ROOBIO

How to reach this level of contentment

9 posts in this topic

I got a feeling that the aim of the game is to basically reach a level of complete non-neediness. 

When you will completely be content if you where locked away on an island in complete isolation. Or you will totally content living as the last person on the plant, not needing anything with anyone and being perfectly ok with the state of your mind and feelings. 

This will change everything, your relationships, your life purpose etc. You are not coming from a place of approval, wanting, neediness, and will only be giving your gifts to the world. Without caring if you receive love from external factors, without caring you receive validation. It takes the pressure of and you really can just be and love the present moment as much as you can. I can really see the value in it. You won’t care if everything goes to shit because you have mastered being content in complete isolation, fully accepting yourself as an outsider, as an outcast of society. You won’t care if you are hated by everybody, you won’t care if they kill you.

The question is what has the capability of taking you there?

Sometimes I have a moment where I completely freak out if I feel left out, if I feel isolated, I don’t feel like anyone gets me, likes me or fits in

Edited by ROOBIO

Has anyone on this forum reached these levels?

21 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@ROOBIO I have. It's worth it.

Amazing man! what were the processes that you used in your life to reach this?

@ROOBIO Letting go, literally. I donated/threw away a lot of stuff (some of them were very expensive). I detailed a few aspects of the process here. Feel free to ask me anything you want. My life is an open book.

unborn Truth

On 31/08/2019 at 7:45 PM, ajasatya said:

@ROOBIO Letting go, literally. I donated/threw away a lot of stuff (some of them were very expensive). I detailed a few aspects of the process here. Feel free to ask me anything you want. My life is an open book.

Thank you man, I am in the process too. Just sold my bike, didn't need it any more. Such a relief and actually more freeing than having it.

I remember when I was trekking in the Himalayas and came across a 50-year-old dutch guy. He told me the only possessions he owned was the backpack on his back and a bicycle he stored at his friend's house in Europe. He used it to cycle across Europe. I was shocked. Back then I was way more rational, materialistic so I was in awe in how he was able to be happy. Nowadays I really see the beauty in the way he lived his life, it brings me to tears just thinking about it.

Been so strange the last couple of days. Been having big shifts in my perspective. I don't feel the need to stand out any more. I have been known to be the entertainer, but I see that was because there was a fear I wouldn't fit in. It came about from anxiety. Now I don't need to prove myself to people I am so much calmer, and can speak only when I want to. I love just being and nobody needs to take notice of me.

Nothing seems more content to me then a dog playing with his ball by the water. 

For that animal, life literally can not be any better in any way. 

It's pretty cool. 

@ROOBIO

Practical application of the Truth in life will happen only after realisation.-So I cannot dont know say anything about that.

What I heard from lot of realized people is

Complete needlessness - is not what suggested.

Go for the middle path.Dont go for the extremes and will just result in unnecessary suffering.-Remember only there is no mental suffering but physical suffering cannot be escaped.

Discriminate between needs and desires and possessions.

Selling away the bike is not needed - the bike is useful for transportation only the attachment to bike its my bike is what needs to be dropped.If something happens to bike one need not be upset.Selling the bike now the mode of transportation is by bus,train ??? So its a self imposed restraint but to travel by other modes of transport.

Food shelter cloths medicines and money are basic needs for the body to live survive.

One need not renounce money totally - one just need to renounce money mindedness greed misery.Keep on focussing on how to make more money and then how to protect the properties is what needs to be dropped.

If money is totally renounced one have to depend on others for basic needs.

Be independent - dont dependend on others as much as possible.

Total independence is also not practically possible body requires some degree of inter dependence.

It is neither totally ignoring the duties - done with careless attitude.Escaping with I am not the doer I dont have any free will etc.

As long as body is there one cannot escape from needs duties responsibilities.

Living in total isolation - whats the purpose of living such a life ?

Body is vulnerable - ageing,disease,memory problems the body is not a super man provided with super powers.

Body needs support help of the other people even if you slip down fall some body needs to lift the body carry some weights.

Even the monks doing service do have support of fellow monks volunteers.

Realisation is knowing that you are always content no matter what happens outside.It doesnt depend on living in isolation nor living in the wirld.wether you are working or in a market place wether other people judge you criticize you abuse you - one is not disturbed.

Before realisation carry water chop woods after realisation the same ???

This is my current understanding so for.

???

I wanted to find this thing called enlightenment or peace through massive effort. Trying to monitor everything in my head and all my actions and at some point i realized when i was drinking booze with my friend i sort of remembered who i was when i wasn't trying to get anywhere.

All that effort to get somewhere and trying to be more present and whatever started to feel like madness. ?