasticity by inducing NGF (neuronal growth factor). it helps building new synapses between neurons and some parts of the brain (like the hippocampus and the corpus callosum) even increase in size after repeated use of psychedelics. that's all backed up by science. so I think the opposite is actually true for psychedelics in general

I guess it depends on dosage, frequency, intention and integration 

If done carefully and with the right mindset and preparation they're quite beneficial :)

whatever arises, love that

On 8/31/2019 at 8:33 AM, Salvijus said:

.......... I can make you enlightenment in one moment, but you would die instantly because you couldn't handle it. 

That is what ayahuasca told me ... that I would not be able to handle it :D ... I understand now

6 hours ago, archi said:

That is what ayahuasca told me ... that I would not be able to handle it :D ... I understand now

Hence why there are no shortcuts to enlightenment. Psychedelics are amazing substances but unless you are spiritually guided and in tune with nature and spirit it would not be wise to play with them without a shaman or someone who understands what occurs on an energetic-level when you are under the influence of such substances.

B R E A T H E

There is only one shaman in the universe: YOU!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.