Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Western Buddha

Letting go is not a method for suppressing emotions?

26 posts in this topic

@Western Buddha Letting go takes you straight to facing suppressed emotions. You won't be able to let go of wounded traumas that still hurt. But if you keep working on letting go, one day it will actually happen and the wound will be healed.

unborn Truth

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

@Western Buddha Letting go takes you straight to facing suppressed emotions. You won't be able to let go of wounded traumas that still hurt. But if you keep working on letting go, one day it will actually happen and the wound will be healed.

So basically the method is to feel what arises and then acknowledge it and then let it go (like a cloud that passing by)?

@Western Buddha Yes. Feeling is the hard part. We tend to avoid pain so this is very counterintuitive. But once you feel what has to be felt, it's possible to let go.

unborn Truth

30 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Western Buddha Yes. Feeling is the hard part. We tend to avoid pain so this is very counterintuitive. But once you feel what has to be felt, it's possible to let go.

Do you think i should watch leos video on how to deal with strong negative emotions and after that i can apply the letting go?

1 minute ago, Western Buddha said:

Do you think i should watch leos video on how to deal with strong negative emotions and after that i can apply the letting go?

I can't tell you what you should do. It doesn't work like that. But if I were on your shoes, as I was a few years ago, I'd dive in some form of artistic expression to get in touch with my feelings. Poetry worked like a charm for me.

unborn Truth